Does anyone else suffer from SWCS

Does anyone else suffer from a disease known as Star Wars Crave Syndrome?

No matter how much I read, how much I find out, I can't help but want to know MORE about the universe. More about the star wars galaxy, more about sith, more about jedi, mroe about grey jedi, about groups that are supposedly neutral, more about galactic politics, more about star systems, mroe about people, more about the militaries and wars of the past.

Ugh, its infuriating.

Yeah, it's called curiosity for the prophans, and it comes when you like a specific fantasy universe (SW in this case) and want to find out more through novels, games and material related to it and expanding it. usually comes with discussions of philosophy, politics, ect on said 'verse. :)

I think pretty much everyone suffers it in major or minor degree... >_<

If they lie to me once, they're to blame. If they lie to me twice, it is me to blame. If they lie to me a third time, I'm stupid enough to be lied a fourth time.

Do I want more Star Wars book, films, and movies? Well, no; I do not want them - or rather I only want them if they are extremely good. The same could be be said for the Lord of the Rings -although anything by Tolkien is probably going to pass by default- and other, similar, epics. :p

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Do I want more Star Wars book, films, and movies? Well, no; I do not want them - or rather I only want them if they are extremely good. The same could be be said for the Lord of the Rings -although anything by Tolkien is probably going to pass by default- and other, similar, epics. :sorcerer:

So... um... DN, have you seen the Clone Wars yet? I don't wanna start a flame war with all the fanboys, but MAN. There was a few people that actually left the theater in the middle of it. And my kids got really bored (last movie that happened in was Bee Movie). I think there were people sleeping?

Anyway, it was... strange. The music was bad. I mean, BAD. And, well, nothing really happened. Or was solved. There wasn't even an opening crawl, for heaven's sake. :o

I miss real people. Voice actors are great. But...

Well, maybe I just over-hyped myself. And expected too much. Cuz at the end of the day, it was just a cartoon.

Check out it's rating on imdb. :aiee:

I especially enjoed this guy's review:

Lame-O, 15 August 2008

Author: canceramic from United States

Watching this movie is like spending $20 to watch your big brother play a video game for 2 hours. The writing is terrible, and the graphics are really poor. I thought that this kind of herky-jerky animation was a thing of the past. The battle-droid's cheesy jokes occasionally amused my 6 yr. old daughter. There was a whole lot of yawning going on in the theater. I had a feeling that this movie was going to be awful, and it didn't prove me wrong. A real waste of time and money. I am trying to think of a positive to write, but it is just not coming to me. OH, I've got one...I'd rather watch this again than to go and suffer through WALL-E again.

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

What a waste of good voice talent. Cat Taber aka Mission Vao is in it. Tom Kane aka Master Vandar. Sam Jackson, Christopher Lee, Anthony Daniels and Kevin Michael Richardson the narrator of the BG games.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Most of the EU stuff is absolute ****, except for, of course, the Bane books, which I definitely want more of :thumbsup:, so no, I don't really, unless it gets better. That having been said, yes, I do want to like this stuff, but nothing will ever recapture the pure win-ness of the original trilogy, but if something does, count me in.

Oh, and, like the above, this partially applies to LotR, but anything Tolkien wrote is automatically among the greatest books ever written.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Its either thinking too much about unreal fantasies, having too much time, or not having enough distressing problems in your life. If you lead a normal life and have "SWCS" than you sure do have a great capacity for balancing insane fanboy and your normal life. But I wonder, how much work do you miss waiting four days for every SW game outside the store? (and lol at the acronym) :p

Twitter | @Insevin

Its either thinking too much about unreal fantasies, having too much time, or not having enough distressing problems in your life. If you lead a normal life and have "SWCS" than you sure do have a great capacity for balancing insane fanboy and your normal life. But I wonder, how much work do you miss waiting four days for every SW game outside the store? (and lol at the acronym) :p

Well its not like my life is failing or anything. I still go to work, etc. My marriage is good. Sometimes I just go on wookieepedia reading sprees for like hours though... lol.

On the Clone Wars... I have to agree...

Animation: Could've been better

Voice acting: The voices were good, the lines were horrendous.

Action: Meh, alright. Clones vs. Droids was good, Jedi movements were a little too jerky.

Plot: I can understand having to control the outer rim space routes in order to move troops, but rescuing a Hutts son to do it kind of lacked. I'd rather I'd not watched it because it made me view Jabba in a different way. Actually, it made me view the hutts in a different way. Jabbas uncle was horrendous. He was like a drug addict pimp who sounded like a girl. No offense to girls, but he was supposed to be a GUY in the movie.

I give it a 2 out of 5.

You couldn't pay me money to go watch that movie. as for the hutt things, from what i've heard, rip Jabba. If i remember correctly(and according to one of my friends)before this movie it was cannon that Jabba was already alot older than a baby. So yea if that baby hutt is jaba, then Lucas arts strikes again. With a character there just to be an icon to make money and such. Though personally I always enjoyed ja ja binks XD

As for obsession with stuff.

There are plenty of people who can relate, I can. though i have no clue what causes it XD

I'm obbsessed with Star Wars(or was. there's only a few good quality things left in the series)

Warhammer 40000

Halo

You couldn't pay me money to go watch that movie. as for the hutt things, from what i've heard, rip Jabba. If i remember correctly(and according to one of my friends)before this movie it was cannon that Jabba was already alot older than a baby. So yea if that baby hutt is jaba, then Lucas arts strikes again. With a character there just to be an icon to make money and such. Though personally I always enjoyed ja ja binks XD

As for obsession with stuff.

There are plenty of people who can relate, I can. though i have no clue what causes it XD

I'm obbsessed with Star Wars(or was. there's only a few good quality things left in the series)

Warhammer 40000

Halo

No no no no... Jabba is not a baby hutt. They rescue Jabba's son. Guess I worded it wrong. :D

It's not that Clone Wars is so awful, it's just that it's a kids movie. My 8 year old son enjoyed it quite a bit. My daughter (11) not so much. And there wasn't an opening crawl because it is a kids movie. The "opening crawl" was read by a narrator as different scenes flashed up on the screen. It worked well and was a great adaptation for a movie that is pointed to the 10 and under crowd.

You know, all George Lucas was ever trying to do when he wrote SW was make a movie ten year old boys would love. It's not his fault that the rest of us fell in love with his universe as well.

Anyhow, yes, I do have Star Wars withdrawals if I don't get enough input on a regular basis. It's actually why I joined this forum. I got tired of waiting around at Fark for a Star Wars thread. I don't, however, read much of the EU stuff. I've read the first three Zahn books and I have some of the comic book collections that I got for my son to encourage him to read, but other than that, I've not paid any attention. Though I will get drawn into wookieepedia at times. :lol:

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

For now, with the help of Maximum Football, I'm in the process of creating a Star Wars Football League. The problem is trying to find logos for teams. Most of the SW logos apply to governments or military units...

Now THAT is an aspect that could be developed in Star Wars a bit more

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

It's not that Clone Wars is so awful, it's just that it's a kids movie.

Sombody should have warned me there was an age requirement then.

As to the Crawl (and music), it's simply a Star Wars staple. It ain't really Star Wars without it. And again, My 4 and 7 year old kids were bored outta their minds. :)

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

It's not that Clone Wars is so awful, it's just that it's a kids movie.

Sombody should have warned me there was an age requirement then.

As to the Crawl (and music), it's simply a Star Wars staple. It ain't really Star Wars without it. And again, My 4 and 7 year old kids were bored outta their minds. :)

About the crawl, I agree with you. But I actually liked the movie. Mostly because it didn't involve essays. Or history. Or thinking.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS