GTA IV gets a perfect 10 at IGN

Meshugger

I've always liked Lazlow though.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I'm glad this game stole the GPS, taxis, and mobile phone from Saint's Row (although to be fair the phone wasn't a major thing in SR), but I really wish they stole the garage system from it as well, because I really miss having a set of pimped out rides I knew would always be available to me, even at a cost, so much better than the disposable vehicles of the GTA series.

I understand that Rockstar are going for a more immersive experience this time around, rather than SR which quite happily embraces its over the top nature, and the garage is pretty gamey and doesn't fit with the realism they are going for. I do like that the extra stuff like vigilante/delivery/cab missions are now more connected to the story rather than being completely separated from it like before.

Edited by Hell Kitty

Ironically, their sense of satire was always the thing I liked best about GTA, in GTA3 I would cruise around from place to place with the talkshow on, just because it cracked me up.

I don't remember very much from GTA3's radio shows. I know there was a classical music station that was awesome to listen to while driving your truck over pedestrians in the park.

VC's radio shows on the other hand, I know almost every line by heart. Maurice Chavez ftw! That guy is still unmatched.

In San Andreas, I laughed most at the German house dj. Wasn't quite a fan of the hiphop stations, but the country station was really fun in a bizarre way. In the end however, SA's 90's couldn't match VC's 80's imo.

Currently I'm cracking myself up at the psychic medium in GTA4. Don't know which station she's on though. And the WeKnowTheTruth station sounds like it could be the next Maurice. On the musical side, ElectroChoc is the way to go.

Edited by Pope

I'm glad this game stole the GPS, taxis, and mobile phone from Saint's Row (although to be fair the phone wasn't a major thing in SR), but I really wish they stole the garage system from it as well, because I really miss having a set of pimped out rides I knew would always be available to me, even at a cost, so much better than the disposable vehicles of the GTA series.

I understand that Rockstar are going for a more immersive experience this time around, rather than SR which quite happily embraces its over the top nature, and the garage is pretty gamey and doesn't fit with the realism they are going for. I do like that the extra stuff like vigilante/delivery/cab missions are now more connected to the story rather than being completely separated from it like before.

What's gamey about a garage? Maybe there are none in downtown NY/LC, but Mikhail's place (near the carnival) has a garage. So why can't I buy a safehouse with a garage?

While we're at it, the Sunshine Autos showroom was yet another example of VC's supreme awesomeness.

What's gamey about a garage?

The way the garage worked in Saint's Row, was that when you parked a car in any of your garages or in any of the autoshops around town, it was added to a list of cars you could access at any time. You choose the car from the list and it magically appears in the garage. Even if the car is destroyed, you could simply pay to have it repaired, and it's yours again. So unlike GTA:SA car mods weren't useless, and you could keep any car forever. As soon as I discovered this feature in SR I really wanted it in GTAIV, along with the GPS. I guess 1 out of 2 will have to do.

There aren't any garages.

And as far as radio goes, JNR is where it's at. I'm a little dissapointed in the Fusion station.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

So are there any GTA-style garages in GTA4?

There is a labeled parking space in front of each safe house you end up with. Each spot allows for 2 vehicles, and you can use them even if you don't have access to that safe house yet.

Did you pay attention to what day it was? And did you email him back positively?

My copy of EDGE magazine came in the mail today. They were pretty mesmerized by it. They gave it a perfect 10.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE SCHOOL CHILDREN!

What? Don't you get the refference to earlier in the thread?

Take-Two's Grand Theft Auto IV tops $500M in 1st-week sales

Email this Story

May 7, 11:52 AM (ET)

NEW YORK (AP) - Video-game publisher Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. (TTWO) (TTWO) said Wednesday that sales of its popular and eagerly anticipated title "Grand Theft Auto IV" reached more than $500 million in its first week of availability.

The company said it has sold more than 6 million units globally since the game was released on April 29.

The New York-based company said it sold 3.6 million units on its opening day alone, worth a retail value of $310 million worldwide.

"Grand Theft Auto IV" follows the criminal exploits of protagonist Niko Bellic, an immigrant-turned-gangster who travels from Eastern Europe to Liberty City, the game's fictional locale based on New York City. As Bellic, players can hijack cars, earn cash for criminal activities, shoot innocent bystanders and visit strip clubs.

Critics say the extreme violence in "Grand Theft Auto" video games could be harmful to children, and Mothers Against Drunk Driving has complained that the latest version includes the ability to drive while intoxicated.

Yeah, but the cops come after you if you drive drunk, so at least there's that