Man Says He's Got a New Loch Ness Video

Gfted1

Linky

By BEN McCONVILLE

EDINBURGH, Scotland (AP) - She's as much an emblem, and a tourist draw, as tartan, bagpipes, and shortbread. And now Nessie's back. An amateur scientist has captured what Loch Ness Monster watchers say is among the finest footage ever taken of the elusive mythical creature reputed to swim beneath the waters of Scotland's most mysterious lake.

"I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this jet black thing, about 45-feet long, moving fairly fast in the water," said Gordon Holmes, the 55-year-old a lab technician from Shipley, Yorkshire, who took the video this past Saturday.

He said it moved at about 6 mph and kept a fairly straight course.

"My initial thought is it could be a very big eel, they have serpent-like features and they may explain all the sightings in Loch Ness over the years."

Loch Ness is surrounded by myth and mystery, as it is the largest and deepest inland expanse of water in Britain. About 750 feet to the bottom, it's even deeper than the North Sea.

Nessie watcher and marine biologist Adrian Shine of the Loch Ness 2000 center in Drumnadrochit, on the shores of the lake, viewed the video and hopes to properly analyze it in the coming months.

"I see myself as a skeptical interpreter of what happens in the loch, but I do keep an open mind about these things and there is no doubt this is some of the best footage I have seen," Shine said.

He said the video is particularly useful because Holmes panned back to get the background shore into the shot. That means it was less likely to be a fake and provided geographical bearings allowing one to calculate how big the creature was and how fast it was traveling.

While many sightings can be attributed to a drop of the local whisky, legends of Scottish monsters date back to one of the founders of the Christian church in Scotland, St. Columba, who wrote of them in about 565 A.D.

More recently, there have been more than 4,000 purported Nessie sightings since she was first caught on camera by a surgeon on vacation in the 1930s.

Since then, the faithful have speculated whether it is a completely unknown species, a sturgeon - even though they have not been native to Scotland's waters for many years - or even a last surviving dinosaur.

Shine doubts that last explanation.

"There are a number of possible explanations to the sightings in the loch. It could be some biological creature, it could just be the waves of the loch or it could some psychological phenomenon in as much as we see what we want to see," he said.

But Nessie isn't just an icon of the paranormal - she's also an emblem of Scottish tourism. She has been the muse for cuddly toys and immortalized on T-shirts and posters showing her classic three-humped image.

The Scottish media is skeptical of Nessie stories but Holmes' footage is of such good quality that even the normally reticent BBC Scotland aired the video on its main news program on Tuesday.

Anyone seen this video yet? Anyone believe its possible for Nessie to exist?

As far as I'm concerned, while I am usually a skeptic, if it brings folks to Lockh Ness to provide bucks to local industry then fair play.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Anyone believe its possible for Nessie to exist?

No and no.

That said, based on the guys name in the articles, I think these are two videos that show some of this new footage from aired news stories. One's on youtube and the other some news website where you have to watch an ad first etc.

video.ap.org link

It's just another blurry dark shape in the water video. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

" I need some of that strong dwarven ale"

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I saw the video! I believe! Big Foot, the Yeti, and some aliens came over last night and we all watched!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The way I see it if the Loch Ness Monster exists, then good for it. If it leaves me alone I will leave it alone.

If the Loch Ness monster doesn't exist it wouldn't mean a thing to me anyway so why even worry about it.

All this hoopla over nothing is just sad.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Anyone believe its possible for Nessie to exist?

No and no.

That said, based on the guys name in the articles, I think these are two videos that show some of this new footage from aired news stories. One's on youtube and the other some news website where you have to watch an ad first etc.

video.ap.org link

It's just another blurry dark shape in the water video. :devil:

Thanks for the links. I wonder what could be causing those wakes/shapes as thats not the first vidoe of Loch Ness Ive seen them in. They look much too large to be explained away with an otter or sea bird.

The way I see it if the Loch Ness Monster exists, then good for it. If it leaves me alone I will leave it alone.

Oh yeah? Well how would you feel if it came to your house and started pushing you around?

Someday we'll find out the there is actually an ancient slumbering eldritch god sleeping in a cyclopean tomb beneath the waters of Loch Ness, and the day it rises is the day that Scottland will be devoured at a rate of 1d10 hairy scottsmen per round.

Someday we'll find out the there is actually an ancient slumbering eldritch god sleeping in a cyclopean tomb beneath the waters of Loch Ness, and the day it rises is the day that Scottland will be devoured at a rate of 1d10 hairy scottsmen per round.

ROFL

San loss 30/100

EDIT: for seeing what's under the kilts.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So the elder god loses sanity for kilt-scrying?

No the elder god is wearing a kilt.

When he stands up and all of Scottland sees up there, at his non-euclidean one eyed monster (which, incidentally, really is a one eyed monster) they immediately go insane.

Aram just made my (yester)day.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

My dad always claimed that he had spotted a Plesiosaur, which is what Nessie is supposed to be, while on deck watch on a ship near the Tonga islands. I never believed him either, but it was pretty obvious that he believed it completely himself.

Then again, he dropped a lot of acid in those days.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.