The Peoples View On the "Gray Jedi" class of Neutral

• 2 weeks later...
Those don't exist.

It's like with the church in the dark ages, they either live in total secrecy or get burned on the stake.

Seriously, I wonder if homosexuality is something considered evil in Jedi Code...

Grey Jedi go both ways.

Grey Jedi believe using the dark side is not inherently evil; what your intentions are during an act is what makes the difference between a good life and a bad one "good" being just and reasonable. Of course evil is ignorance not a higher power; evil/ignorance can be seen in unreasonable behaviour- vengeance is not justice it's self gratification.

Most interesting. That would mean that Kyle Katarn is a hypocrite really. He said the exact same thing about how you use your powers is what defines good and evil, and as far as I know - gray jedi don't really give a crap about the Jedi Order or the Sith Order. Yet he was all forgiving/anti-sith as you could get plus that he later became a Jedi Master in his own right.

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't say they don't give a crap but rather put both together and then make a decision. Killing a few to save millions is a small price to pay. Revan knew this and decided to take a chance. look At the result?

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

Most interesting. That would mean that Kyle Katarn is a hypocrite really. He said the exact same thing about how you use your powers is what defines good and evil, and as far as I know - gray jedi don't really give a crap about the Jedi Order or the Sith Order. Yet he was all forgiving/anti-sith as you could get plus that he later became a Jedi Master in his own right.

I agree. Something similar would seem to be true of Mace Windu, who embraces things close to the dark side, yet is one of the more prominent masters on the jedi council.

Dark Jedi are those who embrace the dark side but don't not follow the Sith code or are not accepted by the Sith.

The difference between Jedi and Gray Jedi seems to me to be mostly whether the person follows the jedi code and the verdicts of the jedi order. Your standard jedi follows the code and obeys the council. A gray jedi follows only one or neither.

Jolee Bindo is a gray jedi. Not because he doesn't follow the light, but because can't be bothered to adhere to the jedi code or obey the jedi council - he follows his own moral compass rather than what the order puts before him. Despite what Jolee himself says, I don't agree that he does not follow the light. He follows Revan to "lead the snake away to keep it from harming people". That is a higly moral choice made for the sake of the common good, not one of neutrality or "I mind my own business". It's the same choice at the Rakatan temple - he will not accept Revan's choice if Revan embraces the dark side. So in the end, Jolee is just as dedicated to the light as any jedi - he just doesn't rely on the code or the council to guide him.

Qui-Gon is a mixture of a jedi and gray jedi, as I see it. He is a member of the jedi order, but he doesn't follow the jedi code (which Obi-Wan gives as the reason why Qui-Gon is not the council himself), and he openly defies the council's decisions when he disagrees with them (as in the case of Anakin's training). But while he follows his own moral compass over the jedi code and the council's rulings, he remains a part of the order itself and so is not quite as gray as Jolee.

To me Kreia is not a gray jedi. At all. She wears the trappings, but it's all for ulterior motives, and so I don't think it counts, even though she is powerful enough to manipulate the Exile into thinking so. I'd call her a dark jedi during TSL, since she is not really a Sith in that she doesn't follow their teachings. The Sith code says nothing about destroying the will of the force as far as I know. Indeed, it would be odd if it did, since harming the force itself would mean harming the very foundation of the Sith's power. In that sense you could say her cause has a "benevolent" streak, since what she hates about the force is that it dictates fates to common people, and out of a sense of justice, she cannot abide that. She doesn't hestiate to use those powers herself, however, nor does she hestiate to sacrifice other people for own purposes, so she is pretty hypocritical about it, which I would not say is generally indicate of gray jedi. No, she doesn't do it as an excuse to further her own power (like Anakin does), but the lengths and measures she is willing to go to make her motives moot.

Ahhh, the famous topic of Kreia. There is alot of controversy if kreia was just sith or a grey jedi. Kreia is manipulative and deceiving but remember one thing she hates the force. She uses it because she views it as controlling all life. There was 3 Sith lords... that had to be defeated to create the ballance needed to sustain the universe. Kreia knew what she was, and was bent on denying any sign of redemption. She isn't sith entirely because she taught Revan new things that helped Revan become what he is today. I call Kreia a grey jedi, because she doesn't wish to rule... but merely to create ballance. As does Jolee.... Qui Gon.. and so on.

62nzp7r.jpg

Don't remind me of Mace..... Im so mad that he was handed the stupid fate in the movie. He is such a extrordinary duelist and deserve a better death.... He could of beat Anakin ALONE and could of beat Siddious ALONE. Grrrr

62nzp7r.jpg

Annakin is interesting because he is very similar to Muadib in "Dune" in terms of his destiny. They are both the "Fulcrum" around which destiny plays out.

Annakin's high midichlorin count really is evidence in my theory that the closer one is to the Force, the more one is its tool. This is probably what Kreia herself disliked about the Force. That the Force was this uncaring unkind machine that caused as much suffering for every good that she did.

Perhaps Kreia was simply disillusioned by the idea that the Force could never be controlled. That even through Sith teachings that the Force would always have mastery over you. Even worse still, the more you tried to use the force for your own ends, the sooner the force would bring about your destruction.

Annakin is interesting because he is very similar to Muadib in "Dune" in terms of his destiny. They are both the "Fulcrum" around which destiny plays out.

And both fail at fulfilling their destinies, but please...never use that comparison again: It's like pissing into Mr Herberts coffin.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Anakin was cool

Then prequels came

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

• 2 weeks later...

Thats my scale!!!!

® ® ®

:lol:

Gray Jedi is not an oxymoron, either. Perfectly good term. Your "Gray Force Users" sounds like good material for the youtube comment box, I'm sad to say.

Twitter | @Insevin

And both fail at fulfilling their destinies, but please...never use that comparison again: It's like pissing into Mr Herberts coffin.

Anakin did NOT fail at fulfilling his destiny in any way. He did exactly what he was supposed to. He brought balance to the force. He wiped out the Jedi Council AND the Sith Lords. He was the Chosen One after all.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Wiping out Jedi Council wasn't part of the mission by the way...

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

You mean wiping out some jedi kids? Thats all he did. And maybe some minor jedi, padawans, and Mace Windu's arm. Besides that nothing. Unless we're talking post-III & pre-IV era which I know nothing about.

Twitter | @Insevin

Wiping out Jedi Council wasn't part of the mission by the way...

Whose mission? It was what the Force wanted of him... just as the Force wanted the Jedi Order destroyed in the KOTOR2 timeline. The Will of the Force will be done! This is why Kreia hates the Force and is why K2 is such an incredibly interesting game.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

NO NO NO

It is easy to misunderstand whole "balance of the Force" deal. It is Dark Side ONLY that causes imbalance in the Force. "Balanced" state of the Force is when good guys are "on command".

You should consider Force as sort of an body and Dark Side as kind of virus that infects the body thus causing chemical etc. imbalances in it

All Anakin ever had to do was destroy the Sith which he indeed eventually did.