Do you think the Middle-East should be nuked?

Llyranor

You can't be serious having this as a question, surely? a quick hash of points against:

- Define 'Middle East'

- Presumably the hundreds of thousands of sub-continentals working in Saudi Arabia etc are written off along with 'Middle Easterners' <sic>

- Who's supposed to conduct this atrocity?

- What happens after it's been nuked? Resettlement? Or will the magical Middle-Eastern badness cause settlers to become troublesome?

- If it's the people rather than the place what about the millions of 'Middle Easterners' living and working elsewhere.

;)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You're either with us or with the terrorists wals. Which is it eh? EH?

I'm for the side not committed to murdering hundreds of millions of innocent civilians. If that's neither then I shall drink myself to death forthwith.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You should work for a non-regulated company.

-Elwood Blues

No, Israel isn't a rogue state (those would be the likes of North Korea and Iran), and its human rights record is only about as shady as America's: shady, but not ethnic cleansing territory.

Well, it's a question of definition. I'm aware that Israel is not currently considered a rogue state by the UN, the reason why I chose the term "rogue state" was Israel's history of nuclear weapons proliferation plus its unwillingness to abide by international law and sign treaties concerning humanitarian issues. The two latter does Israel share with USA. USA is far better than Israel on human rights, however. It would be an insult to put the US on the same level as Israel in that matter.

The sad reality in Israel would create laughable examples if you tried to compare it with the US somehow. For example, the European colonizers stole land from the Indians, but today, you won't find roads marked "No Indians" (where Indian drivers will get their cars confiscated...), Indians are not walled up in ghettoes, Indians are allowed to travel in cars registered in the US without specific permits, and unarmed children will not be shot to death for protesting against any of these things. I don't really know that much about USA's human rights record, but Israel's is definitely the pitchest black.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

If we want both Iran and Israel go glow, just let Iran develop its nukes and then wait. They will take each other out without us spending any resources.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Kill two birds with one stone.

Let them do the dirty work for you, why get your hands dirty when someone else will do it for you? LOLZ

Exactly. Hey, it worked for Lyndon Johnson!

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

then we can give the land over to super-intelligent cyborg horses that can wear monocles and smoke pipes.

also chainsaw hooves and lazer guided tails

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

my sister from a differ mister?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

...and I find it rather tasteless wanting to kill a bunch of people you don't know, based on ethnicity or just the misfortune of being born in a troubled geographic region...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein