I feel left out

The Owner

You could try the following:

a) Post in the correct forum. Very little happens in the Obsidian General forum.

b) Wait a bit longer. These boards have a leisurely pace, with people all over the world coming on at different times.

c) Join existing discussions as well as posting your own topics.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Or post things that are actually interesting and worth responding to.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Yes - listen to the wisdom of those who are new ... remember we aspire to be welcoming and hospitable, not alienating and disrespectful ...

Welcome the Owner - just be patient with some of our more jaded family members, they really are not all bad once you stop feeding them >_

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Words of wisdom...

Peoples responses can depend on what time of day and even which day of the week you post. Weekends being slower than work days for some reason (you would expect people to be busy working on workdays, but nooo...) :p

Another factor is the section of the forum you post in. People who are interested in certain subjects will hang out in those sections. If you create a thread about something only vaguely related to the section, odds are, many people will have little interest in it. Check the section subtitles/descriptions.

Posting "style", this is a trickier one. Generally, people seems to react hostile to "attention seekers". Quite a few of the oldies know each other (and can be quite insensitive in the way they deal with each other) but are often willing to offer a response to well meant questions. On the other hand, if a post leaves the impression of "Hi, I am the center of the universe, now talk to me" it will lead to people simply ignoring it. The casual chat usually start once people know each other better. A good start would be to introduce yourself, your interests, what you are looking for etc. Participate in other peoples threads and let them get a better insight into who you are and what you stand for. Acceptance comes together with familiarity.

Everybodys postcount was 0 once (even if that was a long time ago for some) =]

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah gorth is right. With the exception of Walsh most people ignore/hate me but then again I sure wasn't anywhere near this bad. Most definitely a troll?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Yeah gorth is right. With the exception of Walsh most people ignore/hate me but then again I sure wasn't anywhere near this bad. Most definitely a troll?

There is also a third option, sometimes people just happens to have few common interests. Whether it be age differences, cultural/political/religious differences or just simply no common ground. It might come across as "Ignoring", but it is not necessarily a deliberate ignore =]

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

One rule to remember n00by, think before you post.

Rule #2: Filter the more elderly posters' insights with (a large amount of) salt. =]

FLoSD.ObE

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

What the hell are you talking about, doofus?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

One rule to remember n00by, think before you post.

Rule #2: Filter the more elderly posters' insights with (a large amount of) salt. :thumbsup:

FLoSD.ObE

Rule #3: Always listen to Sand, except in times you shouldn't.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

thanks steve... and u other 2, I'm new so cut me some slack Sand and Krookie, jeez everyones a critic

Slack cutting can leave bloody messes all over the place. Do you want to clean that up? Tends to be slightly acidic as well. :thumbsup:

Rule 5: Write names right

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)