New Dragon Age discussion thread

Monte Carlo

The biggest problem with Jordan wasn't his seriousness. It was the fact his narrative began to slow to a crawl by book 3 and ceased advancing altogther by book 4 or 5. WHich was about when I stopped.

In truth, the first book of the series: The Eye of the World is pretty good. It has some interesting characters and world building. The story moved forward. It was pretty standard fare plot-wise, but still, good enough for genre fantasy.

I always wonder with writers who get these 5 or 6 or 7 plus book series going: Is it that they really have that much they want to say, or is just pumping out the wordcount for a royalty check?

On topic: so yeah, mmm, Dragon Age. Does it have dragons?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Yeah, I have to admit that I had the exact same experience. I thought the first couple of books were entertaining enough, but I stopped reading by book four.

EDIT:

I've been following the thread and I have to say, I'm getting the game. Unless there is some compelling evidence they completely flubbed it entirely, I'm simply going to buy it.

Edited by Aristes

Corelli is on my to-read list.

Ha, just noticed that you're from NZ. There's a really funny bit about the perception of Kiwis by the Greek partisans, given that their only experience of them is meeting their commandos behind-the-lines. A quick line, beautifully written and I'll let you find it and enjoy it yourself.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG