the red lights of doom? three year warranty!

Calax

PS3 is still too much money, even at the new $500 price point. Now $350 for a premium 360, that I can do. Plus I'll be able to play more than half my Xbox games on it (I don't care if they want me to buy their new baseball game, I still want to play MVP Baseball 2005, so make it backwards compatible, dammit!).

Oh, I did have one other tech question about the 360 for those of you who have one. How are those wireless controllers? Do they take AAs or is there some sort of internal battery for you to charge?

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

There's a battery charger option, bought separately, but what it essentially means is that you have to use a cord from time to time.

Not so cordless controller, really. :)

Then again, you'll never have to mess around with crossed cords or untie knots.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Rumours of MGS4 being timed exclusive for the PS3 have been running around, which, given previous trends, isn't out of the question.

Kojima cirtainly isn't a sony fanboy, as other itterations of the series for other consoles have proven, and it was only bad sales of MGS2 for the xbox (due to bad sales of the console itself) that kept MGS3 off the machine.

However, MGS has always sold better in the US than in Japan, and since the 360 has more market dominance, logic would dictate that sony would have to sink a lot of cash into keeping MGS4 exclusive.

It's impossible to tell if there's any weight to the rumours that it's already being developed for the 360, there's nothing official but people have been quoting 'inside sources'.

Basically, if MGS4 is the only thing that would make the difference between a PS3 and a 360 then you might want to wait for news of the exclusive status of the game before you sink your cash.

Edited by Nick_i_am

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Rumours of MGS4 being timed exclusive for the 360 have been running around, which, given previous trends, isn't out of the question.

Kojima cirtainly isn't a sony fanboy, as other itterations of the series for other consoles have proven, and it was only bad sales of MGS2 for the xbox (due to bad sales of the console itself) that kept MGS3 off the machine.

However, MGS has always sold better in the US than in Japan, and since the 360 has more market dominance, logic would dictate that sony would have to sink a lot of cash into keeping MGS4 exclusive.

It's impossible to tell if there's any weight to the rumours that it's already being developed for the 360, there's nothing official but people have been quoting 'inside sources'.

Basically, if MGS4 is the only thing that would make the difference between a PS3 and a 360 then you might want to wait for news of the exclusive status of the game before you sink your cash.

It's not the only thing. Though it is the main thing.

If I buy a 360, I have to buy a new PS2 in case my current one goes out. So any 360 I purchase has to have $100 tacked onto the price tag to maintain my old library. The main reason I'm considering doing it sometime soon (in the next 3 weeks), is that Sony might be taking Emotion Engine chips out of the PS3 models to lower the cost.

However, I like your point.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yeah, I had heard about that too, it would suck if I cared about the PS3, though the PAL versions never even had it to start with IIRC.

A premium 360 and a slim PS2 could still be slightly cheaper than a PS3 though, so yeah, it really does come down to the games.

Personally, White Knight and Ninja Gaiden Sigma are the only games that look to be totally PS3 exclusive that i'm bummed about, so the choice was fairly easy given that a number of my friends already owned 360s and i'm a serious sucker for coop (which has made up the majority of the time i've spent with the console).

Hadescopy.jpg

Yeah, I'm a sucker for co-op, too. But the only friend I'd co-op with is probably going to be getting a 360 himself. And we'd co-op on that thing. 360 has more titles coming out that I'm interested in. PS3 is more powerful, has what seems to be a more popular movie format, and currently has the one title I'm most interested in as exclusive (could change). Funny how that works out.

My interest in current titles on either systems though is down to 1 game. Gears of War on 360 and Resistance: Fall of Man on PS3.

I'm |.| bloody close to tossing a coin and hoping it lands on 360.

I hear good things about The Darkness. Any noticeable difference between the 360 and PS3 versions?

You should be interested in Assasin's Creed :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

You should be interested in Assasin's Creed :)

Very much, but it's not exclusive to anyone.

God knows you're lonely souls

Yeah, yeah

I believe there's a time and a place

To let your mind drift and get out of this place

I'm gonna die in a place that don't know my name.

Okay, so maybe I'm more excited about Assassin's Creed than MGS4, but it's not an exclusive. Heck, it's coming to PC.

Edited by Tale

If you're a sucker for coop you might want to have a peek at Too Human, touted as a sort of fusion of God of Wars action elements and Diablos RPG/class/skill elements, with 4p coop through the single player campain.

It's basically Norse mythology where the norse gods weren't gods at all, but cybernetic superhumans.

Hadescopy.jpg

Thanks, Nick. You just turned me from interested in Too Human to meh about Too Human. I hate Diablo so very very much. Dungeon crawlers are the bane of my existence. Unless there are puzzles.

Edited by Tale

Thanks for the info Kor and Muso?

I remember that White Knight game! I read a bit about it on Penny Arcade a while back. The trailer looked absolutely amazing. They did a comic on it, linked HERE.

But to spend $500, when that's the only PS3-exclusive game I'm riled up about? Sheeeeeet, I don't think so. If it had a way to save your games without spending $39.99 for a 64 MB memory card (which is just insulting), the Core 360 would really be perfect for me. I don't plan on using Xbox Live, I don't really want to hassle with charging batteries for my controller, and I don't have a HD-TV. Hell, I don't even have a flat screen. If I ever get one, I can buy the high-def cables then, I suppose.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Thanks, Nick. You just turned me from interested in Too Human to meh about Too Human. I hate Diablo so very very much. Dungeon crawlers are the bane of my existence. Unless there are puzzles.

Don't get the wrong end of the stick, the gameplay is nothing like Diablo, whos elements come in solely in the class and skill system it seems.. The interviewer who made that referance was more talking about how it was a game that has, on the surface, God of War style action gameplay but also includes RPG elements (in terms of stats and skills) under the surface, making it apparently more tactical and thought out than God of War and more focused on involving action gameplay (as opposed to button mashing) than Diablo.

Hadescopy.jpg

White Knight is the only PS3 title I'm interested it. Ninja Gaiden Sigma I'm pretty meh about, especially since it's a remake of a game I just finished a few months back. Ninja Gaiden 2 is the title you need to look out for, and Itagaki has numerously said that 'Xbox fans will not be disappointed', whatever that means. Still, if you've never played the original and have a PS3, anyone considering themselves gamers who don't have the reflex level of Hades need to play Sigma.

I could give a rat's Hades about FFXIII. I would give one about MGS4 if I played the first 3 titles. That in and of itself makes this an unfair comparison from my end.

I have a lot of interest in Too Human - it might be my most anticipated 360 title (this is coming from someone who hated Diablo sp, but enjoyed it enough in coop). Gameplay-wise, it seems a lot more involved, and learning more towards action games like DMC or God of War. Online coop through the whole story = ultimate selling point (no splitscreen, though, you each need the game and a system). Storywise, Silicon Knights apparently has a pretty good track record when it comes to storytelling. Limited footage I've seen of it looks very promising. Examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-reyBgXOykw

Personally, there are too many coop games on the 360 compared to the PS3 for it to be a fair battle, without even taking other factors into the equation. But that's just my priorities. I skipped the last two gens because of a lack of coop emphasis. That being said, the PS3 does have a few coop games (most being the ones that are multiplatform, though the *current* trend is that the 360 often ends up as having the better version - though that's probably because those get released first, and the PS3 gets semi-rushed ports).

And if one of your buddies is willing to let you leech off him on a 360 for coop games, that's an important thing to consider. Many (but not all) of the coop titles have splitscreen.

Ultimately, if you buy a system primarily for a game that's not even out yet, that's pretty sad and you deserve to be ripped off. Wait for the bloody title, regardless of system.

Though, if you're considering dropping 500$ just to play your PS2 games in the future, :):brows: :brows:

Hadescopy.jpg

I won't buy games for co-op, though. I have one friend. Not one friend interested in co-op, just one friend. He's also interested in co-op.

Screw this, I'll get a DS and the ace attorney games.

Edited by Tale

Generally for the two of us, games are literally sold on coop, a game that would have been day 1 with coop falls into the bargin bin without.

On this note, the 360 destroys the PS3 and sleeps with its sister.

Hadescopy.jpg