Daggerfall is now free

H

:punches Kirottu in the 'nads really, really hard:

That punch was free of charge.

Now don't complain. :-

I never complain when you and my 'nads connect. You know this.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I have been playing Daggerfall and Arena a bit since I saw the announcement today that Daggerfall was now released for free.

I spent more time setting up Dosbox than actual playing the game.

I have no doubt that it is a very wonderfull game :lol: and the story is probably very good :)

However, I find I have little patience left (or none...) for games that tend to freeze a lot, and whouse combat system, I find flawed and clunky.

Unlike Morrowind and Oblivion, you actually swing your mouse to swing your weapons while holding down the right mouse button.

This game, in its current state is not for me; Arena as well is not for me.

Sad as this may be...

On a more general note, I found Morrowind and Oblivion better design-wise, in terms of ease of use interface...

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

This is very cool, especially since I've never played it. I'll have to check it out. Dunno if I have the patience to play the whole thing, but I definitely want to play. Most definitely.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Daggerfall was a fantastic game for its time, but it isn't that much different than Morrowind or Oblivion, and so I don't see why I would want to go back.

Are you joking??

Nope. I played the heck out of every game in the series, and the core game play is the same. Granted Oblivion requires a few mods to straighten it out, but what exactly do you think is so hugely different? Sure, Daggerfall was much bigger, but it was also randomized, which I'm not a big fan of.