NHL

Gorth

It's the same story as the first two games. Washington dominating New York. Only difference this time is, so far, Lunqvist isn't being a theif. This is what happens when you allow a team dominate you.. they'll eventually break through. Hate to say it, but my surprise prediction will probably end up right. Outside of Lundqvist, the Rangers are no match for the caps. They need their own Ovechkin... they need Jagr. MORONS.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It's the same story as the first two games. Washington dominating New York. Only difference this time is, so far, Lunqvist isn't being a theif. This is what happens when you allow a team dominate you.. they'll eventually break through. Hate to say it, but my surprise prediction will probably end up right. Outside of Lundqvist, the Rangers are no match for the caps. They need their own Ovechkin... they need Jagr. MORONS.

Lunqvist seems to back on his game after those Washington powerplays

edit: WHAT a save on that breakaway

Edited by Krookie

I don't think the Caps are dominating, but they have so much offensive talent.. Lundqvist has been amazing so far and yet the Caps just scored a powerplay goal for 3-0. Sometimes hockey isn't fair.

Edit: What the..! Amazing defensive play (after his own mistake, admittedly) by Ovechkin! What's happening to the world? I'm scared :sorcerer:

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Why is Avery punching a 20 year old rookie in the face?

Anyhow, Poti scored because of Avery's idiocy. Varlamov doesn't seem to mind so I guess it's OK.

"I don't think the Caps are dominating, but they have so much offensive talent.."

Have you been watching the same series? they have absolutely dominated the Rangers in all 3 games. It's no contest.

"What the..! Amazing defensive play (after his own mistake, admittedly) by Ovechkin! What's happening to the world? I'm scared"

Ovechkin is udnerrated on defense as people look at his points total, and assume since his focus is on offense, he cna't play D. That's silly.

"Why is Avery punching a 20 year old rookie in the face?"

Why not? the Caps seem to think they can slash/crosscheck/punch/murder Avery,a nd the biased referress let them get away with it while claling phantom calls on Avery.

Poti's goal was a meaningless goal anyways. The game was over.

Have you been watching the same series? they have absolutely dominated the Rangers in all 3 games. It's no contest.

Yes, I have watched all games of this series so far. And to my knowledge, the Rangers still lead the series 2-1.

Offensively, there's no contest. The Capitals must be one of the most dangerous teams in the NHL in the opponents zone. Defensively, however.. This untested rookie keeper seems solid, but guys like Mike Green (a fourth forward, almost) are defensive liabilities. I also read somewhere that the Rangers blocked something like 20+ shots in the first two games. They were doing a damn good job of keeping Ovechkin & Co on the outside. It just didn't work in game 3 when Ovechkin paired up with Semin..

I wonder if Vancouver will sweep St- Louis tonight?

"Yes, I have watched all games of this series so far. And to my knowledge, the Rangers still lead the series 2-1."

Caps are the better team. Period. Just deal with that fact. Rangers got lucky to win the games then got DEMOLISHED 4-0. the pathetic morons knowns as Drury, Gomez, Naslund, and co couldn't even score on a pathetic little rookie. NY deserves to lose this series as punishment for retardation. If they win it'll only because of Lunqvist. Period. This is undisputable.

"Yes, I have watched all games of this series so far. And to my knowledge, the Rangers still lead the series 2-1."

Caps are the better team. Period. Just deal with that fact. Rangers got lucky to win the games then got DEMOLISHED 4-0. the pathetic morons knowns as Drury, Gomez, Naslund, and co couldn't even score on a pathetic little rookie. NY deserves to lose this series as punishment for retardation. If they win it'll only because of Lunqvist. Period. This is undisputable.

Nope, Drury, Gomez and Naslund are pretty good players, just deal with that fact. They couldn't score on a very hot goaltender, this is true.

Vancouver just pulled off the series sweep of St. Louis with a 3-2 win in overtime. 19 seconds left in the period and Alex Burrows came in down the wing and fired a shot past Chris Mason. Luongo made 18 saves in that overtime period to get to this point. The Blues played a great game. I didn't tune in until just before Vancouver scored their second goal, but the Blues were pretty dangerous through most of the third and the overtime period, especially during those power plays in OT.

Carolina pulled even with New Jersey in their series tonight. Scored the winning goal with 0.2 seconds left in the third period. How awesome/totally not awesome, depending on your team, is that? :)

Boyle is an absolute beast. I hope the other Sharks start to play like him. The Ducks second goal was an absolute terrible read by Vlasic, one of the worst I've seen this season.

Lot of game left to play, I'm stressed out.

Nope, Drury, Gomez and Naslund are pretty good players, just deal with that fact. They couldn't score on a very hot goaltender, this is true.

Meh, I agree with Volourn, Lundqvist is keeping them in the series.

Luongo made 18 saves in that overtime period to get to this point.

i wonder how many of those shots were in his chest... sigh. it wasn't on here, btw. at least they made it back after a 4 year drought. some things never change, however. the cards look good. maybe carpenter will heal, again, and they'll make it deep into the playoffs again. :)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Luongo made 18 saves in that overtime period to get to this point.

i wonder how many of those shots were in his chest... sigh. it wasn't on here, btw. at least they made it back after a 4 year drought. some things never change, however. the cards look good. maybe carpenter will heal, again, and they'll make it deep into the playoffs again. :)

taks

Probably about a quarter were straight into his chest. He had a couple great glove saves. A lot of the shots were actually along the ice. They were outshooting Vancouver 10-1 at one point in the overtime period. A couple really good defensive plays by the other players prevented tap-ins for the Blues. It was a really close game. Could have gone either way.

Not that it helps much now, but CBC was streaming it live over the internet. I dunno if you could have gotten the stream where you are, but that's how I watched the game.

Edited by Deraldin

"Nope, Drury, Gomez and Naslund are pretty good players, just deal with that fact."

O RLY? That must be proven by their less than 60 points. By golly, Antropov led the team in points and most of his came with TORONTO. The team was almost dead last in goals scored. That's unacceptable for a playoff calibre team.

Nalsund USED to be good. Drury, and Gomez are overrated, and overpaid. And, all of them are wannabe Jagr punks. At least with jagr we'd have a skater who can dominate a game like the Caps have with ovechkin. Instead we're just watching Ovechkin, and friends play keepaway while Luqnvist does his best to literlaly steal the series.

What an absolute pathetic performance from the team. And, no, all the block shots don't impress me because they wouldn't need all those blocks if the forwards knew how to play offense ala stupid Callahan missing a wide open net by pinging off the post.

"Nope, Drury, Gomez and Naslund are pretty good players, just deal with that fact."

O RLY? That must be proven by their less than 60 points. By golly, Antropov led the team in points and most of his came with TORONTO. The team was almost dead last in goals scored. That's unacceptable for a playoff calibre team.

Yeah, really, "less than 60 points", meaning somewhere around 50, is pretty good. It's not fantastic but calling them scrubs is far from the truth. Drury is also one of the most clutch players, I'd gladly take him on the Devils.

Good thing the Sharks finally got a win.

Edited by Krookie

I'd take Drury any day of the week. He's not a prolific scorer, but he always seemed to score the big goal with Colorado and Buffalo. But he isn't a guy to build a team around, he is a solid second line guy. Gomez is a decent playmaker, but I'd also probably consider him more of a second line guy. At least they are both strong defensively. So I agree with Volourn, the Rangers have really made some odd personnel decisions.

hehe... the inside joke, of course, is that nobody in colorado springs gives a hoot about any denver sport except football. at least, you don't have people going bonkers down here except for the broncos. there are a lot of transplants in town, mostly due to the military, which probably explains a large part of that. it's hard to get excited about watching (or attending) a game when there are 82 (hockey) or 162 (baseball) games in a year. football, OTOH, only consists of 16 so people tend to be more raucous even if it isn't their team.

heck, i have a AAA team (the skysox) that plays about two miles from my house. we also have Colorado College hockey, a team that regularly makes it into the frozen four.

taks

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.

"Yeah, really, "less than 60 points", meaning somewhere around 50, is pretty good."

Not when you are being paid 70 mil a year, and you supposed to be carrying the offense.

"but he always seemed to score the big goal with Colorado and Buffalo."

And, why should I care what he did in those places? He's a Ranger - what matetrs is what he does in NY which has been nothing. All these two have done is made the Rangers into one of the worst offensive teams in the league.

"At least they are both strong defensively."

Not as strong as one may think.

Drury's only strength is faceoffs. Otherwise, useless. Gomez isn't much better.