Creative Endeavours

walkerguy

Anybody got a good self created game thats pen and paper?

I got something called Era of Kingdoms

You can mine, fish, forage, etc Advance your technology and build cities, armies, economies, religion. You play with pawns (legos :thumbsup: ) which you change depending on what your unit is made of. The map is a grided world with land, water, etc drawn as best as you can. Records are kept in your personal folder and available upgrades, seige equipment, troops, tactics, etc, etc are filed as well. You win by constructing an empire, a monopoly, or conquest.

Twitter | @Insevin

A friend and myself once tried to run a Vampire: The Masquerade-esque, free-form role playing game, but it fizzled out after a few meetings. Other than that, I have not done very many non-standard gaming systems (although the settings are almost always customized and the rules are, most likely, tweaked).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

After a few years almost all our games were free form, dice wise.

The only seriously divergent game I ever used was one based in Britain 1990s where magic started emerging slowly. There were basically two kinds. There was a simple concentrate real hard variety, and a colllect ingredients, inscribe runes on them, and focus your willpower variety. The latter was far more powerful, but charcters could get things horribly wrong, depnding on what they used. i started them out with some simple runic command phrases, and invocations, and kept a master list, and ruled on variations as they arose. Simple spells could get totally mad if invoked using too powerful base elements.

The players never liked it tho. ;)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I have an idea for one, but sadly its not gone further than the back of my mind.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I have an idea for one, but sadly its not gone further than the back of my mind.

Same before I made Era of Kingdoms. With massive tweaking and serious devotion I could likely interest a smaller game company in it, though. If you have any spare time you should go for it [making yours].

Twitter | @Insevin

Same before I made Era of Kingdoms. With massive tweaking and serious devotion I could likely interest a smaller game company in it, though. If you have any spare time you should go for it [making yours].

Its certainly one of the things on my "to do" list. But right now spare time is pretty sparse for me, I'm afraid. :(

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 2 months later...