Surfer Girl rumor on the games to be published by Sega

funcroc

Oh, hey, look! It's my caring cap.

What color is it?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hey guys, I can't defend my point, but that's ok, because I can always just insult you instead!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Hey guys, I can't defend my point, but that's ok, because I can always just insult you instead!

Shut up, nerd.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood in new NP

Hey, not sure if anyone already posted about this, I just searched and didn't see anything. Feel free to lock if it's already around.

The new issue of Nintendo Power has a big 7 page feature on Bioware's Sonic RPG. I haven't given a **** about Sonic in ages, but I gotta say it looks like Bioware might do the franchise well. The graphics are really nice, all of the backgrounds have a water color look to them and they all appear hand drawn. A rather refreshing change of pace. Battles look to take place in 3D environments. I haven't read much yet but it looks like you can have up to 4 party members at a time, including dopes like Big The Cat.

Just thought you guys would like to know. Anyone want scans?

-Cover Story with nice artwork

-In game graphics have a water color look, all hand drawn

-4 party members at a time

-Each character can do certain things ex: Tails can float over things (standard stuff)

-11 party members total - 8 known are Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Amy, Rouge, Shadow, Big the Cat

-Control done fully with stylus - think Hourglass

-Able to split party into teams at certain moments

-Rings are used as currency

-No random battles, see enemies on the field

-Turn based battles, choose commands for everyone in your party before they actually follow through. Want battles to be fast paced

-Elite Beat Agents style special attacks

-Team attacks (like Chrono Trigger)

-"Fatigue Points" instead of MP

-Choose which attributes to increase when you level up

-Purchase and level special attacks

-Bits of story - Sonic's on vacation from defeating Eggman 2 years ago. Gets a call from Tails that Knuckles has been kidnapped by a group called the Marauders, and that 6 chaos emeralds are missing. Eggman not the main villain. But Bioware wants to make him a creditable bad guy again. Something about a "twist" between Eggman and Sonic that goes back to the earlier games.

-2 acts - first takes place in standard Sonic areas. 2nd takes place in a darker world

-Remixed classic tunes

-"fully animated cut scenes"

-simple dialogue trees

-Side quests

There is also an interview with the developers which I haven't read yet. I think that's all the main info though.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

False alarm, then. Back to waiting for info on Obsidian's new IPs.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Sounds pretty fun, the Sonic one. Pity it's not on PC.

But, uh... who names a Sonic game The Dark Brotherhood?

Cover page.

In any case, I've seen some of the in-game screenshots. The character art looks a tad unusual for Sonic, but it seems to work. The seemingly hand-drawn 2d backgrounds are absolutely gorgeous. I don't really give a crap about Sonic, and I'm not Bioware's biggest advocate (hahahahaha), but this might have potential, if the game doesn't try to be too serious.

post-161-1200115011_thumb.jpg

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Maybe he was making a joke. I doin't know anything about the guy, and am not curious enough to look at his Wikipedia page, but if something seems amiss with what HK says, I just assume it's a joke. He does that sometimes.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Hell Kitty is a male? I'm...disappointed. :sad:

Oh yeah, back to the topic: Here're some screenshots.

I'm not so much into these fluffy kids-games, although since it's from Bio I'd just have to ask if there're any other "Must have" DS games out there that would justify a purchase... I heard Warhammer Squad Commander is good, anything else?