My MotB thread

Rhomal

Ok I finished my game with my Conan char. (For those interested/that read my Conan thread he ended up as a lvl 21 barb, 6 rogue, the rest in fighter class)

Wow great story, kudos to Obsidian!

I replayed the ending twice making some different choices (once declaring my love for sofiya and other saying my heart belongs to the druid). When saying I love her yet choosing not to host the betrayer entity (which I think is in conans personality) the ending seemed contradictory?? she says she loves me but cant stay with me as she must find the 'cure' for the betrayer curse and leaves back to the red wizards academy to do that, then in a scene or two later says her and I got married back in/near neverwinter with khelgar, aldanon and the like. So which is it? did she leave me to spend the rest of her days in the vaults of the academy seeking to end his curse or did she come with me/marry me?

When I said my heart belongs to elenee (but still chose to not be stuck with the curse) got the same ending of her taking over the academy and seeking a cure for the curse. And I ended up doing more travels and making a name for myself. Sadly that ending didn't produce a ending WITH elenee?! :ermm:

What happens if I choose to be stuck with the curse?

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

So which is it? did she leave me to spend the rest of her days in the vaults of the academy seeking to end his curse or did she come with me/marry me?

She didn't spend the rest of her days in the academy. She did that for a while, then returned. Potentially after finding a cure for the spirit eater.

I was in a similar situation (though my characters never married as he was evil, so spent his days causing terror), and I thought it said only that she went away "for a time."

Also, I wasn't even aware you could choose to keep the curse. You could end it completely, rid it from just yourself but not end it, or if you devour Myrkul you could turn around devour it making yourself immensely powerful.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Huh? If you go the "good" way you can end curse once and for all - no reason to search "cure".

Or wait, did you have the mask?

"When I said my heart belongs to elenee (but still chose to not be stuck with the curse) got the same ending of her taking over the academy and seeking a cure for the curse. And I ended up doing more travels and making a name for myself. Sadly that ending didn't produce a ending WITH elenee?! :ermm:"

I think Elanee (just like Casavir) was killed to let PC's to be free for new romances.

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Yeah, Elanee is dead. And despite what I said before, it seems pretty strict about who is dead or not. Since he has Aldanon and Khelgar, I presume that either he didn't bother returning Jerro to life or that he told Jerro Neeshka betrayed them.

Good riddance (I think should be added)

Grrr... that stupid holier-than-thou treehugger >:(

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Yeah, Elanee is dead. And despite what I said before, it seems pretty strict about who is dead or not. Since he has Aldanon and Khelgar, I presume that either he didn't bother returning Jerro to life or that he told Jerro Neeshka betrayed them.

Oh yes, I rescued jerro and as was hinted to myself above he did stick about until I entered the city of the dead. he said this is where we part, however he said he would rejoin me later. thats the last I heard from him either in the game or the ending sequence. Did anyone get something of a ending with him rather then him just walking into the sunset?

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Huh? If you go the "good" way you can end curse once and for all - no reason to search "cure".

The 'good' ending forces you to live in the city of the dead however, neither of my chars were up for that. what happens if you choose that path?

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

Oh yes, I rescued jerro and as was hinted to myself above he did stick about until I entered the city of the dead. he said this is where we part, however he said he would rejoin me later. thats the last I heard from him either in the game or the ending sequence. Did anyone get something of a ending with him rather then him just walking into the sunset?

He shows up with a personal demon army if you choose to defend the gates, first.

He shows up with a personal demon army if you choose to defend the gates, first.

He binded a bunch of demons to his will... AGAIN?! I love this guy!!

We need NX2 with him as a central NPC!

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

If you decide to defend the gate first he pops up with demons - rather cool.

That's one of the biggest dilemmas - should I attack the basilisk or stay at the gates. Usually I go with the symbolic victory and "in your face Kelemvour!" instead of goofing in the gates, but it's hard choice.

The 'good' ending forces you to live in the city of the dead however, neither of my chars were up for that. what happens if you choose that path?

You didn't have the mask then. Mask of the Betrayer is essential if you want to save Akachi (and trigger good ending where you DO NOT end up in servant of CoD).

Heck, I didn't even realize it was possible to miss all mask fragments until someone mentioned it.

edit: That said, ending with the mask is more satisfying

Edited by Xard

I had 2 maybe 3 mask fragments. How many was I missing?

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

The ending you can get if you devour Myrkul is more satisfying.

Ein.

On a side note and for my own curiosity, how did Kelemvour overthrow his predecessor cyric? Where did he come from?

Shows how far removed I am from FR lore, I didn't realize cyric is no more.

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

Both Kelemvor and Cyric, along with Midnight who is the current Mystra, were part of an adventuring party during the Time of Troubles. At some point Cyric kills Kelemvor. Cyric and Midnight became Gods, and I don't recall what the fourth member of their party did.

Kelemvor was hidden inside Cyric's sword, Godsbane (avatar of Mask). Cyric searched for Kelemvor's soul, could not find it, and broke his sword in frustration, releasing Kelemvor. Blah blah blah, something about Kelemvor's bravery against Cyric caused the people of the fugue plane (or whatever it was at the time that houses the dead) to want Kelemvor to rule over them instead of Cyric.

I recently read a wikipedia entry on it and that's what I came away with.

Am I right to presume that Kelemvor's replacing Cyric as the god of death and Bane's return are what heralded 3.5e? Or were these earlier, around 3e?

Edited by Tale

huh, interesting. Thanks for the info.

Getting back on topic, What happens if you devour cyrics essence? I assume this leads to the 'evil' path?

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

huh, interesting. Thanks for the info.

Getting back on topic, What happens if you devour cyrics essence? I assume this leads to the 'evil' path?

Myrkul's essence, not Cyric. If you devour him, you get a new ability, which is sort of a general avatar of destruction type thing. Everytime you hit an enemy in this form, you get some spirit energy. If you use that against Akachi, at some point you can devour him. This nets you immense power, Kelemvor kicks you out of the city, you wage a war against the gods, and eventually manage to kill a few before you are taken down yourself.

Of course, I could be wrong on a few points, haven't seen the ending myself.

Edited by Tale

The ending you can get if you devour Myrkul is more satisfying.

Ein.

Nah, MotB is one of the few games where good ending is great. However, I haven't yet finished evil ending :(

But won't OoM turn on you eventually if you let him eat Myrkul? :'(

Edited by Xard

But won't OoM turn on you eventually if you let him eat Myrkul? :'(

1)

If you let Oom eat Myrkul, he'll turn on you for a short period of time. You beat him up, he's back to normal.

2)

The best evil ending is if YOU eat Myrkul and tell ghost-boy to suck it.

This nets you immense power, Kelemvor kicks you out of the city, you wage a war against the gods, and eventually manage to kill a few before you are taken down yourself.

This is epic. And awesome. Did I mention awesome? :o

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Ahh, I shall go with the 2) :o

Doesn't that ending also include you going all rambo on Githyankis and slaughtering them on their pitiful home plane?

Wow... all these endings are making my head spin! OEI out did themselves I must admit! Anyone else get a Fallout-esque feel to the multiple endings?

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

I have no idea how many variables of endings there exists.

Basically there's "unoptimal good ending", "optimal good ending", "unoptimal evil ending" and "optimal evil ending". However, each one of these has insane amount of variables. :o

Edited by Xard