Why do this to KotOR?!

Um, yeah. Considering that neither game exists yet... I'm going to try a few others:

Mayo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mustard

Arsenal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chelsea

Stalin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hitler

And most importantly,

I >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I was argueing your point on the fact you said Bioware hasn't released any games on the 360 yet, as you said they made Mass Effect, why not KotOR III? Think about all the sequels that carried over from the Xbox to the 360 and then tell me different...it'd be like after Halo Bungie didn't decide to make further games, clearly not smart as the game made tons of money. Why buck the trend and not continue with consolers? As I said its industry, even though (as you claim) the game wrapped up nicely it sold extremely well making them a heavyweight company, it only makes sense that a sequel would be coming...that's a no brainer for anyone.

Maybe KOTOR 2 didn't sell so well? There's more to it than BioWare going "Hey, lets make KOTOR 3!" You're talking as if BioWare was the one that also made KOTOR 2, and also made a huge amount of money selling KOTOR 2. It's not like BioWare is doing poorly having not made KOTOR 3.

Here's the crux of it though: Neither Lucasarts nor BioWare are interested in making KOTOR 3 at this point. BioWare HAS, however, been interested in exploring the MMO market. But yeah, they as a company shouldn't do what they are interested in, and do what you want them to do. Which is ironic, because they made KOTOR which is a game that they were interested in making at the time.

That's why I blame Lucas, why not of given Obsidian the chance to clean everything up...it would have been done and out by now but they sat on their asses for 4 years and did nothing. Then they could've made this MMO project for PCer's who kept demanding more and more content, I'm sure in the end influencing Lucas more than a little on deciding this course.

Why should they give Obsidian a chance to clean everything up, if maybe they weren't happy with what Obsidian ultimately did. And no, you can't say that the game would have been out yet because they weren't just "sitting on their asses for 4 years [doing] nothing." Lucasarts and Obsidian (nor BioWare) don't simply exist to make KOTOR games for you. As a result of Obsidian not working on KOTOR 3, we're about to get Alpha Protocol...a game that I think looks like it will be a ton of fun.

Hey, I paid my hard earned money like everybody else and grew to love the franchise, as I said it was powerful enough to make me a dedicated SW fan...why should we consolers get shafted?

Shafted? Please. For starters, you "consolers" got both KOTOR and KOTOR 2 before it was released on the PC. History is overburdened with PC games that are now console exclusives. Heck, you talk about Halo, which was originally being designed for the Mac and PC, but then later came out on the XBOX exclusively for over a year. I don't complain about it though. It is what it is.

This is basically what your argument is coming down to? Essentially "I want to play more Star Wars games in The Old Republic time frame but since SWTOR is an MMO, and hence probably only for the PC, I can't!!!"

My bias lol?

It's plain as day. To say otherwise is simply lying to yourself.

What's wrong with competition? It keeps the business going doesn't it? Games continue to get better because they're competing with one another

I have no idea what your point here is.

...and grow up lol, tough talk coming from someone who has an Elf of Gondor or whatever in his Sig lmao.

Thank you for proving my point. Your comment is simply overflowing with maturity. Face it, this is what you are doing: You are pouting because KOTOR 3 isn't being made, and SWTOR is, and have already passed judgment on people that have expressed an interest in SWTOR and assumptions that anyone interested in SWTOR, is against KOTOR 3 (because you've done this to me already). I stand by my statement. You're simply acting childish because a company has gone in a different direction than you wanted them to do, and have now demonstrated that you'd like their product to do poorly simply out of spite. There is no way you can construe this as being in any way a mature reaction to the news.

The last part I guess your right on, in my opinion I think it wouldn't have much effect though, Lucas just plain doesn't have that many SW franchises in the bank that have been this successfull...they'd likely give it a shot and see. Who knows...Obsidian would probably do it cheap.

Why would Obsidian do it cheap? Or is this just wishful thinking?

All I want is the small voice of that percentage of the fans that everyone keeps trying to crush heard...and Bioware's doing a good job to do it but we're still here and still mightly ticked off.

Because they decided to make a different game than KOTOR 3? You're only ticked off because you're acting like a spoiled brat. But yeah, BioWare has that history of shafting the poor console gamers, hence why they've decided to go ahead with console versions of Dragon Age, and seem intent on establishing a franchise with Mass Effect.

You have nothing to be ticked off about. SWTOR isn't being made instead of KOTOR 3. If there was no SWTOR, there's no guarantee that there'd be KOTOR 3. Especially since it was canceled internally by Lucasarts several years ago.

Edited by alanschu

Um, yeah. Considering that neither game exists yet...

Well, you could argue SWTOR exists. It's just not finished :thumbsup:

I'm willing to be there's a lot more substance to SWTOR than KOTOR 3 :p

Edited by alanschu

As much as you or I can agree with that, what we do know is that Lucasarts had decided to go in house with KOTOR 3 (before its eventual cancellation). I believe this is even when people like Feargus said they'd be open to doing another one.

Here's the crux of it though: Neither Lucasarts nor BioWare are interested in making KOTOR 3 at this point. BioWare HAS, however, been interested in exploring the MMO market. But yeah, they as a company shouldn't do what they are interested in, and do what you want them to do. Which is ironic, because they made KOTOR which is a game that they were interested in making at the time

Yes but its quite obvious Obsidian is, for someone who's a member of these forums you don't seem to support the company much in its endevour to seek out a possible KotOR III...you've proven that in your arguements.

Why should they give Obsidian a chance to clean everything up, if maybe they weren't happy with what Obsidian ultimately did. And no, you can't say that the game would have been out yet because they weren't just "sitting on their asses for 4 years [doing] nothing." Lucasarts and Obsidian (nor BioWare) don't simply exist to make KOTOR games for you. As a result of Obsidian not working on KOTOR 3, we're about to get Alpha Protocol...a game that I think looks like it will be a ton of fun.

He made a good point, they we're rushed by LA...it's clearly not their fault, why not extend the olive brance that was never offered. Its laughable you continue to talk to me like this, there's a lot of fans who feel the exact (if not worse) than the way I do. "Oh no I just realized LucasArts doesn't exist soley to make games for me lol"...please, lets be serious here.

This is basically what your argument is coming down to? Essentially "I want to play more Star Wars games in The Old Republic time frame but since SWTOR is an MMO, and hence probably only for the PC, I can't!!!"

Nice to find another empty headed fan who bothers to understand akin to the TOR forums.

My bias lol?...Thank you for proving my point. Your comment is simply overflowing with maturity.

Please, get over yourself. Someone who accuses me to grow up spends his time playing LotR's games, that's as hypocritical as it gets lol

What's wrong with competition? It keeps the business going doesn't it? Games continue to get better because they're competing with one another

I have no idea what you mean here

Guess you can't read too good, bias comment was in regard to the WoW 2 vs TOR arguement.

Face it, this is what you are doing: You are pouting because KOTOR 3 isn't being made, and SWTOR is, and have already passed judgment on people that have expressed an interest in SWTOR and assumptions that anyone interested in SWTOR, is against KOTOR 3 (because you've done this to me already). I stand by my statement. You're simply acting childish because a company has gone in a different direction than you wanted them to do, and have now demonstrated that you'd like their product to do poorly simply out of spite. There is no way you can construe this as being in any way a mature reaction to the news.

Yeah, I spend my evenings by the fire crying my eyes out cause KotOR III will never be released lmao...as I said there are many people who feel the way I do (if not worse) not just here but all over the web. You really like to put words in peoples mouths don't you, I never said I hated Bioware...you simply make the assumption with your clumsey arguements, I just don't like what they've done here and am entitled to be pissed off if I want to be about it (like a lot of us are).

Wishful thinking, Feargus seemed to give off that impression...I think he just wants a shot at it.

Because they decided to make a different game than KOTOR 3? You're only ticked off because you're acting like a spoiled brat. But yeah, BioWare has that history of shafting the poor console gamers, hence why they've decided to go ahead with console versions of Dragon Age, and seem intent on establishing a franchise with Mass Effect.

You have nothing to be ticked off about. SWTOR isn't being made instead of KOTOR 3. If there was no SWTOR, there's no guarantee that there'd be KOTOR 3. Especially since it was canceled internally by Lucasarts several years ago.

And again...if I may quote one of your gems you prove your ignorance by passing assumptions and judgement on someone you don't even know. Yet once more you hear but don't listen to the obvious LucasArts-Obsidian arguement of why not?!

I think in a case like this we agree to disagree, you have a somewht valid point and so do I...we're never going to agree. So I defer to someone else instead of continuing this pointless debate with Mr. Fenthyr of Windfola lol

Edited by Anonymous

I was argueing your point on the fact you said Bioware hasn't released any games on the 360 yet, as you said they made Mass Effect, why not KotOR III? Think about all the sequels that carried over from the Xbox to the 360 and then tell me different...it'd be like after Halo Bungie didn't decide to make further games, clearly not smart as the game made tons of money. Why buck the trend and not continue with consolers? As I said its industry, even though (as you claim) the game wrapped up nicely it sold extremely well making them a heavyweight company, it only makes sense that a sequel would be coming...that's a no brainer for anyone.

Maybe KOTOR 2 didn't sell so well? There's more to it than BioWare going "Hey, lets make KOTOR 3!" You're talking as if BioWare was the one that also made KOTOR 2, and also made a huge amount of money selling KOTOR 2. It's not like BioWare is doing poorly having not made KOTOR 3.

Here's the crux of it though: Neither Lucasarts nor BioWare are interested in making KOTOR 3 at this point. BioWare HAS, however, been interested in exploring the MMO market. But yeah, they as a company shouldn't do what they are interested in, and do what you want them to do. Which is ironic, because they made KOTOR which is a game that they were interested in making at the time.

That's why I blame Lucas, why not of given Obsidian the chance to clean everything up...it would have been done and out by now but they sat on their asses for 4 years and did nothing. Then they could've made this MMO project for PCer's who kept demanding more and more content, I'm sure in the end influencing Lucas more than a little on deciding this course.

Hey, I paid my hard earned money like everybody else and grew to love the franchise, as I said it was powerful enough to make me a dedicated SW fan...why should we consolers get shafted?

Shafted? Please. For starters, you "consolers" got both KOTOR and KOTOR 2 before it was released on the PC. History is overburdened with PC games that are now console exclusives. Heck, you talk about Halo, which was originally being designed for the Mac and PC, but then later came out on the XBOX exclusively for over a year. I don't complain about it though. It is what it is.

My bias lol?

It's plain as day. To say otherwise is simply lying to yourself.

I have no idea what your point here is.

...and grow up lol, tough talk coming from someone who has an Elf of Gondor or whatever in his Sig lmao.

Thank you for proving my point. Your comment is simply overflowing with maturity. Face it, this is what you are doing: You are pouting because KOTOR 3 isn't being made, and SWTOR is, and have already passed judgment on people that have expressed an interest in SWTOR and assumptions that anyone interested in SWTOR, is against KOTOR 3 (because you've done this to me already). I stand by my statement. You're simply acting childish because a company has gone in a different direction than you wanted them to do, and have now demonstrated that you'd like their product to do poorly simply out of spite. There is no way you can construe this as being in any way a mature reaction to the news.

The last part I guess your right on, in my opinion I think it wouldn't have much effect though, Lucas just plain doesn't have that many SW franchises in the bank that have been this successfull...they'd likely give it a shot and see. Who knows...Obsidian would probably do it cheap.

All I want is the small voice of that percentage of the fans that everyone keeps trying to crush heard...and Bioware's doing a good job to do it but we're still here and still mightly ticked off.

HE'S BEING IMMATURE!!!!??!??! You just took up over 1/4 of a page bashing him! Both of you please shut it and get back on topic!!! :)

KotOR II deserve a sequel, but that doesn't mean that Lucasarts, Bioware or Obsidian have to do it. They do not owe it to anyone to make a KotOR III.

However, i absolutely loathe the very idea of TOR. But i am one of the few. Many seem to like it, just as many seem to like the Jonas Brothers, Rush Limbaugh and G.I. Joe. I call them idiots with money, and i do not blame any company for capitalising on these....beings.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Guest PoziomyPion

Reading through this topic I remembered reading in a Polish game magazine that Bioware never wanted or thought of making a sequel to KOTOR, that's why everything is so well wrapped up in terms of story. Still it doesn't make it ok to completely avoid story from Sith Lords when making The Old Republic, especially that Bioware recommended Obsidian to LucasArts.

But hey, maybe they are leaving an open space to fill in by KOTOR3. Once LucasArts eats away loads of cash from TOR, maybe they will decide to make a proper KOTOR sequel.

KotOR II deserve a sequel, but that doesn't mean that Lucasarts, Bioware or Obsidian have to do it. They do not owe it to anyone to make a KotOR III.

However, i absolutely loathe the very idea of TOR. But i am one of the few. Many seem to like it, just as many seem to like the Jonas Brothers, Rush Limbaugh and G.I. Joe. I call them idiots with money, and i do not blame any company for capitalising on these....beings.

Amen lol, its amazing these things grow into the mainstream.

And unless LucasArts gives them their blessing I don't think anyone can touch KotOR without getting the book thrown at them by George and his lawyers lol. It would never happen...Lucas will have to publish it and 'somebody' under their tutelage would have to make it. And from what I've heard there not going to let anyone near it besides Bioware or Obsidian.

Yes but its quite obvious Obsidian is, for someone who's a member of these forums you don't seem to support the company much in its endevour to seek out a possible KotOR III...you've proven that in your arguements.

I have no issues with Obsidian wanting to make KOTOR 3. The fact that I'm okay with Lucasarts going ahead with SWTOR instead of KOTOR does nothing to disprove that. I'm just not going to make a big deal out of it because Lucasarts decided to go in a different direction. Fortunately, Obsidian is a capable development studio, and as a result are about to release a game I'm very much interested in: Alpha Protocol.

He made a good point, they we're rushed by LA...it's clearly not their fault, why not extend the olive brance that was never offered. Its laughable you continue to talk to me like this, there's a lot of fans who feel the exact (if not worse) than the way I do. "Oh no I just realized LucasArts doesn't exist soley to make games for me lol"...please, lets be serious here.

Stop. As a fan of Obsidian, and someone that has been a fan of much of their development staff since the Black Isle Studio days, as well as someone that has purchased and supported every game they have ever released except for Lionheart.... it is exceptionally important to understand that the "fault" for KOTOR 2's state is split in some way (not even 50-50 necessarily) between Obsidian and Lucasarts. We can only make assumptions as to why things turned out the way that they did. Anything else is just speculation.

Nice to find another empty headed fan who bothers to understand akin to the TOR forums.

I knew you were going to say this. Here's what you've said though: You're upset and feel that BioWare/Lucasarts is betraying the consolers that made KOTOR the hit it was, by making an MMO. You've created all this talk about how the consolers are being left out, etc. But you've decided to simply insult me.

Please, get over yourself. Someone who accuses me to grow up spends his time playing LotR's games, that's as hypocritical as it gets lol

How is playing LOTRO immature, yet playing Star Wars games, is not? I fail to see the hypocrisy of me enjoying other games as well. Though you've resorted to ad hominem attacks.

Guess you can't read too good, bias comment was in regard to the WoW 2 vs TOR arguement.

I can read well actually. Unfortunately, you have been quite poor in being clear in your points. For a writer, this is unfortunate. If you were implying that you think that there will be some good competition because of WoW2 vs SWTOR, you did not do a very good job of it. You almost seemed eager that WoW would "crush" SWTOR...it's hard not to take that has being a rather spiteful comment.

Yeah, I spend my evenings by the fire crying my eyes out cause KotOR III will never be released lmao...as I said there are many people who feel the way I do (if not worse) not just here but all over the web. You really like to put words in peoples mouths don't you, I never said I hated Bioware...you simply make the assumption with your clumsey arguements, I just don't like what they've done here and am entitled to be pissed off if I want to be about it (like a lot of us are).

Strawman argument. I didn't claim that you spend your evening by the fire crying your eyes out. So before you go accusing me of putting words in people's mouths, take a look at what you write. I also never claimed that you hated BioWare, so there's no need for you to defend yourself in that regard.

Sure you're entitled to be pissed off about it, just as I'm entitled to tell you to get over it.

Wishful thinking, Feargus seemed to give off that impression...I think he just wants a shot at it.

I have no doubt that Feargus would love to give a shot at KOTOR 3. Though I suspect they'll do it for a fair cost, rather than cheaply. He's still responsible for the employees that work for him and ensuring that they continue receive the remuneration that they certainly deserve.

And again...if I may quote one of your gems you prove your ignorance by passing assumptions and judgement on someone you don't even know. Yet once more you hear but don't listen to the obvious LucasArts-Obsidian arguement of why not?!

You keep just saying "Why not?" I'll come up with a quick list of possible reasons just off the top of my head:

• They don't think it will be worth the money
  • They'd rather focus on SWTOR
  • They'd rather not work with Obsidian Entertainment

Seriously, it's not that hard to come up with reasons why they shouldn't do it. However, "why not" is not a reason they should do it. However, why should they do it?

I think in a case like this we agree to disagree, you have a somewht valid point and so do I...we're never going to agree. So I defer to someone else instead of continuing this pointless debate with Mr. Fenthyr of Windfola lol

Clearly the most mature person I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Tell you what, since you find it so distracting, I'll remove it (since I'm not playing it anymore anyways. I'm sure you noticed since you were so fixated on it that I hadn't leveled up in quite some time).

Now that it's gone, surely you won't be so fixated on it anymore.

Edited by alanschu

Seems like we have reached to rock throwing and tongue wagging phase... maybe it is time for a break?

It is possible (I've seen it with my own eyes once) to disagree without getting personal. Disagreeing good, makes for creativity, getting personal bad, kills creativity :verymad:

:thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein