Diablo 3 Officially Announced

Humodour

I'm violating my own opinion that this thread should stay mostly D3, facts and reactions but this is beyond

Hahaha! That's hilarious. I must go share it with others now.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah! I've been waiting for this all week. Time to have a crazy Diablo 3 party.

So, who's up for a Diablo 2 game NOW?

Come on I only need 2 other people to play with to make it worthwhile.

So much for PC gaming dieing any time soon... (no thanks to Microsoft or Games for Windows though)

I have a good article on that. It's about Valve saying PC gaming is the inevitable evolution of entertainment, and saying how they think Blizzard is the posterchild for it, and services similar to Steam are the future. Good, well-founded read: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?artic...0866&page=1

Oh, and to put to rest the splash riddle:

d3ishere2.gif

Edited by Krezack

Pretty awesome videos. I'd say it's probably out towards the end of 2009. They announced Starcraft 2 last year, right?

Blizzard is pretty good about not leaking inforation until they are far along in development.

I'm trying to decide if that's Hale or not. Maybe I'm going crazy.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Do you dear people have any idea who the fine lady might be?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Example screenshot:

Linkified

Hopefully they reduce the saturation a bit.

I'm thinking that they should make it somewhat darker. D1 was extremely dark and very fitting for the game. The dungeon has extremely few lightsources and still it is about as dark as my computer room on a cloudy day.

I'm trying to decide if that's Hale or not. Maybe I'm going crazy.

Are you serious? I need to go back and listen and potentially chastise myself for not recognizing such a fine voice actress.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Lady? Lady? What Lady?

I heard Adria is returning, though.

Didn't you watch the cinematic trailer?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Lady? Lady? What Lady?

Didn't you watch the cinematic trailer?

No.

WHERE? I'M USING CAPS BECAUSE ADRIA WAS AWESOME AND I NEED TO KNOW!

Unconfirmed. Have I been wrong so far? :D

And yes, she was awesome. I want Farnahm back, too. It's not Diablo without a raving drunk.

It's not Diablo without a raving drunk.

Play co-op with me and I'll give you your raving drunk.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

No clue who the girl is.

Impressed with the direction they're taking Diablo, though.

It's not Diablo without a raving drunk.

Play co-op with me and I'll give you your raving drunk.

Deal!

Edited by Krezack

Looks pretty cool. After skipping Diablo 2 due to my overkill on Diablo 1, I find the idea of palying Diablo 3 somewhat exciting.

wheee

*bounces*

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

All looks well and good. But I'm a bit disappointed that it looks like you won't be able to customize your character's appearance at all.

Not a huge deal, buts (imo) its nice in games that have a huge multiplayer aspect.

Edited by Zero

Dekkard's diary on the D3 site seems to suggest - similarly to D1 - that Adria is more than she let on and considering that they mention her there she might actually have an apperance in this game or a possible sequel. *crosses fingers*

Also it seems that the canon is that Diablo was defeated by a group of heroes in D2.

From what I can gather from the site, the gameplay video dungeon is Tristram Cathedral and I must say that I'm dissapointed in it being so illuminated, that clinches with what I remember of D1 and it could potentially be D3's biggest problem.

Edit: What I mean is that a good atmosphere might be D3's biggest problem, not so much whether they get Tristram Cathedral completely right.

Edited by Moatilliatta

Wait a second! They only have five character classes and the witchdoctor is very close to the necromancer... they've taken away my necromancer! :bat:

From the FAQ:

Will there be any other familiar faces in Diablo III (other than Deckard Cain)?

Yes. Players will encounter several new characters as well as a number of characters from the previous games.

I wonder if Warriv is still traveling with his caravan.

They said there's still plenty of room for the Necromancer. If they don't add him now, they'll probably add him in an xpack.

lol:

What's Going On?

Currently Active Users: 4275 (157 members and 4118 guests)

View Who's Online

Most users ever online was 5,854, Today at 07:30 AM.

That's just for a fansite forum.

I don't think this has been posted:

Just got out of an interview with Blizzard executive vice-president of game design Rob Pardo. He says Diablo III was in development way back when Blizzard North was still around. The game will still feature PvP online and nightmare modes. Player limits online have yet to be set. As of right now, Blizzard won't reveal any other character classes beyond the barbarian and the witch doctor. Pardo told me the number of total classes in D3 will be similar to D2's original release. Also, in Diablo 3 diablo makes a return (obviously) and takes place after the events of D2. Expect the full interview in the near future.