There is no god.

lord of flies

So, you've got first hand experience on this?

You're typing pretty good for someone who's dead.... :thumbsup:

All signs point to the brain being the center of consciousness, perception, thought, et cetera. Ergo, when the brain stops working (ie death), you cannot think or perceive.

"Points to" doesn't mean proves though.

Got anything else but a personal opinion, because I'm really hoping some sort of constructive discussions come out of all of this.

You have the most original arguments, this has most certainly not been debated to death on a million occasions, nope.
There is no "debate," there is only one side blandly attempting to defend blatant defiance of reality with "oh, well, you can't say that for sure there are no invisible, intangible super-sized penises in my pants, ergo i am 'packing heat'."

Yet you still made a thread. Do you think that you will change people's mind with your logical arguments? If that worked, we would all live in an awesome, rational world.

@Darque: You won't get any complaints from me if you close it.

Edited by Purkake

"Points to" doesn't mean proves though.

Got anything else but a personal opinion, because I'm really hoping some sort of constructive discussions come out of all of this.

That's actual how scientific proof works. When all known evidence suggests a particular fact, it is therefore assumed to be true. If we didn't use this brilliant, incredible technique, we would still be stuck in the middle-ages.

I like your optimism in the face of Nietzsche wannabes and zealots*, but what were you expecting?

*Yes, everyone is insane, only I'm a helicopter.

I like your optimism in the face of Nietzsche wannabes and zealots*, but what were you expecting?

Ah, yes, zealots. Let's use the term for a religious fanatic to describe anyone who defends the objectively correct position. Hmm, this is a wonderful idea. I see no problem with this because I am a mindless middle centrist.

Edited by lord of flies

Ah, yes, zealots. Let's use the term for a religious fanatic to describe anyone who defends the objectively correct position. Hmm, this is a wonderful idea. I see no problem with this because I am a mindless middle centrist.

So really like fighting on all fronts, don't you?