Vapourware: Thy Name Is Dragon Age!

Volourn

You eat what you get

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I hope you enjoyed playing the 'worst game ever' 3+ times. R00fles!

I only played the NWN1 once. The only aspects of NWN1 I played more than once were the expansions.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Its not that NWN1 sucked. It just sucks compared to everything else Bioware has released.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Its not that NWN1 sucked. It just sucks compared to everything else Bioware has released.

That's a subjective thing. Probably comparing single features on a checklist with other Bio games (that SS and MDK nonsense excluded) may let it look like it's the weakest RPG, but it's longevity made it a winner. Even today I see me tempted to return to HOTU once a year, while I've never touched Kotor or JE again after the first playthrough.

Edited by Morgoth

You eat what you get

Maybe in Finland, but I do have a choice of what I want to eat. So if you think NWN sucks, just don't play it or play something else.

Maybe you're craving for RPG's and there isn't anything else good and new left?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

You eat what you get

Maybe in Finland, but I do have a choice of what I want to eat. So if you think NWN sucks, just don't play it or play something else.

Maybe you're craving for RPG's and there isn't anything else good and new left?

That reminds me a bit of the RPGCodex syndrome. They all whine that there are no decent RPGs available, yet they condemn everything that Bioware announces in advance.

I am only talking about NWN1, not its expansions. The expansions were way better than NWN1.

For 2002 standards I thought NWN was a pretty darn good game, but I'm saying that because it was the first RPG that brought me into this genre. After that, I started playing BG2 and the entire BIS catalog. So probably I'd have reacted differently if I'd have enjoyed great RPGs prior NWN release, but whatever. It's still a great product with a great longevity.

Edited by Morgoth

I disagree. I have played Jade Empire KotOR, ME more times than NWN1 but to each their own I guess. Then again I have played BG1 most of all.

Hah, that shut Hades.

No, I seriously have nothing to add to the thread. I'm somewhat cautious of Bioware, but Mass Effect was a very good effort. Good enough to warrant slight hype on Dragon Age from my part. I doubt I'll get it on the first day though, not with the rig budget I now have. But it's great to know that crpgs as a genre aren't dead.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

To prove my point why DA is gonna rock, here's a snipped from the Bio forums.

David Gaider:

" One is tradition -- famous fantasy artists like Frank Frazetta and Boris Vallejo have had a lot of influence on how we think about fantasy. Just think about all the book covers alone that we've been exposed to."

I will note that neither of those artists put Hollywood model types in their art.

Frank Franzetta's would be considered too fat for a Hollywood film. Vallejo's women are a bit more like the 'ideal' but they're often muscular and fleshier than would be acceptable.

So, we get woman in DA that don't look like your average pop-star chick covered with some medieval armor. We get real woman! :brows:

:brows:

Gaider likes curves!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I reckon the women in Franzetta's and Vallejo's work could be described as a lotta things but 'real' would be pretty low down the list.

Or maybe Morgoth just happens to know a lot of women with cast-iron boobies.

dumber than a bag of hammers

Don't underestimate the power of Austrian blacksmiths.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

To prove my point why DA is gonna rock, here's a snipped from the Bio forums.

David Gaider:

" One is tradition -- famous fantasy artists like Frank Frazetta and Boris Vallejo have had a lot of influence on how we think about fantasy. Just think about all the book covers alone that we've been exposed to."

I will note that neither of those artists put Hollywood model types in their art.

Frank Franzetta's would be considered too fat for a Hollywood film. Vallejo's women are a bit more like the 'ideal' but they're often muscular and fleshier than would be acceptable.

So, we get woman in DA that don't look like your average pop-star chick covered with some medieval armor. We get real woman! :ermm:

Nice and curvy with broadswordes, instead of thin and skanky with cokelines.

Bioware has my support on this, indeed-eo :wub:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"Well, I thought my expectations for Neverwinter Nights 1 were quite reasonable due to the kickassery that BG2 was. Since then I have lowered my expectations out of a Bioware game"

I hope you enjoyed playing the 'worst game ever' 3+ times. R00fles!

You have to lay off sniffing glue there Volo.

NWN1 sucks, it sucks!

R00fles!

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Its not the worse game ever. That award goes to E.T. on the Atari 2600.