Alpha Protocol: DRM?

umm, WASD is (once you get past the thought you're using "letters" to move) most instictual way of moving character, it's not at all like typing at keyboard.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Depends what you're used to, certainly. Anything you become proficient enough in will feel like second nature. Btw, you can't just plug in the 360 controller into the PC as was said, since most PC games don't support it. I have software which lets you do that, but it has its own set of issues, chief among them that the aiming support in the game is for a mouse, not controller, so you can't aim very well.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I prefer consoles because I don't have to tweak the graphics at all, the games they have and no security software that doesn't work.

I prefer PCs because it does other things than play games, allows modding, more precise controls and allows free access to online play.

But my console has all the games I want coming out on it and I don't have the money to buy a decent PC.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Big screen TV, reclining couch, gamepad designed for games, knowing that every game should run properly.

Only two are valid;

Gamepads: the only games IMO they're needed for are racing and fighting games. Then there is the fact of finding a fighting game on the PC now days.

Running games properly: That's only a problem if you have a crap computer and have poor knowledge of computer hardware. That's why I think Windows Experience Index is a step in the right direction. My cousin doesn't know the Difference between a Nvidia 6600 and an ATI 3870, but she knows the difference between a score of 4 and 5.9.

As for DRM its useless, just like every other form of anti-piracy device, if someone wants to pirate a game nothings going to stop them from doing so, there's always going to be some guy that gets around it and then release it on the internet . Eventually Publishers are going to realise this and stop wasting money on anti-piracy devices.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Btw, you can't just plug in the 360 controller into the PC as was said, since most PC games don't support it.

Errr... I have found that almost every PC game released recently has the option to use a controller. :brows:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Why the **** would someone try to play either of those games on controller?

Of course neither of them feature controller support!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

HL2 is fantastic with a controller, but that wasn't the question. I also looked at Far Cry and STALKER, and I don't think those supported a controller either. I know Mass Effect on PC doesn't support a controller, even though it's a console port.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

That's because no PC gamer is crazy (stupid) enough to want to play FPS with controller instead of mouse+keyboard

And are you sure about ME? That is very surprising. Although for the record Bio ment to entirely redesign GUI for PC...

Thus my point stands, most PC games don't support the controller. And yes, I am sure about MEPC. Btw, there's nothing particularly special about their PC interface, it's just an improved version of the console one which they could've had to start with.

NWN2? Half-Life 2? Those are the only ones I tried.

NWN II I have not tried, but I know HL2 is playable with both the Wii and 360 remotes. o:)

HL2 is fantastic with a controller.

O RLY? :lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Thus my point stands, most PC games don't support the controller.

I disagree, you named a few games that did not -although I believe that both S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Far Cry can be made to work with a controller-, this is far from "most PC games." :lol:

-Hurlshot

All sport games, platformers etc. work with controller on PC