Red Orchestra

Red Orchestra is on sale this weekend over Steam for $5 and I was just wondering if anyone had played it. Is it worth that price? Are the AI Bots good -I'll be playing both off-line and on-line and would not buy it if it was multi-player-only-? Thanks. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

AI is target practice. It's really a multiplayer-only game. That being said, it's pretty nice in terms of providing realistic gunplay in the Eastern Front. Fixing bayonets and manually reloading bolt action rifles is pretty neat. Anyone expecting some sort of competent singleplayer will be disappointed.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Thanks for the feedback. I decided to go ahead a buy a copy seeing as it was only $5 and looked like an interesting game from a small, independent studio. Once it downloads -at the moment it is at 12%- I'll try it out. Also, I got two guest passes with my purchase so if anyone is interested in a ten-day trail post here. :ermm:

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

It's a PvP game, the bots are, as Llyranor says, target practice, being stupid at best.

Don't expect a Day of Defeat either, when you start playing you're basically going to be cannon fodder. It's actually the most 'realistic' videogame interpretation of real firefights that i've ever experienced.

The tanks are awsome, but really require you to be playing with a buddy to get the most out of them, given their multistation nature.

Hadescopy.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. I decided to go ahead a buy a copy seeing as it was only $5 and looked like an interesting game from a small, independent studio. Once it downloads -at the moment it is at 12%- I'll try it out. Also, I got two guest passes with my purchase so if anyone is interested in a ten-day trail post here. :)

I would be interested in a ten day trail.. I've thought about buying it since it came on sale on Steam, but I want to see how the other players are online.

Fortune favors the bald.

Thanks for the feedback. I decided to go ahead a buy a copy seeing as it was only $5 and looked like an interesting game from a small, independent studio. Once it downloads -at the moment it is at 12%- I'll try it out. Also, I got two guest passes with my purchase so if anyone is interested in a ten-day trail post here. :lol:

I would be interested in a ten day trail.. I've thought about buying it since it came on sale on Steam, but I want to see how the other players are online.

Ok, PM me your e-mail and I'll send one your way. >_<

-Hurlshot

Jeez this game is tough! I didn't survive more than 2-3 minutes at a time in the battles I've tried.. I even got killed by a richochet bullet!

Phew.. I think you need some masochistic tendencies to get good at this.

Fortune favors the bald.

Can we get a squad going? I'd play if we could.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Surviving in this game is pretty rewarding. When I play this, I tend to try to just stay alive, rather than trying to get as many kills as possible. Some games, I don't even get a single kill, yet they're still pretty satisfying sessions. Getting kills AND staying alive is a nice bonus.

Hadescopy.jpg

After figuring out that in war you die unless you hide - my deathrate dropped significantly.. You have to shake off the ol' FPS tendencies for this game.. there's no crosshair, no autoreloading, basically you have to do stuff yourself and that's pretty cool once you get used to it.

And riding as a tank commander, poking my head out every once in a while to scope the battlefield, was good fun - even if I couldn't hit a thing.

Fortune favors the bald.

Can we get a squad going? I'd play if we could.

I would think so. Do you have the game? If not, do you want the other guest pass?

That's dashed decent of you, but I can afford the five bucks. It seems harsh not to pay when I can.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.