Wrath of the Lich King

Aristes

Personally, I adore the BG and they are easily my favorite part of the game. It's great to go dungeon diving with my group, but *nothing* gives me that endorphin fueled rush that a good Arathi Basin run does. (Yes, Arathi is my favorite BG, I know, I'm sick...)

Heh, I love BG too. Its so much more "alive" then: "You poly the star, you trap the square, you SAP the diamond..." every single time. PVE is still great fun (my favorite is Heroic Mechnaar, I can regularly crit the big robot for over 10k damage with my high water mark being 14k damage in one crit) but its only a challenge if you have a poor group dynamic. My favorite PvE is aslo AB with EotS a close second. Id rather poke myself in the eye with the poopy end of a stick then play Warsong Gulch. Most of my gear is from PvP with my pants and gloves being the Aldor tokens that drop in Kara/Gruuls and my chest, wand and a ring being a badge rewards from the blacksmith on the Isle and the glowy thing in the middle of Shatt.

And yes, we are raising nerd children. It's awesome!

haha

As a point of interest, given that your daughter is 11, do you have any worries about the kind of content she's exposed to while playing? I'm sure there's a language filter, but did you have to take any steps above that?

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Arathi Basin is my least favorite. Maybe because, at higher levels, I lose more often than anything.

Like I said in the original post, the successful arena players are probably the best. ...And I don't have anything against PvP or the people who enjoy it. ...But learning the ins and outs of instances and dealing with a team of players in order to beat them is difficult also. Cletus the slacked jawed yokel doesn't run a lot of successful raid. Sure, he might be in one, playing a hunter probably, but he doesn't win them.

Before someone takes me to task, hunters are my favorite solo class and I think good hunters are damned good. It's just that there are a lot of bad hunters out there. ;)

In response to the news about the 10 man raids, YAY! Hot diggity, man. That's awesome. 10 man raids are probably the outside edge of what my guild can field at this time. If that's the case, then I'll probably convince everyone that we should not look to add people for the time being but just get everyone ready for the ten man raids. We'll slowly add over time which has worked well. I'm already spending a lot of time running lower level guildies through instances. I tell you what a guild does, it makes it easier for your new characters to go through every instance and level quickly. When I started, I couldn't ask for help and have two level 70 characters charge in to do my quests for me. I also didn't have someone dole out a few hundred gold and several 16 slot bags to my first character. Of course, none of my guildies can tell me about 'back in the day,' when they had to walk three miles to Stormwind and back uphill in the snow both ways, either.

And yes, we are raising nerd children. It's awesome!

haha

As a point of interest, given that your daughter is 11, do you have any worries about the kind of content she's exposed to while playing? I'm sure there's a language filter, but did you have to take any steps above that?

Oh, no, not yet. She's not really... umm... aware... of anything that's going on in the game other than herself. She's in our guild, so she's not really exposed to much, other than the occasional raunchy conversation in the trade channel... which she doesn't read.

I'm not too worried about her at this point. Now, if she started playing more on her own and joined a different guild... we'd have to have a talk. Actually, I'd probably put a toon in the guild just to get a feel for it. But she's not a real hardcore gamer, so I don't really see that happening. She just likes her Dranei hunter and her cute cat.

Now my son is a little more worrisome in the long run. He's only 8 now and his playing currently consists of creating a character, logging on, running to the nearest city and running around jumping into things. But, he's definitely already a hardcore gamer (for an eight year old) and plays a lot of video games, so I know that at some point he's going to realize his friends are playing too (whatever game it'll be then) and he'll go off on his own. But hopefully we've got a few years before that happens.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Arathi Basin is my least favorite. Maybe because, at higher levels, I lose more often than anything.

AB is *awful* when you lose. It really is the worst. But it is hands down the most enjoyable when you win. I probably have a win rate of around 60%... not great, but good enough to keep it fun.

Cletus the slacked jawed yokel doesn't run a lot of successful raid. Sure, he might be in one, playing a hunter probably, but he doesn't win them.

Before someone takes me to task, hunters are my favorite solo class and I think good hunters are damned good. It's just that there are a lot of bad hunters out there. ;)

Yeah, because my SO is such a great hunter, I forgot how bad they can be until I teamed up with one radomly in nagrand the other day... ugh...

Of course, none of my guildies can tell me about 'back in the day,' when they had to walk three miles to Stormwind and back uphill in the snow both ways, either.

Snow? In Stormwind? I think that was Ironforge... :)

Zowie, Gfted, 14k on one crit? I've been running various damage meters for a long time and I'm topping off at about 850dps. What the hell are you doing? ...And it's not like I join raids and people kick sand in my face. I usually acquit myself pretty well as far as damage goes. Mages and folks who aren't in combat when they start casting usually have slightly skewed dps readings, but overall damage over the course of the raid usually puts me either a little ahead or a little behind. I'm just in bad pugs! haha

I'm wearing a combo of pvp/kara/gruul's/badge gear also. I even went and spanked Direbrew a few times with the old guild just to get a couple different trinkets just for variety (although it's the same stuff you can get at the badge vendor in the middle of Shatt, just with different names). Where the hell am I going wrong? What class are you? I have a poorly geared hunter, a mediocre geared mage, a not so shabby geared warrior, and a reasonably well geared rogue and none of them get 14k crits. Bottle your mojo and send it to me! lol

I saw someone in Stormwind last night geared entirely with top end raid gear. Good lord, that was some good stuff!

I only play my mage and as you see my dps is only 915. Why I get such redicilous crits on that specific boss is because in Heroic mode he will hit each party member with a + or - polarity. If you stand next to someone of the opposite polarity you will take a 2k hit every tick but if you stand next to someone of the same polarity your damage increases exponentially. So, stand next to two players of the same polarity for a total of three of the same polarity (the most that can happen), pop Combustion, pop a trinket then spam Fireball. When a crit lands, watch out! My max damage for one battle against him way 84k and change.

Normal crits against normal bosses are always in the 3-4.5k damage range.

Ok, I just got the urge to show off my girl, Zipporah. Yes, she's geared mostly in welfare epics. Yes, I play a female dwarf. Yes, I know that's weird...

But when I created her dwarves and dranei were the only ally priests to get fear ward... and my SO was already playing a dwarf... so I went with her. Of course, female dwarves have THE best flirt and joke lines.

"I'll have you know I can flatten steel with my thighs!"

Yeah, but I love the human male flirt lines. Total comedy:

"You're tag's showing. It says, uh, 'made in heaven.'"

"Are you tired... because you've been running through my mind all day."

I love the female dwarf joke:

"Yes, they're real. No, you can't touch them."

The male blood elf joke lines are hilarious:

"We're allied with the Taurens now? Great! Steak three times a week!"

"Don't you wish your girlfriend were hot. like. me?"

Night elf male:

"I don't know about you, but I can't understand a damned thing these wisps say."

There's a lot of comedy in WoW.

I'm a bit leery of posting my armory link. I'm afraid you guys will laugh at me and kick sand in my face. o:)

Yeah, but I love the human male flirt lines. Total comedy:

"You're tag's showing. It says, uh, 'made in heaven.'"

"Are you tired... because you've been running through my mind all day."

I love the female dwarf joke:

"Yes, they're real. No, you can't touch them."

I think that dwarf line is, "No, they're not real, but thanks for noticing." o:)

I do love the human male flirts, they're so damn cheesy. And my group has to listen to the joke about the bracelet at least once for good luck on any dungeon. "HEY, THE KING'S BACK!"

You should feel fine posting a link if you want to, we're nice here.... mostly... and it's like my father always used to say, "Shut up and get out!" ;)

Edited by qt3.14159

Please don't remind me.

Exactly, WoW makes Blizzard far too valuble to close.

You've got a point, but I WANT WARCRAFT 4!!!!!!!!!!!!

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Good Lord, man. Stop spamming my thread! lol

No, seriously, I will respond in two ways. First of all, I don't really mind a little spam. What the hell? Why not go with the flow.

Second of all, I feel ya in regards to wanting other titles from this company. In particular, I would like another Diablo. I almost broke down and picked up Hellgate: London, but I was a bit leery at first and then simply didn't have time to get/play it later. I might get Hellgate, but I will get Diablo.

In particular, I would like another Diablo.

Have you been living under a rock?

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Please don't remind me.

Exactly, WoW makes Blizzard far too valuble to close.

You've got a point, but I WANT WARCRAFT 4!!!!!!!!!!!!

just wait 5 - 6 more years and you'll have it for sure :ermm:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Not that I don't think that WoW is a pile of flaming crap.

:no:

And yes, I thought you ment that you didn;t know that they announced Diablo 3.

I've known they were working on Diablo 3 for a while, I think. I don't remember exactly where I heard it, but I knew it was coming. I saw the wizard trailer someone linked from here a couple days ago. That looks good.

Of course it looks good! blizzard's only made 1 bad game in their entire existence.