Xbox 360 Reloaded

Bokishi

Well, since it seems out of the question to connect my 360 to my monitor using HDMI>DVI, I ordered one of those A/V>VGA thingies with sound output. What I cant understand is how Microsoft are thinging when they dont put something as basic as a friggin' headphone jack on their console.

..probably "Hey, I know. let's trick kaftan into buying 50$ worth of cables and adapters!"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

You aren't the only one. :)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

T.V.'s usually have headphone jacks

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Or you can get a Y RCA jack with a female end and plug in that way. Places like Radio Shack has all sorts of different cords for such things and they aren't overly expensive either.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

What I bought is a A/V to VGA + RCA.. and an adapter which converts RCA to a female 3,5mm plug

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I was surprised to find out that my 360 does not play HD-DVD's. I guess I was being naive, but I thought it was an HD-DVD player. It turns out that I need to buy a separate drive for $160 to play HD-DVD's.

Do you guys think it's worth it? My TV is a pretty basic HDTV, only up to 480p (or i, can't keep them straight.) It's a 36 inch widescreen.

It's a really good side scroller too

So I've heard. I've only played a Metal Slug game once and that was on an old arcade machine at the cinema. Can't say I thought very much of it, but that may have had something to do with my sheer amount of fail I was at the game. I think I went through the 30 or so free lives there were on the machine and I still didn't beat the first level. :o

It's a really good side scroller too

So I've heard. I've only played a Metal Slug game once and that was on an old arcade machine at the cinema. Can't say I thought very much of it, but that may have had something to do with my sheer amount of fail I was at the game. I think I went through the 30 or so free lives there were on the machine and I still didn't beat the first level. :o

it was made back in the day when the entire point was to take all your quarters and leave you begging for more.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I was surprised to find out that my 360 does not play HD-DVD's. I guess I was being naive, but I thought it was an HD-DVD player. It turns out that I need to buy a separate drive for $160 to play HD-DVD's.

Do you guys think it's worth it? My TV is a pretty basic HDTV, only up to 480p (or i, can't keep them straight.) It's a 36 inch widescreen.

There's no point unless you have a 720p screen, but once you do, the differance is enormous compared to DVD's.

Is there a big difference in quality between 720 and 1080? Is it worth the extra $400 to $500?

Ive only had real experience with 720p as my neighbour has one, but there is a noticeable differance in resolution.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

What massive SWOS defeat at the hands of Rangers? I have no idea that my Celtic team got thumped by two injury time goals! You must be imagining that a compounding victory at the hands of your thuggish players occurred!

But yes our deathmatch was GLORIOUS. Every1 we rushed teh spl0iterz!1 4 now we are TEH WIN0rz!1

manthing2.jpg

Dear Xbox LIVE Members:

During this past holiday season you helped us break a number of Xbox LIVE records. This included our largest sign-up of new members to Xbox LIVE in our 5 year history and just yesterday you broke the record for the single biggest day of concurrent members ever on the service.

As a result of this massive increase in usage we know that some of you experienced intermittent Xbox LIVE issues over the holiday break. While the service was not completely offline at any given time, we are disappointed in our performance. I would like to take this moment to thank you each and every one of you for your patience and understanding as our team has worked around the clock to return the service to a stable state.

At the same time we would like to offer a token of our appreciation to all of you in celebration of record success for the service. And as a thank you for your loyalty during this holiday period, we will be offering all of our Xbox LIVE members around the world access to a full Xbox LIVE Arcade game that will be available to download free of charge. In the coming weeks we will be sharing the specific details of this offer with you.

Thank you again for helping make Xbox LIVE everything that it is today!

Sincerely,

Marc Whitten

General Manager, Xbox LIVE

Free full version of an XBL arcade game for the Live outlets. I guess that's pretty cool.