How is Fable 2?

Morgoth

Halo 3 is a load of fun in co-op, but if you play the game on Heroic and/or then Legendary, the game becomes very strategic, surprisingly. Very very fun shooter, that doesn't bring anything new to the table but is pretty much perfected and polished to an insane level. The game is literally without bugs or glitches.

The campaign was great fun 4p, and these some pretty neat moments where everything around was completely chaotic, especially when vehicles were involved. And while some levels were very very good, there were a few who still showed some pretty mediocre level design. It's like Bungie kept the Library as a tradition.

Anyhow, as much as I love H3, wouldn't recommend it singleplayer to anyone. Then again, I wouldn't recommend ANY singleplayer FPS,

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Well, the game also makes these nods to the original Halo that made me go nuts with nostalgia.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

pretty much perfected and polished to an insane level. The game is literally without bugs or glitches

Yeea.. except tiny insignificant things like how they couldnt get it to render at 1280x720(xbox360 standard resolution), so they had to lower the resolution thus making it look like a grainy migraine-inducing smudge? :(

Sometimes your ignorance frustrates me.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

On fable 2.

I didn't like it, the player is a blank slate of the worst form, you don't speak, you don't really have choice in how things happen (except for once or twice in the story where you either picked your direction by action or a simple thumbs up or thumbs down). I can understand the "no speaking" rule on one level, your trying to make the character belong to the player, the problem is that your also making the emotions you show seem useless. Also people somehow know when you accidentally killed that one civilian out in the middle of nowhere and will often start calling you a murderer and then accept a proposal of marriage within the span of a few seconds (which to me really broke the experience). I was also bugged when they said your actions manipulate the world, except that in the main storyline you can't really change things except the very beginning where they decided to show off the concept to show it worked.

Social interaction is handled in that you can perform actions (unlocked through feats of strength and alignment/purity levels). You can fart, fist pump, flirt, kiss, dance and so on and so forth and anyone watching will react. Except it gets very stale when you do the same three actions over and over again to get one person to like you (so that you can explore things like marriage) and all of a sudden the entire town is trying to bed you. Also your alignment and purity level will automatically raise you in the eyes of the populace (if you're a saint, you don't really have to do anything to marry somebody EVERYONE loves you). I didn't play with the social interaction much (my first "husband" (I was a female character) left me because I didn't visit him enough) and overall it felt like you were having to work too much to have fun.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

pretty much perfected and polished to an insane level. The game is literally without bugs or glitches

Yeea.. except tiny insignificant things like how they couldnt get it to render at 1280x720(xbox360 standard resolution), so they had to lower the resolution thus making it look like a grainy migraine-inducing smudge? :teehee:

I believe Kaftan's comment was 100% accurate. Nothing surprising here, it was a simple tradeoff, a price the devs probably had to pay to maintain a consistent 30fps. Several console games are rendered at a lower resolution and then upscaled to 720p/1080p.

2008_fundraiser_banner_button-en.png

Yeea.. except tiny insignificant things like how they couldnt get it to render at 1280x720(xbox360 standard resolution), so they had to lower the resolution thus making it look like a grainy migraine-inducing smudge? :lol:

I believe Kaftan's comment was 100% accurate. Nothing surprising here, it was a simple tradeoff, a price the devs probably had to pay to maintain a consistent 30fps. Several console games are rendered at a lower resolution and then upscaled to 720p/1080p.

Not what I was infact getting at... Actually I'm more interested in why... Stating the obvious is what frustrates me.

Also, there is no standard resolution to my knowledge, only what the image is to be displayed at, and thus it's up or down scaled as required.

Kaften has made the mistake of complaining about something that he knows nothing about, if his point is to say "High Spec PC's are better than Consoles", then indeed they are, they always have been.

Actually I'd wager the reason is more to do with memory than actual hardware restrictions, but meh... I'm offering a reason, and that reason is DEFINATELY why GTA 4 has the fedelity of a **** stained piece of paper.

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Pfft, graphic whores.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Now that's interesting, Tale, how did you feel it was different?

Everything I've heard pointed to "Fable but better", but I'd be glad to hear it's not.

It's not a constant barrage of one lame joke repeated ad nauseaum, hero. That's the number one improvement. They toned that down a little.

The entire backdrop of Fable was so moronic that it caused my brain to ache. Thankfully, this game has, in its backstory, that all that crap was burned to the ground by people who realized how useless the people in the first game were. And that the hero of the first game, in a fit pf not putting up with that anymore either, went nuts and killed the old guildmaster carving "YOUR HEALTH IS LOW" into his forehead.

Then became an immortal bisexual playboy who sacrifices innocent people to maintain that immortality

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Woah.

Might be worth the bargain bin then, possibly. It's on my list along with mass effect for when I get terminally bored.