Forgotten Realms

marcellius

hi,

newbie here =)

have been playing FR related RPG games since Baldur's GateI +II, IWD, NWN, NWN2;

I was thinking how do OE or even Bioware start projects with FR related games? At the moment I see that BG, IWD and NWN is very successful; I understand that the fantasy world in the D&D community is huge and it is impossible to put everything into electronic gaming; but it seems that not many of FR or D&D stories are being put into the e-gaming industry; or am I asking too much, it's already a lot ? :p

:p FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

You have a problem? :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm not sure I understand your question, but as far as I know neither Obsidian nor Bioware is working on any D&D title. Though both companies probably have some unannounced projects...

Thanks for the reply, my question was a little unclear; Was just thinking if anymore FR games will be releasing since now we have Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter stories already; Was hoping there is more since all these games has been proven successful.

I=)

I'm not sure I understand your question, but as far as I know neither Obsidian nor Bioware is working on any D&D title. Though both companies probably have some unannounced projects...

Thanks for the reply, my question was a little unclear; Was just thinking if anymore FR games will be releasing since now we have Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter stories already; Was hoping there is more since all these games has been proven successful.

I=)

Bioware is focusing entirely on their own sword'n sorcery IP atm, so I doubt we'll ever see more Forgotten Realms from them. Obsidian's big FR-game was.. IS, NWN2. Obsidian has announced they'll do a Wheel of Time CRPG for Red Eagle next, so you probably won't see any FR-stuff from OE in a while either. If ever.

Let's hope WoT will give us the next soulful "Kuldahar-tune" crpg-kick that we crave.. :p

J.

I=)

Yea, I think so too =(

but anyway, the crpgs they are producing are excellent~ so I guess that suffice for the moment =)

• 2 weeks later...

Ah...hadn't heard about the lawsuit. I had been kinda surprised that a 4E game hadn't been announced already (from some publisher or another) and was wondering why...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man