Stargate Atlantis, SG-1 & Sci-Fi Channel Thread

walkerguy

*shrugs* I've recently realized a somewhat lacking of deeper character of the guys in Atlantis. :ermm: Improvement needed.

That was my reaction after one episode, only, with better grammar.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

9th Chevrron deals with parallel universes.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

'everything' about the Asgard is derived from Norse mythology, was this news to you?

In terms of cannon, this is why the Asgard leaders are named after Norse gods, which ties back into the Stargate idea of early earth cultures being based on their contact with extra-terrestrials.

Edited by Nick_i_am

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Yes.

Hermia(?spelling) is a engineer buff (of course) on the Daedalus (next generation Prometheus). The team also uses Asgard tech such as the beaming gadgets.

Atlantis doesn't tell you about the Asgard because they told you in SG-1 but I'm not an SG-1 buff so I need to watch more SG-1. Thats fine because I have lots of SG-1 recorded on my DVR which I will likely watch later. I've watched nearly all the Atlantis so yes, time for SG-1 till more SGA is recorded! Time to study Norse roots in the Asgard!

Twitter | @Insevin

I think they should have to meet a culture that provided the base for African mythology. That would rule.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think they should have to meet a culture that provided the base for African mythology. That would rule.

been there done that killed the eight goa'uld that cropped up.

Asgard were the norse gods just as the goa'uld were... everything else (primairly egyptian but there were greek and chinese guys thrown in for good measure) Recently withing sg1's continuity the asgard have pretty much died out as a race and gave EVERYTHING to the Humans so that their legacy could live on. I don't know where Atlantis is (I stopped watching it after the first or second season) but in the episodes i have watched theres a replicator wraith war on which imho was a stupid dues ex for the writers to throw in. the replicators should have STAYED dead.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

What? When?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What? When?

SG1 up to about season five/six was ONLY about the Goa'uld who nominally based themselves after the egyptian pantheon. seasons five and six were the replicator wars, seven and eight were generally dominated by ancients and Anubis and the last few were about the Ori.

I think Walsh was asking whether there was an episode or a set of episodes that dealed with mid-African, for instance, Nigerian mythology, not with Egyptian pantheons which are an entirely different bisquit and a Starg

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Has there been saints? How about Greek?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone seen the SG-1 episode called "Wormhole X-treme"? its hilarious. :shifty:

that was the 100th episode... ep 200 was named 200 and was quite similar.