KOTOR 3 Release Speculation

How could dropping KOTOR II have been a last-minute decision?

LucasArts wanted Bioware to do it, Bioware told LucasArts to go with Obsidian. That was way before the first KOTOR was even finished. Not to mention that at that time, they didn't want to do games which aren't based on an IP they own.

Why should they stop doing Mass Effect?

Mass Effect is a successful game, and was planned as a trilogy, they have zero reason to stop producing the other two titles.

Bioware is a creative studio, why should they stop making their own games, just because they might have to compete with other companies?

That doesn't make any sense at all. Bioware's own titles are big enough. If they do a game for someone else (like KOTOR or the Sonic-RPG) it is because they can, not because they have to.

sounds like you want Obsidian to it :thumbsup: ......for the record, that is fine with me....I'm just waiting for some sort of announcement from Lucas Arts.

but I guess I'm basing my speculation on the aforementioned quote about a title being developed by BioWare and Lucas Arts.

somehow, I doubt that is the latest version of Sam and Max.

Nah, that's being done by some more capable developers

What Wastl said is true: Bio didn't want to do K2 and suggested OE. They also claimed to go IP-only route which was just a lie if looking back now.

The mysterious LA project is different from Bio's MMO one and I seriously doubt it's MMO too. No company is stupid enough to run two MMO's at the same time, there's no point in that.

I personally believe it's Kotor 3. Shame really, I'd choose OE over Bio any day

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I too think that the collaborative Bioware/LucasArts secret project is a Star Wars game and most likely involves the KOTOR franchise, but I am not so optimistic it is not a MMO. A company can take on two MMO projects - after all Blizzard is developing a new MMO, although WoW is running strong and getting new expansions/content. Besides, we don't know the nature of cooperation between Bioware and LucasArts. Maybe LucasArts is not providing just the license, but is also to be responsible for running and servicing the new game (apart from expansions, which would come from Bioware). That would lower the burden on Bioware. To top it off, Bioware's MMO has been in development for some time and the development of the collaborative project is presumably only just starting, so it's not as if the two projects would run simultaneously during their primes.

Do you mean Obsidian's secret project?

no, I think the so called "BioWare SW MMO" is really just KOTOR 3 (as in NOT an MMO). And I don't think LA is producing

KOTOR 3 in house because of Force Unleashed.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion.

Obsidian? I kind of doubt it. I mean, why would BioWare drop a hot title like KOTOR? I'm thinking it was some last-minute

decision to give Obsidian KOTOR 2 and I think they want the franchise back.

Bioware has stated it wants to concentrate on developing its own intellectual properties. On the other hand, the announcement of a collaborative project with LucasArts suggests that licensed games are still on the agenda.

I think that was supposed to be an original IP, not a license game.

My post was a reply to Darth Jebus', not Plano's, if anyone was wondering.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Hmh, Project Georgia aka Obz mysterious third project is definetly new IP

But nowadays it's mystery what is the second one, but I bet it's NWN2 XP2

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I couldn't see Bioware developing Kotor 3. Aside from that the improvements OE made to the sequel were nothing short of aazing. If only they had enough time to finish it properly :lol:. I want to see OE do Kotor 3 because I think they would work twice as hard on it to make up for the hasty release of the 2nd one.

Yes, a second expansion for NWN 2 seem the most likely possibility

Why?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Alright, fair enough.

Please be Chult, please be Chult, please be Chult! The messages in the loading screens hinted there.

They can avoid the whole 4th edition mess by having it based there, it's remote enough.

kirottu said: