Capitalism is un-Christian.

lord of flies

If that is all you can say then I think we are done here.  Nice chatting to you.

My responses to these points can already be found in my prior posts. I have no desire to repeat myself.

No they are not.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Now, kiss!

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Seems like being a Quranist would be the simplest way to practice Islam.

But they are blind, because the prophet way of life reflect the Quran, following Quran without the prophet guidance is blind

And in fact, rejecting all hadith is extremism.

Buddhism is different from philosophy because it assumes several things that are unprovable, including things such as reincarnation

I have a feeling you're not overly familiar with Buddhism  :lol:

Really?  So you saying that there are not any branches of Buddhism that teaches reincarnation then?  Or that people can ascend to Buddhahood (another unprovable belief)?

On reincarnation.

(Also, isn't the Dalai Lama considered to have ascended to Buddhahood?)

They may have a different method for it to account for their beliefs but it is still unprovable.

Have you even read the thing? The buddhist idea of reincarnation is basically a fancy way of saying "your actions have consequences, yo".

Also, some people may believe the Dalai Lama has ascended to Buddhahood but then some people believe that they have been abducted by small, grey, aliens who then proceeded to anally ravage them, so who knows? 

Buddhahood isn't some super mythical status, it effectively means "you're unfazed by the vagaries of life". Buddhism, at its core, is an eminently sensible and - dare I say - scientifically self-evident way of looking at the world and life in general. It may be cloaked in allegory and mysticism, but hey, what do you expect from a millenia-old religion?

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Why can't you guys just ditch the Buddist-hoopla and join the Theosophical Society instead? It's great! It's super-fun! It's awesome!

Emb_logo.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theosophy

Theosophy (from Greek θεοσοφία theosophia, which comes from the combination of words θεός theos, God[1] + σοφία sophia, wisdom; literally "God's wisdom") refers to systems of esotericphilosophy concerning, or seeking direct knowledge of, presumed mysteries of being and nature, particularly concerning the nature of divinity. Theosophy is considered a part of the broader field of esotericism, referring to hidden knowledge or wisdom that offers the individual enlightenment and salvation.

They are even working with the U.N. through the Lucis Trust. Just like a lot of elites. Don't you guys want to join the big club? Right? right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucis_Trust

The Lucis Trust says that the name was probably chosen to honor Lucifer.

In order to place a closer focus on the work of the UN, the Lucis Trust has set up a new blog, World Goodwill at the UN, which will focus on defining new Sustainable Development Goals for humanity after 2015 when the Millennium Development Goals expire.[2]

See, Qistina? This is how you build up a narrative for a conspiracy: You let the reader get the information himself and build up their imagery around it. Just dumping video-links to RT and various news outlets by random is just lazy as the narrative is already framed without the agency of the reciever. You can thank me later.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Why can't you guys just ditch the Buddist-hoopla and join the Theosophical Society instead? It's great! It's super-fun! It's awesome!

Emb_logo.png

Theosophy (from Greek θεοσοφία theosophia, which comes from the combination of words θεός theos, God[1] + σοφία sophia, wisdom; literally "God's wisdom") refers to systems of esotericphilosophy concerning, or seeking direct knowledge of, presumed mysteries of being and nature, particularly concerning the nature of divinity. Theosophy is considered a part of the broader field of esotericism, referring to hidden knowledge or wisdom that offers the individual enlightenment and salvation.

They are even working with the U.N. through the Lucis Trust. Just like a lot of elites. Don't you guys want to join the big club? Right? right?

In order to place a closer focus on the work of the UN, the Lucis Trust has set up a new blog, World Goodwill at the UN, which will focus on defining new Sustainable Development Goals for humanity after 2015 when the Millennium Development Goals expire.[2]

They sound like an organization out of a bad '90s World of Darkness supplement  :lol:

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Emb_logo.png

They sound like an organization out of a bad '90s World of Darkness supplement  :lol:

Hey, if you wanna LARP as a Ventrue in real life, you better do it with a laugh. 

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I always found the history of Christian movements that aimed for the poverty of the Church to be rather amusing, a new schism arises and gains massive support for opposing the blatant corruption of the Church and its obvious financial nature, the rich in the secular world donate to this movement and boost its popularity for reasons of their own (usually competition.) It becomes powerful, wealthy and makes a few too many wasteful decisions that come from this new wealth they are forced to deal with. In short they become what they set out to oppose, an amusing vicious circle really.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Its always a conversation that revolves around Jesus' supposed possessions, whether cup, purse or whatever, mainly because no priest wants to shed light on anything but the New Testament when this argument arises, Jesus as an examplar works and can be argued to be the avatar of perfection and practising what one preaches. The Old Testament however, though this is arguable due to the multiple authors, places no real negative stereotypes on wealth and its owenrship, indeed some argue that it aids the accumulation of wealth with various passages and strictures, or advice that would benefit the state rather than individual worshippers. All of this is extremely arguable though, and probably still on-going in various forms.

Quoting scripture at each other is usually what these arguments boil down to, and there are enough to enforce or detract from any argument whatsoever.

Edit: The Name of the Rose in literature or filmic form is probably one of the better examples of this to the layman, though I agree that the Mission really does bring to light the essential financial and secular nature of the Church, and how it copes with capitalism in the "modern" world.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Seems like being a Quranist would be the simplest way to practice Islam.

But they are blind, because the prophet way of life reflect the Quran, following Quran without the prophet guidance is blind

A few questions come to mind.

A) Why bother bringing up the fact that stoning isn't mentioned in the Quran if you still consider hadith (which do feature stoning) valid? Unless you only accept hadith that parallel the Quran, but if that's the case; what would such hadith even contribute?

B) Why didn't the prophet himself provide for Muslims everything they need?

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.