Bioshock 2 in next PC Gamer

funcroc

Bioshock was a solid shooter, and I'd enjoy playing an improved sequel, if only to see some more of Rapture. It's a lovely place, in its own twisted way.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

The horribly repetitive gameplay wasn't worth it for the half System Shock 2 ripoff, half sucky story. Sure the art style and music were nice, but not enough to keep me playing. And if I ever see another game of pipe dream, I'm going to lose it.

This seems to be that with amped up powers and an even worse story.

Edited by Purkake

• 1 month later...

Arkane Studios will be involved in making levels for Bioshock 2. Click

"Step back into the unforgettable world of Rapture in BioShock 2, the next instalment in the franchise that has won more than 50 Game of the Year awards.

BioShock 2 provides players with the perfect blend of explosive first person shooter combat, compelling storytelling and intense multiplayer to form one of 2009

Don't believe the "choice" hype, don't believe the gameplay is revolutionary, and you can have a lot of fun with Bioshock. Especially with the story.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Arkane Studios will be involved in making levels for Bioshock 2. Click

"Step back into the unforgettable world of Rapture in BioShock 2, the next instalment in the franchise that has won more than 50 Game of the Year awards.

BioShock 2 provides players with the perfect blend of explosive first person shooter combat, compelling storytelling and intense multiplayer to form one of 2009

Edited by Redfield

Travesty?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Yeah, what travesty?

Arkane only made two games, but I enjoyed both tremendously, so seeing that they're now involved in making BS2 excites me very much.

Hey, to each his own :banghead:

I found Dark Messiah to be extremely disappointing, and I had been anticipating it before its release. The combat was much more repetetive than I had expected, and the story was cookie cutter and bland. The previews leading up to release made it sound much more 'rpg' than it actually ended up being--just a first-person hack n' slasher.

I've never played Arx Fatalis, so Dark Messiah is the only game I have to judge Arkane Studios by. I wasn't impressed :lol:

Edited by Redfield

I agree the story was crap, but the game's narrative was never meant to come through a classic way, nor did I expect an RPG. It was exactly what I expected and what I was looking for - a First-person brawler with (some) emergent gameplay, some mix of Arx Fatalis and Thief. I was not disappointed.

Seeing how emergent gameplay is so apparent in Bioshock2, and seeing that Arkane are masters in it, I'm now very much looking forward to the game.

Arx is old and ugly by now, but still recommendable.

I found it difficult to believe that BioShock won 50 Best Game awards until I remembered that everyone gives Best Game awards and usually in 12 different catagories.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

• 1 month later...

what does Bioshock have to do with multiplayer?

It doesn't even make sense; its the epitome of the story-driven single player game.

But hey, if you find the spawn point you can put on the Big Daddy suit and BECOME the Big Daddy! Woohoo!

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Levine isn't even involved anymore, right? The IP has just been handed off to someone else?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

bioshock w/multiplayer = stupid waste of stupids

i think this game looks like garbage.

the best way to play bioshock was limiting yourself to not using any direct attacks. when all your kills must be environmental or turning the enemies on eachother the game becomes a very intense action/puzzle game.

big daddies are a total nightmare until you get the crossbow with the electric traps.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.