Dragon Age Discussion

CoM_Solaufein

I think you need high approval. I had her at +100 so i don't know how high it must be.

Were you romancing her? I had her pretty high at that point but no singing. I never romanced her, but apparently did dump her according to the game.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Just finished the game.

I think total playtime was about 80 hours, with majority of the side quests done. I skipped few in the end because of the roleplaying reasons as it was suggested that I was in hurry. Probably game wouldn't have advanced even if I'd choose to do those last side quests. Then again, those quests and many other side quests were your typical MMOG fedex quests so I don't think I missed much. Definately a very long game.

I might write review later on, but lets put few things in here. Dragon Age is extremely combat heavy game. To the point where even gamer like me, who has several top level characters in various MMOGs (all inactive now), gets overdose. I think at least 50% of the combat encounters could have been cut on editing stage. Endless waves of zero challenge thrash mobs get old really fast, especially toward the end. Got bit same feeling as in KotOR 2, but thankfully Dragon Age had better ending.

From roleplaying perspective this game was great for me. Most of the choices I wanted to make were available. Even the end. I chose

to get my character killed in order to stop the archdemon - Didn't want Morrigan to have demon baby nor leave corrupt queen to rule - ultimate sacrifice (hey, to end the blight is what all Gray Wardens live and die for, but only few over the long history have done it) - Templar tank was made the king, my dwarven sister started new house because of my paragon status and her son is heir to the dwarven throne

. Based on how I played the game and choices I made, I couldn't have asked better ending.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Getting a bit long... continued here

:)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein