Decisions... Decisions...

Sand

Which one to get?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which one to get?

• Hellgate: London
    • Half Life 2: Orange Box

I am wondering which one should be my next game; Hellgate: London or Half Life 2: Orange Box. I am trying to branch out from my comfortable little niche so which ones would you guys suggest I spend the mney to buy?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I don't think its a MMO. I think it is a stand alone game that can be played online but not a MMO.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Half Life 2 was critically acclaimed and very popular, whereas Hellgate: London is still an unknown quantity. If you're determined to try something new, go with the game that's acknowledged as one of the best of its genre.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I say you should use the money to get something else entirely.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Orange Box, definitly.

I get 3 great single player campaigns, 1 awesome looking team shooter (hopefully it can be played single player too) and 1 random fps thingy that looks weird.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Hmm... I was expecting Ai like in the battlefield and battlefront games, though probably smarter.

Damn.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

TF2 has been monopolizing my free time. I'd pay the 50 bucks just for it, and would probably pay another 30 for the other two new games that come in the orange box. Compare that to Hellgate, which has a subscription model that I'm not too fond of, and I think it's a pretty easy choice. That being said, I am still really interested to see how Hellgate turns out. I loved Diablo II, and it looks like it could have a lot of the same high points, minus the great servers at no cost to the gamer.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

Hmm... I was expecting Ai like in the battlefield and battlefront games, though probably smarter.

Damn.

The bots in those games are pretty terrible. Valve did make some decent bots for CS, but they still don't match human players. Considering the strategic depth of TF2, I don't think you'd ever really want to play with bots.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

Trust me, I can easily manadge bots, even if they suck. I have barely ever played Online.

I'd recommend the Orange Box, but I am kind of biased, I'm getting my copy for free from VALVe.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, MotB is a given. I already bought that, Zoma, however it seems that Orange Box is winning by a landslide. :aiee:

Sand, you going to be able to play the Orange Box? Don't you have trouble with shooters? Portal you should be okay with, but the rest of them require varying amounts of twitch.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

For Hellgate: London, wait the reviews first. And for Orange Box, if you're not into online FPSs, just save your money. I found HL2's story rather boring. Then again, I don't like the series at all.

Edited by karka
centinexx.png

A few posts removed. Stay with the topic.

Half Life 2: Orange Box i would go for. Half Life 2 is a good game that uses that great Source Engine.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I'm gonna say Hellgate. Mostly because HL2 was great, episode 1 was ok - but I would rather try something new and Hellgate has a 50/50 chance of being either good or horribly bad. It's like legal gambling.

Fortune favors the bald.

Sand, you going to be able to play the Orange Box? Don't you have trouble with shooters? Portal you should be okay with, but the rest of them require varying amounts of twitch.

I have to get better some how and the only way to do so is practice!