EA and DRM

SteveThaiBinh

On a side note, Bethesda isn't using DRM in Fallout 3. They are using the same copy protection that is in Oblivion. A simple DVD check.

This means I will be buying Fallout 3.

Yeah, I might pick up a copy as well - if only to show that games with lesser amounts of DRM will sell. o:)

Wait. So you would rather pay for and purchase a terrible game with less annoying DRM than a really good game with super annoying DRM?

Isn't that a bit like choosing what TV shows to watch based on the content of the ads rather than the quality of the show?

Actually, I would not purchase a terrible game at all even with FDRM. Nor would I purchase a game with DDRM regardless of how good it was in other aspects. I would only purchase a good game without DDRM. :)

On a side note, Bethesda isn't using DRM in Fallout 3. They are using the same copy protection that is in Oblivion. A simple DVD check.

Yeah, I might pick up a copy as well - if only to show that games with lesser amounts of DRM will sell. o:)

Wait. So you would rather pay for and purchase a terrible game with less annoying DRM than a really good game with super annoying DRM?

Isn't that a bit like choosing what TV shows to watch based on the content of the ads rather than the quality of the show?

Actually, I would not purchase a terrible game at all even with FDRM. Nor would I purchase a game with DDRM regardless of how good it was in other aspects. I would only purchase a good game without DDRM. :)

Well, that eliminates FO3 then. :)

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Well, that eliminates FO3 then. :)

Why? I have heard some pretty good things about FO3.

Man, remember when we played Combat Mission? That DRM was kind of silly too, though it wasn't particularly draconian. Install on 2 computers, uninstall from one to install onto a 3rd, and so on. Though you had to be connected to actually do that, but the company was pretty lenient in terms of allowing extra installs, given the proper excuse.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

what, do you mean that you don't do this???

;)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Who the crap would buy a computer game they didn't like just because it had a DRM model they support?

I bought Sins of a Solar Empire partly because of the no-DRM strategy StarDock uses, and I am generally more likely to buy a game if it has little-or-no DRM. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot