computer case concept

Walsingham

I was looking for a new wristwatch, and became entranced by this:

artskel_jorge_crop.jpg

It gave me the idea of building a new computer case, using a fixed frame then layering clock components across the frame. Should look good. But I'm wondering how I handle the edges and corners. Not to mention the door - although the obvious solution to the door wil be to cannabilise one of the clock doors. Thoughts?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Not exactly what you had in mind, but I always found this to be one of the most stunning pieces of case modding:

Steampunk Victorian Laptop

Speaking of clockworks, that guy must have too much time on his hands.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Computers should work without being heard OR seen, thus casemods are for sissies. A computer should look like this:

4.JPG

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Computers should work without being heard OR seen, thus casemods are for sissies. A computer should look like this:

<snip>

No, the fan holes are poison to the style. The P182 looks cleaner and better for my current taste :*

However, a modification in the style that Walsingham suggested would be great imo. And the site from Gorth's link is already known and well liked :)

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

There's a shining example of another weird nerd fad that annoys me: adding more fans does not a better case make!

I usually start by turning off ALL the fans in the systems I build. If it gets too hot inside, I turn on the one I deem must be the most effective. If that doesn't help I turn on another one, and so on. It turns out that of the three fans pre-mounted in my P180, I only need ONE actually running and still have below 40 degrees Celsius inside the case. Much less noise and a couple of cables fewer.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The fan holes ARE stupid, yes. I have an antec sonata that lacks fan holes completely, but its does have these blue LED's that are almost as bad.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "