Need Help with Screenshots

Lately when I've been trying to take screen shots in game, all I get is a black box. I was able to take screen shots successfully as recently as last week. Anyone know what might be causing this?

If it helps, I'm running with Vista on a laptop with the following stats:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 (2.0GHz/800Mhz FSB 2M L2 Cache)

3GB, DDR2, 667MHz 2 Dimm

128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M G

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

sorry, i don't know anything about anything technical. I just spent the $37 and bought FRAPS. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And FRAPS absolutely HATES bink files. I can't for the life of me capture anything from any of the cuttscenes.

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

Hrm, I don't use any program at all, just the print screen button and paste. It was working. It still works in other programs, just not in K2 anymore. ;)

Well, that only made me more confused as I have no idea what changing the swkotor.ini file has to do with taking screen shots...

Is there a line I'm supposed to add to that file? I've already set up having full control of that directory, so changing the file isn't a problem.

So sad that even the simplest of features - print screen - can fail on you. (sad face)

Wait for D_N, I'm afraid to say. :shifty:

Edited by walkerguy

Twitter | @Insevin

Sometimes you need to edit the ini file(s) of games so the screenshot function will work, although I do not believe this was the case with Kot0R or Kot0R II. More likely, you either, while running vista, installed it into the Program Files -thus making it more difficult to edit, even by the game itself, or you need to hit "Prnt Scrn" and then open a program like Paint or Photoshop and past the captured image onto a blank canvas.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

OK, it turns out it was creating .tga files in the game directory. I found a program to view them now... so I'm good. Thanks for the help. ;)

Yeah, the simple switching of 0 to 1 at EnableScreenshots=0 does wonders.

However note the DisableHUDinScreen (or something similar) added in Kotor 1's 1.2 patch does NOT work in Kotor2 (unforunately, with those huge selection boxes).

However, movies wont show up as .tga, you have to paste them into paint after pressing Print Screen...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Actually, it was creating the .tga files before and after the enablescreenshots variable was changed. It was also allowing me to just do a simple print screen and paste into a word document for the first 10 or so shots I took. After that it started giving me the black boxes instead.

It's still not letting me do a print screen and paste, so my guess is it won't work on the movies either... but that's ok, it's not as important now that I can get the other ones.

sorry, i don't know anything about anything technical. I just spent the $37 and bought FRAPS. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And FRAPS absolutely HATES bink files. I can't for the life of me capture anything from any of the cuttscenes.

is fraps worth it, i was thinking of buying it