Xbox 360 Respawned

Gorth

Yeah, I'm going to get it

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Man, I missed Lost Planet. It was hilarious how easy the first boss on hard mode was, compared to my first attempt when I first got the original last year. Aww, sweet nostalgia.

Akrid Hunter is loads of fun. Usually about 12 humans (with the occasional mech) vs 4 Akrids. It was pretty awesome from either side; keeping your distance with ranged weaponry as you run and try to stay alive or charging head-first to engage in an epic mech vs alien battle, or just trying to kill everything in your path as one of the giant Akrid. Hehehehehe.

VS Annihilator is also pretty cool. Two teams, one mech per team. First team to kill the enemy mech wins. Most of the matches I played in had rocket launchers as default weapons, which made for pretty insane fights.

I also tried a bit of Counter-grab. 1 or 2 data posts to capture. Basically, you need to cap and hold for a certain amount of time. I guess it's just like team king of the hill. It was fun, but maybe that was from the 'flamethrower as default weapon' setting.

So yeah, good variety. No change has been made for party matchmaking for PvP (ie. none), but I guess that's fine if there's just Nick and me playing it, since that'll be simple enough to coordinate with voice channels. The game should last us a while, or at least be a good diversion here and there. There was no lack of matches.

Good old Vegas2 <3 <3 Wip was on a bit later on, but he was playing Rock Band. I was too enthralled in Colonies, in any case.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Yeah, i'll order it today, so we've got till it arrives to finish Vegas2 campain.

When wips around we need to play more Vegas2/AC6 as it is, so we've got our 2p and 3/4p needs sorted out for the time being.

<3<3 Flamers.

Hadescopy.jpg

So, does anyone know when the free new levels for Army of Two become available or us Europeans?

I've been playing it on the hardest difficulty recently and it's still an enjoyable experience. The length of the campaign is what has been bothering me.

That and, of course, complete lack of any believable characters...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I wish I actually owned a 360 so I could take the game online, the modification options would be tasty.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Did i mention that Lost Odyssey has an amazing soundtrack? Well, it does.

/hats off to Nobuo Uematsu

Oh, and more proof.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm sold on Aces of the Galaxy based on the demo. I'm game on picking it up ASAP if you are. We need to support this kind of original XBLA content.

I had a bit of spare time, so I gave CoD2 another test run. CoD4's campaign was overall fairly disappointing (nice flashy visuals, but the design wasn't particularly inspiring), but I had fond memories of CoD1/2. For some reason, I couldn't get into CoD2 again. It just feels somewhat outdated. For one, I'm too spoiled to play a singleplayer FPS. I mean, urg. Second, while it was fun to have gameplay focused on staying behind cover and having allies to back you up, it feels a bit redundant now that games have actual cover systems and actual human teammates in co-op campaigns. I can't see myself getting back into this.

Info on Halo Wars:

I hold in my hand the July issue of Gamepro.

I have the Units.

I have the Factions.

I have new screenshots we haven't seen yet.

Keep in mind that this information IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. And by God, I hope some of it does. I have to say, Ensemble, that you are doing a good job on one hand, and have PLENTY to work on. My pointers below in the list of units.

UNSC UNITS:

Marines: As we know, these are shipped in squads. Due to the lower resolution of some of the pictures, they seem to have heavy armor and helmets. Think ODST-grade. The Grenade ability is activated by tapping a 'secondary attack' button on the controller.

Known upgrades: Rocket launchers, Squad Medic.

Flamethrower Marines: A variant on the Marines, but a separate unit. Imagine the Firebat from StarCraft.

Known upgrades: Improved damage + defense.

Spartans: Misidentified in Gamepro as having Mk I MJOLNIR armor. Shield less, but heal fast. Can be wiped out if not used correctly. Said to carry SMGs.

Known upgrades: Dual Wielding has been discussed.

Warthog: Running into enemies is a secondary attack, ala the Marine's grenades.

Known Upgrades: Chaingun turret, Gauss Gun turret, Passengers.

Scorpion: Heavily armored, difficulty in tracking fast units.

Known Upgrades: Explosive shells, faster turret, Grizzly Variant (Double barreled cannon, flamethrower defense, UNSC Corps faction only.)

Cobra: Rocket artillery, anti-vehicle. Think of the Katyuska Rocket Artillery.

Hornet: Its in. It's an early air unit, possibly a weak one.

Wolverine: Still in. Anti-aircraft, anti-building.

Elephant: A prototype to the Elephant we all know and love, it can train Marines from a stationary position and attack nearby enemies with turrets. Fielded only by the UNSC Fleet faction

Cyclops: A ripoff of the Cyclops unit in Age of Mythology, a 'Gigantic bipedal mech" that levels enemy structures with blows from its arms. Come on, Ensemble, I thought y'all were smarter than this. Deployed by the UNSC Corps faction.

Vulture: Deployed by the UNSC Fleet faction, its a slow gunship that seems to have taken the role of the Sparrowhawk.

Factions: There has been much speculation as to how the factions would be implemented, and whether Halo Wars would need more factions like the Flood. However, it seems that ES is splitting the UNSC into Fleet and Corps factions. There is no word as of the Covenant. In my humble opinion, Fleet should be Army. In addition, I would like to point out that I predicted that they would do this on several occasions.

As for Sentinels... they're in. As Multiplayer only. And they ain't going to be a faction either. No, there will be factories which you can capture and control Sentinels as mercenaries. Make sure that your enemy doesn't take your factory from you though.

Game Time

Some people have been concerned about rush, well don't panic. According to Game Pro, you'll be able to "prepare a powerful assault in less than one minute."

UNSC Units (not all units from the game are listed in the magazine)

This has been posted by Rasq'uire'laskar here.

For the record, the reporter said he liked the cyclops, so let's not jump to quick conclusions.

Marines: ARs (can upgrade to rocket or medic).

Flamethrower Marines

Warthog: You can add passengers.

Scorpion: Well... it's a tank (can upgrade to double barrel).

Cobra: Anit-Vehicle rockets and long range artillery.

Hornet: Light aircraft. Can add passengers.

Wolverine: Anti-Air.

Elephant: Mobile barracks (can train marines).

Cyclops: Mech.

Vulture: Heavy gunship.

Covy Units (not all units from the game are listed in the magazine)

Grunts: The very definition of "cannon fodder." Often armed with needlers. Good against low-level infantry.

Hunters: In paris with fuelrod cannons.

Banshee: Lightweight aircraft.

Jackles: Snipers and scouts.

Ghost: Effective counter to warthogs and marines, but weak against scorpion tanks.

Scarab: Enough said. MAC will kill it (yes, they said MAC).

Elites: Roughly equivilant to spartans.

Controls

Left Bumper: Select all squads on screen (may change in final version).

Left Bumper x2: Select all squads on the map (also may change).

Left Trigger: Moves camera fast.

Directional Pad: Jump to ares off screen.

Left Stick: Move camera.

Right Trigger: Modify (like making waypoints).

Right Bumper: Cycle through groups of units in current selection (may change in final version).

A: Select individual squad (hold to 'paint').

B: Cancel selection.

X: Move/gather/primary attack.

Y: Secondary attack (grenades, drive over infantry).

Right Stick: Rotate/zoom camera.

Back: Objectives.

Start: Ingame menu and options.

Spartans

MC may or may not be in the game, but is alive durring this period.

Powerful, but not unstopable.

You have to 'earn' them, but it doesn't take long.

Marines respond with oos and awws.

No shields!

They'll be one of the coolest things in the game.

Setting

Variety of alien and human worlds. Not just Harvest.

Rings will likely be maps in multiplayer, but will NOT be incampaign.

Warthogs

This may answer the whole, 'why does it have not turret?' quesion if it hasn't already been answered.

You can upgrade the turrets on the warthog (empty, machinegun, and guass).

Multiplayer

Final version is expected to support up to 6 players over Xbox Live!!

Online cooperative (2 players). :bat:;):brows: :brows: :brows: :brows:

Other

No release date (assumed 2nd half of 2008)

Not on PC... ever.

Hadescopy.jpg

CivRev demo is out.

From player impressions, apparently it's not dumbed-down and still chock-full of options, though it's been streamlined/simplified in some aspect to reduce the micromanagement. Which could potentially even be a good thing, depending on how you look at it. Anyway, I'll try out the demo when I get a chance.

Hadescopy.jpg