ID Jibril Al-Bara at the Chateau glitch. PLEASE HELP!!!

Reg1.1

Question

I have posted the problem numerous time, sent an IM to a developer and yet nothing has been said on what to do to fix this issue.

On the second part of this mission, when IDing bothe the prostitute and Peter van der Graaf, I get the data transmited, but Mina says nothing, the sniper stays locked on to the target forever, and the game can no continue from there. I have reloaded saves/ reinstalled the game/ shot everyone/ reinstalled windows/ played a new game up to the same point to no avail, the issue persists and I want to know what Obsidian is going to do about it, because I payed my hard earned money for this game, waited for it for years and know I can not play it, because of a bug. Someone please help, this is driving me nuts.

I have posted the problem numerous time, sent an IM to a developer and yet nothing has been said on what to do to fix this issue.

On the second part of this mission, when IDing bothe the prostitute and Peter van der Graaf, I get the data transmited, but Mina says nothing, the sniper stays locked on to the target forever, and the game can no continue from there. I have reloaded saves/ reinstalled the game/ shot everyone/ reinstalled windows/ played a new game up to the same point to no avail, the issue persists and I want to know what Obsidian is going to do about it, because I payed my hard earned money for this game, waited for it for years and know I can not play it, because of a bug. Someone please help, this is driving me nuts.

I can only think of one thing that can cause this problem, because I had it too (avoided it by killing van der Graaf and any witnesses), but have you modified anything in APEngine.ini lately? Sounds like a sound file is not being played for some reason, and I've had a LOT of endgame crashes thanks to sound files (dialogue lines not playing, some sounds completely crashing the game).It worked 100% when I reset everything related to the mouse and "jerkiness" fix back to the default optionsjust hap, so I wasn't in the mood to investigate further, just happy I could finish the game. Try re-editing your .inis to see if it does the trick. Or you could always shoot them in the head. No hard feelings. You even get a perk and a mass murderer story on the news, and they blame it on terrorists. Har har.

I have a different problem. I can make it to the 3rd section no problem, but once there, I cannot progress. All I can see is 4 guards, but I'm pretty sure there are supposed to be a bunch of guests there. Even if I shoot all of the guards, it will say that a witness has escaped and I fail the mission. I've done everything else I can do in the game, except this mission. I'll upload my save file (the autosave from the mission, as well as a save at the safehouse beforehand), and if anyone can get past this part for me and send the save back, that would be awesome!

Edit: Nevermind, I'm just stupid/blind, the problem was with me, not the game xD

Edited by TuRDMaN

Yeah, I had trouble there too finding more people. But look up left on a balcony, someone's walking there that's of interest... :p

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Yeah, I had trouble there too finding more people. But look up left on a balcony, someone's walking there that's of interest... :p

I've checked all the windows, and looked around everywhere and couldn't see anyone other than the 4(?) guards walking around. I'll check again now.

Edit: Well I'll be, I see him now. Thanks for the tip! I can't believe I almost threw the game out because of that....

Edited by TuRDMaN

Had the same problem as everyone else- even after I downloaded someone's finished recruit save and used it to start a veteran game.

Winklebottom, if you're still getting folks past this, here's my current save:

20100606115013.sav

Okay I got past it. Here's the Save.

If anyone else needs help getting pass this section I can probably respond within 24 hours.

I have an idea, why not everyone tell us how exactly they are going, because most people play with an archetype, so why not upload saves after this section with that archetype, say the stealth/pistol/martial arts that is friends with everyone and very professional. Also I will upload mine soon, do not have much time to play.

That wouldn't work. The game tracks so many different variables in the way you play, to use someone else's saves would suck.

Tell you waht, keep uploading saves, I'll join winklebottom and do the same thing if I see them. Although, when I'm on the forums I usually don't have access to AP...

edit: you should be able to upload saves to the forum directly if you zip them.

A common disease in tech support forums. :p

Upload your save here at that exact checkpoint and we will get you through to the next checkpoint, so you won't miss a lot.

Our games are not affected by the bug, so even if we load your saves, we can ID van der Graaf just fine. No special trick.

ok thanks, seems all I had to do was go back to my save before starting the mission and then targeting the bugged guy first, then worked fine. I did have the intelligence and I quit the game and restarted it in case it was some type of memory leak issue.

I'll get on this one in a little bit.

Hrm, can you give me the .dat file in MetaData as well? I don't know how winklebottom's doing it without them...