Mirror's Edge

Humodour

Battlefield: Bad Company is the DiCE/EA series of games you should really play. Unfortunantly, they didnt think an FPS would sell that well on the PC so its console exclusive :*

They called Chris Healy of Criterion - Black fame in to do the weapons... They're awesome, even if the games script and characters are a bunch of flaming ****muppets.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

They were supposed to be muppets, that was the fun of it! And I thought they were very suitably muppety in a good way. Anyone who owns a 360 or a PS3 and havent played BF:BC should pick it up. It's a solid game.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

From having played BF:BC, you should just rent it. Single player is short and isn't really worth playing through again and the multiplayer has what? One game mode?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The anime-style cutscenes were atrocious, it's like someone threw them together during a lunch break.

Hehe, wow, nowadays anything that's drawn and isn't liked is labeled anime?

I'm no expert, but it looked like anime to me. I use anime as a way to describe it, the fact that they sucked had more to do with the lack of story or relevance to them. I don't have anything against anime.

The game could have used less cutscenes and more levels...

EDIT: Also, the drawn-Faith looked weird and not much like the in-game Faith.

Edited by Purkake

Being somewhat(totally) unfamiliar with anime, does it matter? I wasn't using it as a derogatory term, I prefer to use japanimation as a derogatory term, because it sounds funny.

The bottom line is that it was unnecessary and out of place with the rest of the game.

EDIT: Too late, I already minded. I can see your point, though.

Edited by Purkake

To be fair they aren't the usual X/Y/A/B quick time events. You just have to press the disarm key at the right time to disarm people and you can even slow down time to do it.

It's much more fun to slide into people and get their guns though...

I'm thinking more about that "boss cutscene" with the ex-wrestler business guy conspiracy or whatever where he's trying to throw you off the building. I don't think they even tell you when to press the button. I had to redo that one about 800 times.

To be fair they aren't the usual X/Y/A/B quick time events. You just have to press the disarm key at the right time to disarm people and you can even slow down time to do it.

I'm thinking more about that "boss cutscene" with the ex-wrestler business guy conspiracy or whatever where he's trying to throw you off the building. I don't think they even tell you when to press the button. I had to redo that one about 800 times.

Yeah, that sucked, but it was just that one time, right?

Weapons (even the pipe Ropeburn was using) all flash red when you are able to disarm them. It's part off the runner vision thing that is turned off on hard mode.

I really like this game and have played it through maybe a dozen times since I picked it up a few months back. It's short enough that a full run can be completed in one sitting. I've only got time trials completed for the first three levels of the game. It is a very linear game, but the number of things you can do to shave those extra seconds off a run is actually pretty impressive. The first few times through a level can be a little confusing, but once you've got the route in mind, finally nailing that perfect run is quite possibly the most fun I've had with a game in the past year.

EDIT: Krezack, when you start playing some time trials, gimme your name and we'll see who can outrun the other. :)

Also, I appear to be the only person every to actually like the cutscenes. :(

Edited by Deraldin

Weapons (even the pipe Ropeburn was using) all flash red when you are able to disarm them. It's part off the runner vision thing that is turned off on hard mode.

I really like this game and have played it through maybe a dozen times since I picked it up a few months back. It's short enough that a full run can be completed in one sitting. I've only got time trials completed for the first three levels of the game. It is a very linear game, but the number of things you can do to shave those extra seconds off a run is actually pretty impressive. The first few times through a level can be a little confusing, but once you've got the route in mind, finally nailing that perfect run is quite possibly the most fun I've had with a game in the past year.

EDIT: Krezack, when you start playing some time trials, gimme your name and we'll see who can outrun the other. :)

Also, I appear to be the only person every to actually like the cutscenes. :(

Would the game have been any worse without the lame and cliche plot? The parkour stuff was enjoyable until all the annoying snipers and whatnot popped in.

I loathe the snipers too, but the ninja police were fun, and the parkour boss "battles". I'm not sure if the plot was cliche or not, since no one else ever dared to come up with something so stupid.

I loathe the snipers too, but the ninja police were fun, and the parkour boss "battles". I'm not sure if the plot was cliche or not, since no one else ever dared to come up with something so stupid.

The ninja police was fun to fight with but the damn parkour boss was undisarmable(yes), which sucked. I don't think you can knock him off buildings either.

Edited by Purkake

Would the game have been any worse without the lame and cliche plot? The parkour stuff was enjoyable until all the annoying snipers and whatnot popped in.

From my perspective, the game wouldn't have been as much fun without the story, "lame and cliche" as it may have been, but then I actually like the existing story. The snipers were never an issue because the areas that they appeared in, they were the only enemies around and their firing rate was slow enough that you were back to full health by the time they fired again if the even managed to hit you the first time.

There are four places that I can recall having trouble with because of enemies shooting at you and of those two were quite easy if you didn't mind fighting back.

1: Coming out of the storm drains with the four shotgun cops are nearby. Just running can be a little tricky, but doable.

2: The first helicopter drop of PK's. There are three PK's and two drains that you need to climb along the far wall. I have yet to beat that one without disarm/shooting.

3: At the orange warehouse. If you've played the level you know the section I mean. Catwalk with 4 PK guards, only one at your end. Yet to beat that without fighting, haven't tried though.

4: The very end right before the final confrontation. Again, if you've played the game you know which room I mean. Possible without fighting, very hard though.

And yes, that parkour boss was freakin' annoying. I didn't mind the inability to disarm. Once you get close enough the boss doesn't shoot anymore anyway. I was more annoyed by the damn counters if you punched more than twice in a row. I don't recall there being any buildings around when you fight the parkour boss anyway so that's hardly a problem is it?

The ninja cops were awesome. Drop kicking them just as they jump across gaps and having them fall 20 stories down was awesome. Just hearing them behind you was pretty nerve wracking at times though.

Edited by Deraldin

I assume the animation is Western because Asians rarely thing of themselves as having strangely squinty eyes.

it's western eastern (if you get that)

I liked mirrors edge but it should have been much longer....

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.