*SPLIT: A better box, full of goodies

BicycleOfDeath

I speak french, of course, also english and german and can understand italian and a bit of spanish.

Btw, 70 in french (only in france, in other french speaking countries they say 'septante') we say 60 10 (soixante-dix) and not 50 20...

I used to be conversational in German, but even that is questionable now. I don't stick to studying and communicating in any language long enough to be very proficient. I've studied Spanish, French, MS Arabic, Latin, German, Welsh, Danish, and Icelandic. I'd like to think I know a fair amount about Germanic and Romance languages. I help tutor my girlfriend in Italian even though I really don't know the language at all.

I'm a native English speaker. I studied German for about four years, but it's been a good four or five years sinse I last used it. So "Guten Tag" is about the extent of my skill at this point.

Currently I'm learning Japanese. It isn't really a difficult spoken language once you wrap your mind around the idea that some sentence structures are "backwards" compared to English. Kanji however is incedibly difficult to learn.

If I had time (and there was money to be made B) ) I wouldn't mind learning more languages; learning Japanese has shown me how much thought patterns change depending on language, for one thing. Kanji is also extremly interesting in that you can often see the ideas that went into certain words either through pure individual meaning or through the meaning of base componnts.