Freelancer

Maria Caliban

Who all played that with us? Ah good times. Though we had a bit of a silly mod that gave us uber-fast firing chainguns that was a little bit silly haha.

It was always satisfying getting bearings on a bogey and watching his health bar deteriorate to nothing as he hopelessly attempted evasive maneuvers :lol:

IIRC, the gang consisted of yourself, Bok, El Jaguarino, Kirottu, Surreptishus and me. Or was it Mus instead of Kiro-chan? Plus I can't remember if Jim and Pixies played as well.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

The little time we had will always stay with me. :devil:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I hated these in-between missions in Freelancer. They were all the same and were just as boring as those Mass Effect Uncharted worlds. Freelancer as a linear story driven space combat game with in-between adventure/RPG interaction however would have rocked.

In fact, I always dreamt of a X-Wing or Wing Commander game that uses some main-ship exploration a'la Kotor/Mass Effect that allows me to talk to my squad members, do some quests etc. before taking on the next flight mission. I think Starcraft 2 is doing something similar.

Go further to sell your stuff. Also the heavy military fighter you have access to in the beginning is the best overall balance between moveability and firepower. You could shoot more stuff and take more damage, but moving around slow is a sure way to catch a lot of missiles.

There are no heavy fighters at the beginning. I'm currently flying a bee.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

After your second mission you can purchase a heavy fighter at the Battleship where you delivered Ashcroft.

It's certainly worth it.

Also; the best part of Freelancer is it's story IMO. The missions and exploration just lack a bit, which makes it less fun after the story is over. Restarting is much more fun :devil:.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I"ll have to remember that on my next play through. Right now, if I went back, they'd probably try to kill me.

I didn't deliever Shetland to a battleship though. I delievered him to base of floating ice.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I think you have missions intertwined.

If your in Britonia there's a good Heavy Fighter in the Battleship near New London (General rule: HF's are sold in Battleships).

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

first off, get the bounty hunter heavy fighter in the cotez system!

the original game is best playing through the storyline, and you can avoid moving the plot as long as you like, you just don't gain levels again until the story moves forward, but this is a good idea. Trade for a while with a freighter, build up a bunch of money, then you don't have to worry about running missions for money the rest of the game.

If you want to play multiplayer, go to the Discovery Mod

http://www.discoveryfl.com/

lots of new ships, new equipment and tons of new systems, jumpholes ect, fully open play, lots of players who are dedicated role play. You are encouraged to join a faction a role play.

the discovery mod and community is really a lot of fun, I burned out after ~60hrs of play, but I don't really have the time for games anymore, anyway

17 hours in. How nice that I spend all that time gaining allies only to make enemies of them. :( Not only does everyone hate me, but to advance in level, I have to go out and kill innocent people. Yep, a world of choices there.

I have the Dragon HF. Do all HF ships have the same level of manouverability?

As an entry level space combat with light sim aspects, it works well, mostly due to the incredibly easy and intuitive interface, and a graphical engine that still makes it run beautifully. I'm much more of a Sins of a Solar Empire and Escape Velocity Nova fan myself, two great titles that pretty much beat Freelancer to the ground, thanks to actually offering more freedom and a wealth of choices - the kind of choices Freelancer sorely lacks.

All ships groups have the same level of maneuverability between themselves, with some minute differences. The Dragon, AFAIK, is a bit less maneuverable than, say, the Barracuda, but is one of the top HFs, losing out only to the Falcon. I always went for Freighters to exploit the static economic model of the gameworld until I could afford me some pimped out VHFs, though.

The Falcon is the "Civilian" Very Heavy Fighter right? There are 2 atop of that, the top-notch of the Outcasts and the one of the Corsairs.

But you have to be a 'bandit' to access these.

Not to mention they are high-level, only accessable after the whole storyline.

Using HF's to do quests gives far more money than trading, in a smaller timeframe. Plus it helps to give rep :sorcerer: (not exactly vital, but useful to have).

^

I was a big fan of the Titan, a Corsair ship.

The best way to make money I found was through a jump hole that let you take drugs to one of the main planets. Sigma 13 to New Berlin I think...

Yeah, there's also the relic hunt miniquests. Every time you hear a rumor of a lost ship somewhere in hinterlands, stock up on missiles and repair drones(against radiation and random bandits) and head out to the area. They are exclusively found in a hazardous zone, usually one containing radiation, mines, asteroids or radar scrambling interference and local bandits aplenty. The actual dead ships often contain incredibly over-the-top weapons, well out of your current load-out and illegal trade goods(drugs, artifacts, organisms, etc). After looting, it's better to dock on to a remote to autosave and then trial-and-error your way to the best market. Incredibly annoying at times, but a sure way to wealth.

It also helps if you are a friend to the local bandits. This can be achieved very early in the campaign by killing the enemies of both your friends and bandits. IIRC, there's a rebel faction in the Badlands(near Itaca Station) that everyone hates. Keep killing them and you'll be neutral to the bandits. Later on it's possible to bribe your way to their good books and access Corsair bases. Pretty cool feature all in all.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds