Saint or Jerk

Walsingham

Saint or Jerk  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the man's terrorism was because he was religious or because he was a t**t

• religion
    • being a t***
    • Special option for Sand, indicating a rant about religion

I consider keeping the mods from developing megalomania a public service, it's nothing personal.

Isn't the government usually in control of public services? :down:

I'm a freelancing public servant.

... and the guy with the thing the thread is about is a moron, I don't know what made him so.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

So what? Good Lord, who cares about the word? All sorts of words are in that list! I mean, if it's trivial and so it shouldn't be in the list, then it's trivial and we shouldn't care. haha Maybe I'm just tired, but I can't figure out for the life of me what any of this has to do with some jerkoff drugie with a bunch of explosives. This is what happens when you make a poll out of a rhetorical question. And, for the record, I've always thought that **** was as vulgar as **** or ****. Why is it that bastard and bitch are okay but **** is a nono?

Come to think of it, if we don't blame Gorth for actually acting like a moderator, that's probably a better topic anyhow. I mean, truly bad words have to come from some sort of taboo, be it reverence or religion or bodily functions or some such. We can say turd but not ****. Since we have to be able to discuss the issue, feces is okay. We can tell someone on the board, "You're a mother copulating piece of feces!" ...And turd was a perfectly legitimate word that probably comes through old English and folks look down on the use but it's lost it's taboo. Now it's just kind of comical. I don't like using the word, "pee." My wife thinks that's funny. I explained that I don't find it offensive so much as it just always smacks me as a childish word. Why? It's not like it's a bad word or that it's child speak. In fact, most people probably use it, but I always say "urinate." My wife and I have actually argued about it, not because she thinks it's funny, but because she comments on it all the time because she thinks it's funny. So, one time she starts to giggle and says "pee! pee! pee!" I'm irritated, so I say, "I'd rather you said you had to take a whiz, a leak, or a piss or even go behind a tree and empty your bladder!" On second thought, is "piss" in the filter, because I know it used to be taboo. Why does pee get the nod while piss gets the shaft? Hell, pee is one letter shorter than piss.

I remember on the old Interplay boards Josan changed the filter so wtf? was replaced by 'love thy neighbor!' That was kind of funny, I have to admit.

So what? Good Lord, who cares about the word? All sorts of words are in that list! I mean, if it's trivial and so it shouldn't be in the list, then it's trivial and we shouldn't care. haha Maybe I'm just tired, but I can't figure out for the life of me what any of this has to do with some jerkoff drugie with a bunch of explosives. This is what happens when you make a poll out of a rhetorical question. And, for the record, I've always thought that **** was as vulgar as **** or ****. Why is it that bastard and bitch are okay but **** is a nono?

Come to think of it, if we don't blame Gorth for actually acting like a moderator, that's probably a better topic anyhow. I mean, truly bad words have to come from some sort of taboo, be it reverence or religion or bodily functions or some such. We can say turd but not ****. Since we have to be able to discuss the issue, feces is okay. We can tell someone on the board, "You're a mother copulating piece of feces!" ...And turd was a perfectly legitimate word that probably comes through old English and folks look down on the use but it's lost it's taboo. Now it's just kind of comical. I don't like using the word, "pee." My wife thinks that's funny. I explained that I don't find it offensive so much as it just always smacks me as a childish word. Why? It's not like it's a bad word or that it's child speak. In fact, most people probably use it, but I always say "urinate." My wife and I have actually argued about it, not because she thinks it's funny, but because she comments on it all the time because she thinks it's funny. So, one time she starts to giggle and says "pee! pee! pee!" I'm irritated, so I say, "I'd rather you said you had to take a whiz, a leak, or a piss or even go behind a tree and empty your bladder!" On second thought, is "piss" in the filter, because I know it used to be taboo. Why does pee get the nod while piss gets the shaft? Hell, pee is one letter shorter than piss.

I remember on the old Interplay boards Josan changed the filter so wtf? was replaced by 'love thy neighbor!' That was kind of funny, I have to admit.

tl;dr thanks for the essay

I prefer the term piss, since I like the sound of it and not as many people get worked up over it as they used to. Anyway, I'm going to turn this way off topic (even though it's the name of the section :o ) I think he was just a jackass.

deicideLogo5.jpg

I think that this thread has, if it ever was, fallen out of the sandbox. Thanks for the nuances and opinions - we'll just retire this now ...

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: