Early TSL Development

I once read in an interview that Obsidian didn't play KOTOR 1 at first then was forced to do it. But before they didn't play they would have a first script or something. Is it possible to see or read some of the drafts that was made, then later scrapped... Was ANYTHING of it made in the final version of the game?

TSLRCM, the mod that Wookieepedia doesn't want you to know about:

http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4

He is getting at, that when Project Delaware was initiated, nothing was known about the content and story of Kotor1. So, did anything of the work, story, concepts etc. from before they got access to Kotor1 make it into the final product (Kotor2). Like, who the heck is this Revan fellow?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

That doesn't make any sense. Why would you start a sequel to a game that isn't finished yet?

Edited by Darth Allanon

Always knowing the answer doesn't make you smart, but being able to discover the answer does.

Who said it had to make sense? o:)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Business sense.

I guess some elements got in, namely the vague disconnected feeling between K1 and K2 in mood, setting and everything.

Nihilus's mask was ment to be carved from Revan's skull at this point. Now that would've been awesome (and eliminating whole "WHERE IS REVAN" plot thingy and streamlining stuff)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Nihilus's mask was ment to be carved from Revan's skull at this point. Now that would've been awesome (and eliminating whole "WHERE IS REVAN" plot thingy and streamlining stuff)

I wouldn't have liked that, since I like Revan.

That said, I might have gone for it just at the thought of how utterly it would annoy all the shameless Revan fanboys o:)

No, what I'm saying that once they began the development of TSL two they didn't play KOTOR 1 at first when they did the plotting and so on. But that was later scrapped, and a new story was made because it didn't make any sense with Kotor 1's one.

So, was there anything from the first plotting (script) that made it into the second (after they had played KOTOR) version of the plot? Or was everything scrapped.

As I said already general feel of difference between the game (the mood and everything. It's pretty vague thing to define you know) is result of that phase according to Avellone.

I'm pretty sure most of major storythreats Kreia and whole rage against God aka Force thing have been in from the beginning

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

No, what I'm saying that once they began the development of TSL two they didn't play KOTOR 1 at first when they did the plotting and so on. But that was later scrapped, and a new story was made because it didn't make any sense with Kotor 1's one.

So, was there anything from the first plotting (script) that made it into the second (after they had played KOTOR) version of the plot? Or was everything scrapped.

is this script somewere, id like to read it, also if someone has a difinitve list of content that was totally cut (in no shape or form made it into the game) id also like to read that, someone mentioned a long time a go something about over 1000 pages of content but they didn't give a like to it.

is this script somewere, id like to read it, also if someone has a difinitve list of content that was totally cut (in no shape or form made it into the game) id also like to read that, someone mentioned a long time a go something about over 1000 pages of content but they didn't give a like to it.

I don't think so, you've to ask Obsidian developers for that. Myself, I've not read it but I did found out about in an interview I read long ago!