Nobody cares about AP...

Another Sega title that had a lot of internets buzz (more than AP, really) tanked. But bear in mind that the Wii has a reputation for being unfriendly to Mature-rated games. Madworld was the type of game I would play had I any interest in the Wii, and I think that says more about the causation of low sales than whatever that firm says.

Madworld was quite well-received by critics. I'm guessing you are correct in that the console was at fault more than the game.

That said, I think early sales might be deceptive due to the number of people who are interested yet don't currently have a Wii. There are certainly worse things for the developer's prospects than having done one of the most acclaimed games that people didn't play. People are rabid about Brutal Legend, which, from the footage I've seen, won't be anything to write home about.

I'm not sure what if anything that means for AP, though. Obviously AP is targeted towards the platforms that would appreciate an espionage RPG cover shooter. People say that excess hype can kill a game, though I question whether that is financially true. The vocal people who complain about how disappointing a major title was either bought it anyway or pirated (in which case, did you really trust them to buy even if they liked it?).

Another Sega title that had a lot of internets buzz (more than AP, really) tanked. But bear in mind that the Wii has a reputation for being unfriendly to Mature-rated games. Madworld was the type of game I would play had I any interest in the Wii, and I think that says more about the causation of low sales than whatever that firm says.

I'd say the Wii is very unfriendly to every game that doesn't come from Nintendo or Capcom. Seriously, third-party developers can totally forget about the Wii.