Recommend me some DS games!

Morgoth

Whatever turns you on mr. Poland we're not here to judge you.

Well I actually enjoyed Breath of Fire 3, but the art style is killing me.

There is one rpg on DS I'd like to see on PSP(I have only SONY's handheld) , its called DARK SPIRE.

http://www.atlus.com/darkspire/

Check the screenshot gallery, good western dungeon crawler with nice graphics.

That looks awfully like Etrian Odyssey 1/2, look them up if you haven't.

Also, what's wrong with just having it on the DS?

Edited by Purkake

Considering that Etrian Odyssey contains child dominatrixes with large boobs I'd imagine it would offend mr. Polands delicate sensibilities. :-

@PoziomyPion

This is just an opinion, but I find graphics and artstyle to be the silliest reason to pass up a good game. EO, as I mention above, contains some of the most perverted crap that Japan sells commercially here in the west,* but it is also a very western (bar the JRPG combat system) dungeon crawl that uses gameplay methods and effects that we very rarely get to see anywhere in gaming nowaday. As such, it really is too good to pass up because of visuals and Japan being completely crazy. Again, just my opinion.

*Only topped by titilating bunnygirls and similar insanity.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Yeah, really looking forward to that one. Hopefully they won't try to shoehorn traditional JRPG conventions into it just for the sake of it.

That's what I'm afraid of as well. Changing spells to super weapons, mana to energy and giant swords to giant lasers would be just sad.

Guest PoziomyPion
Considering that Etrian Odyssey contains child dominatrixes with large boobs I'd imagine it would offend mr. Polands delicate sensibilities. :ermm:

@PoziomyPion

This is just an opinion, but I find graphics and artstyle to be the silliest reason to pass up a good game. EO, as I mention above, contains some of the most perverted crap that Japan sells commercially here in the west,* but it is also a very western (bar the JRPG combat system) dungeon crawl that uses gameplay methods and effects that we very rarely get to see anywhere in gaming nowaday. As such, it really is too good to pass up because of visuals and Japan being completely crazy. Again, just my opinion.

Hmmm , I must admit you're right, been thinking on picking up StarOcean Second Evolution, but decided not to 'cause of the art style. But now that you made me remember good old times when I used to play Breath of Fire 3 I slowly change my mind.

Oh, and I'm not offended by child dominatrixes with large boobs ,it just makes me laugh a bit ;P.

PS. My mother overheard a real life child dominatrixes chatting near a bus stop.It went something like that(kids were about 10 years old):

Kid1: Where's Viola, isn't she coming with us?

Kid2: (says in a bored voice) No, she stayed at home, she's massaging her c**t.

It made me laugh and cry at the same time.

Considering that Etrian Odyssey contains child dominatrixes with large boobs I'd imagine it would offend mr. Polands delicate sensibilities. :ermm:

@PoziomyPion

Hmmm , I must admit you're right, been thinking on picking up StarOcean Second Evolution, but decided not to 'cause of the art style. But now that you made me remember good old times when I used to play Breath of Fire 3 I slowly change my mind.

Oh, and I'm not offended by child dominatrixes with large boobs ,it just makes me laugh a bit ;P.

PS. My mother overheard a real life child dominatrixes chatting near a bus stop.It went something like that(kids were about 10 years old):

Yay Poland?

Also WTF?

Guest PoziomyPion
Considering that Etrian Odyssey contains child dominatrixes with large boobs I'd imagine it would offend mr. Polands delicate sensibilities. :)

@PoziomyPion

Yay Poland?

Also WTF?

What I wanted to say by that,is that someone who fires up a jRPG for a first time, will see those children-like characters in bondage gear and probably freak out a bit. I did. Thats why I wrote down this situation with children on a bus stop.

Well anyway I got all the attention I wanted so lets enjoy jRPGs!

Edited by PoziomyPion

Here's the epic question for all RPG lovers: When I have to choose between Final Fantasy IV and Chrono Trigger, and only can pick one, which one shall it be, and why?

Chrono Trigger of course! FFIV has a half-way entertaining story, but Chrono Trigger has a grand story including time travel, multiple endings(11+) and some great characters. Also no "kiddie" 3d graphics and it has some of the best music on the SNES.

It's just that CT looks so horribly outdated...but well, that should be the least worry for a DS game I guess. Is combat well done in CT?

I'm currently playing Zelda, and despite it's childish nature, I'm kinda enjoying it so far.

The combat is pretty good and there are a lot of interesting combos with different party members.

Also, Zelda is quite a touch screen destroyer, second only to Ninja Gaiden.

Regarding FF series.

I would actually recommend FF6 for Gameboy advanced which you can also play on your DS. Its the best FF in my opinion even with random battles (which I hate).

There are a lot of enjoyable characters. The story is your typical evil empire wants to dominate the world using old forbidden magic, but the main villain is just so comically evil that you don't mind so much. The main cast is large but somehow the game makes you care about them in all their 2d sprite glory. You don't have an androgynous (sp?) annoying emo 16 year old boy as your main protagonist, but instead the game throws at you a young king fighting for his kingdom, his self-exiled martial arts master brother, a samurai-knight whose entire kingdom was murdered, a mysterious assassin, a girl used by the evil empire for her magical abilities, a betrayed female knight and a rebellious rogue she falls in love with...and more. And they all share the main spotlight and have their moments.

Its the only FF that I can still play through completion today just because I enjoy the characters so much.

Regarding FF series.

I would actually recommend FF6 for Gameboy advanced which you can also play on your DS. Its the best FF in my opinion even with random battles (which I hate).

There are a lot of enjoyable characters. The story is your typical evil empire wants to dominate the world using old forbidden magic, but the main villain is just so comically evil that you don't mind so much. The main cast is large but somehow the game makes you care about them in all their 2d sprite glory. You don't have an androgynous (sp?) annoying emo 16 year old boy as your main protagonist, but instead the game throws at you a young king fighting for his kingdom, his self-exiled martial arts master brother, a samurai-knight whose entire kingdom was murdered, a mysterious assassin, a girl used by the evil empire for her magical abilities, a betrayed female knight and a rebellious rogue she falls in love with...and more. And they all share the main spotlight and have their moments.

Its the only FF that I can still play through completion today just because I enjoy the characters so much.

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into this.

Plus the music is awesome. I find that I can still hum the themes of various characters.

I like FF6 so much that I bought the PS1 re-release version which also comes with new CGI cut-scenes and stuff. I found this version inferior to the GBA version due to load times though.

I remember when I finally beat the game. It was around 4am and the ending started to roll across the screen(its a pretty long ending) and I sat there with a huge satisfied grin on my face for about an hour. Definitely one the best gaming experiences I've had.

FF6 is likely my favorite FF, and I think I'd probably recommend it over CT.

Let's hope that they will remake it ala FF III/IV.

Speaking of old SNES games I loved Lufia II and Tales of Phantasia... I think that both of them are also on the GBA.