HALO VS STAR WARS

walkerguy

HALO VS STAR WARS  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What would win in a duel? (Equal skill/ability/etc)

• Lightsaber
    • Energy Sword
  2. 2. Which would kill faster?

• Blaster Rifle
    • Covenant Carbine
  3. 3. Which would you fear more if used against you?

• Both Death Stars (assuming they hadn't been destroyed) + the Star Forge
    • The Halo ring fleet

Xbox edition good if like shooters and not necessarily a lot of story and plot.

Yeah, that's sort of what I was saying - I thought it was a game built around shooting and not any semblance of a plot...

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Yeah, people tend to confuse story with story-telling, or use the same word to mean both.

The Halo universe is a pretty nice, if slightly generic, sci-fi setting with decent amounts of backstory and some interesting concepts and themes. No more than the average cult TV sci-fi, but it's still there.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

What are you talking about? Halo 3 didn't destroy Halo's story, Halo 2 did. "OH NO THERES LIKE A THOUSAND MORE RINGS FOR US TO MAKE A THOUSAND MORE SEQUALS ABOUT!"

No. You learned that there were "other" rings in Halo 1. You learn that theres a total of 7 rings and you learn the location of the Ark in Halo 2. Halo 3 is when you go to the Ark, the Covenant lays MASSIVE seige on earth, etc. Halo 3 has terrible Campaign. Halo 1 and 2 are great. And Halo always has had great multiplayer (except maybe Halo 1). o:)

Twitter | @Insevin

Halo 2 sucked besides multilplayer, everyone knows that.

Also, why isn't this in Computer and Console?

Its a silly comparison of Star Wars intermixed with Halo, not exactly a formal Computer Console topic. It would shrivel and die, heh like anyone cares. As for Halo 2 I can't connect to your point.

Twitter | @Insevin

The point he's making is that Halo2 didn't know what the hell it was trying to do with its story arc and featured sub-par level design (not that that's anything unique for a Halo game).

Oh ok. Perfectly clear. Yeah they thought they'd end halo 1, and didnt. They thought theyd end halo 2 and didnt. Halo series was a screwed story arc but it resulted in an acceptable classic sci-fi FPS, with great multi for a console.

Twitter | @Insevin

Darth Vader. The James Earl Jones one, not the strange comedic farce in the first three films. There your answers lie.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

One of the reasons that Halo II and III had a, quote, "screwed story arc," is that the developer decided that, since the Halo novellas and graphic novels filled in the plot gaps between games, they did not need to include a synopsis of what happened in-between the releases. Also, I would hardly call Halo I, II, or III a, quote, "acceptable classic sci-fi FPS." While it might have been slightly revolutionary on its original platform, the X-box, Halo itself was not anything special - nor should it be considered among the "classics" when it is compared to other notable games (id est Half Life One and DOOM).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

One of the reasons that Halo II and III had a, quote, "screwed story arc," is that the developer decided that, since the Halo novellas and graphic novels filled in the plot gaps between games, they did not need to include a synopsis of what happened in-between the releases. Also, I would hardly call Halo I, II, or III a, quote, "acceptable classic sci-fi FPS." While it might have been slightly revolutionary on its original platform, the X-box, Halo itself was not anything special - nor should it be considered among the "classics" when it is compared to other notable games (id est Half Life One and DOOM).

Yeahhh......

Twitter | @Insevin

The point he's making is that Halo2 didn't know what the hell it was trying to do with its story arc and featured sub-par level design (not that that's anything unique for a Halo game).

Yeahhh......

I do not understand your posting; are you attempting to mock me, or are you agreeing with me? :lol:

Neither agreement nor mockery. Halo is a popular FPS and nothing straying too far from classic sci-fi. The story is rigid compared to virtually anything else, but isn't lacking anything critically important. Very broadly its like Star Wars. SW is far better, however. A major point is that you cannot edit the story. No choosing your path, no deviating at all. Its multiplayer is the biggest factor keeping it alive.

Twitter | @Insevin

Darth Vader's breathing.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.