What makes an action hack'n slash RPG fun..

Developer.. What i would suggest is make the game you wanted to make. Do not be actually bothered by fanaticism or closed-minded individuals that may or may not limit your game.

The RPG style and genre you find in a majority of all crpgs these days was created by exactly that, closed-minded individuals. The whole "tradition" is riddled with people who spew out nothing but clichees.

Some would agressively object protusive outfit.. some would actually like more options, variety that suits their roleplay. It's a subjective matter whereby it could result in arguments and heated discussions.

"OMG I can undress my doll! They give me rpg-options!" Look, you're not given anything to suit your roleplay (whatever that may be) in 99% of the crpgs you got atm, you're spoonfed the same regurgitated nonsense over and over, until you're so void of ideas and imagination that you're completely sold on the idea that you're given options.

All in all, my opinion is .. do not be obstrusive to the point that it may result in nudity

For God's sake, have nudity, but do it good. You enjoy spending time going through 30-page threads about whether or not someone saw DA Morrigan's left nipple under her breastplate on max cam-zoom? Maturity in contemporary crpgs - Baywatch nipples rubbing against steel-breastplates! yay!

J.

Since that the main MP mode seems to be just drop-in/out with no character import/export, there unlikely to be deep customization on the appearance of the characters after all, I guess.

I was under the impression that sacred 2 was the drop in drop out system, and that game had full character import/export. I hope the co-op is not just taking over a npc character while the "hero/game host" plays a single player campaign, but 2-4 fully fleged characters in there own right, moving from one multiplayer game to the next ala the original/ diablo/sacred 2 etc....

The best part of the original DS was loot hunting with your pals, it would be like having a football game without the ball surely?

Edited by Freeid

I was under the impression that sacred 2 was the drop in drop out system, and that game had full character import/export. I hope the co-op is not just taking over a npc character while the "hero/game host" plays a single player campaign, but 2-4 fully fleged characters in there own right, moving from one multiplayer game to the next ala the original/ diablo/sacred 2 etc....

The best part of the original DS was loot hunting with your pals, it would be like having a football game without the ball surely?

At the moment, only local multiplayer is confirmed and, currently, I think the below is one of the most detailed descriptions, found in an Erurogamer's article?.
Co-op is central to Dungeon Siege III and Obsidian tells us that the game is entirely designed around it - although online multiplayer isn't confirmed yet, and locally it's only possible to control a companion character rather than bring a character of your own into someone else's game.

"We want the game to be about multiplayer, and we want it to be as easy as possible," says lead designer Nathaniel Chapman, noting that his girlfriend would watch him play Mass Effect 2 to follow the story, and wanted to be able to jump in and take control of Tali. Intriguingly, Obsidian is working on multiplayer aspects to the conversation system, too. "Multiplayer and single-player are not two separate games. They're totally integrated. That was a very important point for us," he says.

Local or online co-op multiplayer with two or more player created characters is a must. If that is in the game, this household will buy two copies (for PC) and I think several friends of mine will do the same. Without it, this game will fall off the radar of a lot of people I think.