My own bug report

JockX

Question

Short list of bugs from first 10 mins of game:

1. Mouse sensitivity close to zero. Seriously, when I play any game first thing I do is to REDUCE mouse sensitivity. Looks like Obsidian did it for me this time. Anyway, I fixed it by editing APinput.ini file - I set 'bEnableMouseSmoothing=false' and 'MouseSensitivity=40.000000' (I guess this one is what I usually reduce in game options). Both changes were done twice within the file, not sure which one is valid. Also, disabling mouse smoothing solved erratic behaviour of camera (random overresponsiveness or freezing - yeah..., 'smoothin' my a$$).

2. PDA delay. I know, those things have slower proccessors, but seriously. I press tab and wait like 5 seconds before the screen turns to PDA menu. One would think that processing 3d graphics is more of a task to a modern PC, but it looks like PDA screen consumes so much resources that it needs loading time. Honestly, why not add progress bar? This seems to occur randomly, I connect it to CPU load, cause rebooting my PC and turning off some backgroud processes helped here - not that any other game had any problems at all running with those same applications on.

3. Awarness glitch - Not sure if this is actual glitch, or intended effect, but when I try to use Awareness skill, press Q and see the Awarness icon move a bit in top right corner of the screen, but no timer starts (neither cooldown nor remaining time ountdown) Awareness does not work at all for an agent who had 2 points invested in steath. - Not managed to solve it.

4. Wardrobe preview glitch - again, not sure if this is a glitch, but, shouldn't I be able to preview changes to my character while customising him at the wardrobe just outside the first tutorial area? I mean to see the difference between particular sets of glasses or haircuts I had to accept changes first and look at my character outside the wardrobe. It buggs me, because I can see that there is almost half of the screen free while customising - its just black window. I guess it is where I should see my character preview. - Did not solve this by neither restarting the game, my PC or installing latest nvidia drivers.

5 . Pistol funny glitch - unfortunatelly, I did not take a screenshot. When Mike crouches, he holds his gun in both hands, but when you right-click to aim and then turn 90 degrees right, he should stretch his right arm holding the gun. What happened to me was that he DID stretch his arm, but the gun got glued to his LEFT arm. And it stayed there. So when i made several steps forward, the gun was still sticked to the left arm resulting in Mike holding his gun upside down. Like a schoolgirl not knowing what it was. - Got it fixed by Alt-Tabbing the game, but since we're talking schoolgirls...

6. ...the worst of all those bugs. It's a gamebreaker. Makes the game unplayable on my computer. The main character looks like he was in junior-high. In girls only class! Even with a beard 'she' still looks like a girl-scout! DID ANYONE FIND A SOLUTION TO THAT ONE?

9 answers to this question

Actually I stumbled upon number 7. Why when I try to scroll an email I have to click the little arrow. Mouse wheel when used takes me to another message instead of moving text of the current email up. Thats sooo annoying.

Actually I stumbled upon number 7. Why when I try to scroll an email I have to click the little arrow. Mouse wheel when used takes me to another message instead of moving text of the current email up. Thats sooo annoying.

Oh yes, this one is bugging the hell out of me. Both in emails and in intel.. Perhaps there is a way to fix this in apinput?

Hrm, there seems to be something linking the scrollwheel to selection up and selection down. I'll keep looking.

Update: I managed to stop the scrollwheel from moving the selection up and down. Think I might have something on the scrolling, but its not working just yet. Hopefully I'll get it fixed.

Update: Hrm, It should have something to do with IncrementSliderValue and DecrementSliderValue, but Im not 100% sure. Ah.. no, wrong scrollbar..

Edited by blackwolfe

3. Awarness glitch - Not sure if this is actual glitch, or intended effect, but when I try to use Awareness skill, press Q and see the Awarness icon move a bit in top right corner of the screen, but no timer starts (neither cooldown nor remaining time ountdown) Awareness does not work at all for an agent who had 2 points invested in steath. - Not managed to solve it.

Yup same here it doesnt work i guess(at least not on hard setting didnt tried different one)

However Awareness (Master) works ok.

4. Wardrobe preview glitch - again, not sure if this is a glitch, but, shouldn't I be able to preview changes to my character while customising him at the wardrobe just outside the first tutorial area? I mean to see the difference between particular sets of glasses or haircuts I had to accept changes first and look at my character outside the wardrobe. It buggs me, because I can see that there is almost half of the screen free while customising - its just black window. I guess it is where I should see my character preview. - Did not solve this by neither restarting the game, my PC or installing latest nvidia drivers.

in areas where it happend it always affect : inventory, wardrobe and shop (ofcourse wardrobe and shop not in missions)

Happend to me in that first area

first safehouse was ok

In every mission on middle east

in Taipei safehouse (most annoying here)

didnt played any further yet...

6. ...the worst of all those bugs. It's a gamebreaker. Makes the game unplayable on my computer. The main character looks like he was in junior-high. In girls only class! Even with a beard 'she' still looks like a girl-scout! DID ANYONE FIND A SOLUTION TO THAT ONE?

I am more concern by his "BOK BOK" sneaky "BOK BOK" walk style :)

7.Actually I stumbled upon number 7. Why when I try to scroll an email I have to click the little arrow. Mouse wheel when used takes me to another message instead of moving text of the current email up. Thats sooo annoying.

agree

Edited by Tin

Awareness seemed to be 'passive' for me. I maxed stealth but I was getting awareness all the time for most of the game. I don't think it's an activated skill.

It would indeed be nice to be able to use mouse wheels in emails and missives, controls are clunky in a few places - hopefully it can be patched in.

Awareness seemed to be 'passive' for me. I maxed stealth but I was getting awareness all the time for most of the game. I don't think it's an activated skill.

It would indeed be nice to be able to use mouse wheels in emails and missives, controls are clunky in a few places - hopefully it can be patched in.

It is an active skill. I used it during the Tutorial but then it worked no more. I poured some points on stealth to get it to master level and it's working again.

Edited by zkylon

Awareness is an activated ability until the 5th increment of the stealth skill is purchased. It starts off as something that all agents get regardless of stealth ability, lasting 20 seconds. 2nd increment stealth knocks up the duration to 60 seconds or so, and 5th increment make it a universal, passive ability.

its a passive skill, and the email thing is annoying.