Diablo 3

Humodour

You'd hope that they'd have a slightly different approach to the storyline this time, now that it's the third installment. I liked how LoD changed things a bit with the whole 'barbarian invasion' stuff, even if in the end it was just a regicide mission like all other.

I've heard that Tyreal theory before, but I don't think it's correct (though certainly the plot will be less Diablo-centric).

Considering we already know one of the combat areas (acts?) is Heaven, I imagine that part of our job will be fighting Heaven's minions, perhaps corrupted, but perhaps not. Heaven = order, Hell = chaos. Good and evil factor into it less than you think. Sort of like Vorlons and Shadows.

Apparently half the angels wanted to destroy humans (and Sanctuary) and half wanted to let them live and see what they became. The vote was 2 - 3 in favour of letting humans live, with Tyreal casting one of the 'live' votes, but the head of the angels casting a 'die' vote.

So with that in mind it's not hard to imagine a civil war in heaven resulting in the good angels losing power.

You'd hope that they'd have a slightly different approach to the storyline this time, now that it's the third installment. I liked how LoD changed things a bit with the whole 'barbarian invasion' stuff, even if in the end it was just a regicide mission like all other.

Yeah, but the series is called Diablo. They will likely involve him in some way, and since he 'died,' it's likely he's there as a corrupting influence.

Heaven = order, Hell = chaos. Good and evil factor into it less than you think. Sort of like Vorlons and Shadows.

That's kinda hard to buy when we've faced thousands of demons, every last one of which was bloodthirsty and evil. And the leaders of hell are called the Prime Evils, with the Lesser Evils and Great Evils under them. Babylon 5 had the same problem; while the Vorlons weren't as good as they seemed, the Shadows were every bit as bad as they seemed.

When we meet Gramnob, Demon of Liberty, and he doesn't immedately try to eat our face, then I'll believe Hell != Evil.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Heaven = order, Hell = chaos. Good and evil factor into it less than you think. Sort of like Vorlons and Shadows.

That's kinda hard to buy when we've faced thousands of demons, every last one of which was bloodthirsty and evil. And the leaders of hell are called the Prime Evils, with the Lesser Evils and Great Evils under them. Babylon 5 had the same problem; while the Vorlons weren't as good as they seemed, the Shadows were every bit as bad as they seemed.

When we meet Gramnob, Demon of Liberty, and he doesn't immedately try to eat our face, then I'll believe Hell != Evil.

We've already met a few such demons in Diablo 1 and 2.

Anyway, I'm just reporting scraps of info Blizzard has released.

I thought I saw some where in this thread about no sorceress but they have male wizard or some such. No. I want that hot sorceress to play as a character.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Can you refresh my memory?

I thought I saw some where in this thread about no sorceress but they have male wizard or some such. No. I want that hot sorceress to play as a character.

All of the character classes can be male or female. So far they have barbarian, the sorcerer, and the witch doctor.

You can play your hot, female sorcerer.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Gharbad the Weak.

Not to mention that the direction Blizzard takes Dioablo 3 does not need to be in complete agreement with Diablo 2. Not many (any?) sequels are. Diablo 2 certainly changed a lot of Diablo 1 canon and backstory.

I never did say that demons aren't evil, though. Nor has Blizzard. The point I was trying to get across was that many angels prize order above all else (including good), which provides room for shades of grey in how Blizzard portrays them and weaves the plot. The information released so far is simply that some angels wanted to destroy Sanctuary because they felt humans were ripe for corruption and chaos.

Another aspect of the plot will probably be the notion that since humans are the offspring of demons and angels, they have immense magical powers unavailable to normal angels and demons, and since the world stone has been destroyed, these powers will no longer be dampened (under the World Stone, successive generations of humans lost more and more of their abilities). In fact the world stone's magical dampening net may have been what was preventing the above angels from destroying Sanctuary in the first place.

So even without painting the angels as capable of evil, Blizzard could still fairly easily bring the player into conflict with heaven.

Gharbad the Weak.

Okay, now a serious example of what I mentioned.

To repeat: "When we meet Gramnob, Demon of Liberty, and he doesn't immedately try to eat our face, then I'll believe Hell != Evil."

Not to mention that the direction Blizzard takes Dioablo 3 does not need to be in complete agreement with Diablo 2.

This is correct. But I can only go on what they give us, and so far they've only given us evil demons.

Edited by Maria Caliban

Diablo 3 looks awesome and I look forward to its release, but that will probably take a while...

I just hope the new battle.net account thingie does not change into another steam :S

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Who do you think we'll fight in Diablo III?

I think it will be Tyrael. Didn't he have Baal's soulstone in him for awhile? And isn't he on the front and center of the box art?

It is certainly possible and has been speculated by many discussing the game. Tyrael was very cool and I would certainly like to see him get some extra game-footage whether as a corrupted Angel or as a paragon of virtue.