Some game announcement in GFW July

Ultima is painfully outdated. It's all about Evil vs. Good lameness. Man, even Bioware has now gone past that.

They have? Bioware, I mean.

Yes, their design is a lot more sophisticated now. For example, you can grab collars, point a gun at foreheads, or ask suspiciously where the machines are coming from, and all that without reading. I mean, WOW!

Those all are EXTREME actions

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

About the same time as JE was brought on to NWN2, at least that's when I heard about it.

(although at that point no one had any comments and Metadigital actively denied it was the case)

I deny any denials that might be construed as confirmation or denial of anything that might be remotely associated with any ... wait what?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well from my perspective (which, apparently, is much longer than any others so far espoused) it seems I have a longer view...

It's gotta be PONG: The Return!

Or wait, could it be-- is is possible that it's: Space Quest 7: Son (cloned) of Roger Wilco?

Nah, that can't be it. What about: From the Ashes: A Greyhawk Campaign?

Ultima 11? I seriously doubt it, though I guess it could happen. (or whatever iteration it last left off of...)

Wizardry: The Re-reawakening?

I cannot vouch for my knowledge of what's brewing behind the scenes these days. There was a time (When CGW was the first and foremost magazine in my reading pile, right beside Dragon and Dungeon,) when I probably could have nailed this from the information divulged. At this point, I am going to guess it is another D&D franchise enterprise (though it couldn't be Mask of the Betrayer as it's an Expansion and already announced) where that might most likely mean something either in Eberron or a New Announcement of Dragon Age *(dunno if this is a D&D licensed property, not much interest in it atm for me...) Still, I am leaning towards either a D&D franchise or perhaps another beloved one, a new Fallout (which would be extremely cool, though Interplay doesn't seem to be up and running these days...)

Guess now we'll have to cool our heels and wait until someone can't wait to spill the beans.

In the meantime I'm guessing a new Frogger or Donkey Kong: The Final Episode.

regards,

dunniteowl

In all seriousness lies all lies, half truths, death, misery and the great suffering of the worlds. Embrace your seriousness, then poke it in the eye, push it down and give it a good swift kick. And in all seriousness, if you take me seriously, you're going to definitely regret it. 'Cause I'm just kidding, baby, yeah!

Not to be rude, but isn't it a bit futile to speculate after the cover of the magazine in question has been posted in the thread?

:teehee:

Spoil sport! I actually figured it was someone with too much time on their hands and had photoshopped it in.

I live in the Hinterlands of Texas, a mere 40 miles from Austin, TX and we just don't get GFW, even at the local Super WalMart, so I could be considered to be completely "out of the loop."

And no it's not rude, just a buzz kill.

regards,

dunniteowl

(in only a few small ways do I miss being away from Civilization, up to date information is one of them...being only on dialup is another...)

In all seriousness lies all lies, half truths, death, misery and the great suffering of the worlds. Embrace your seriousness, then poke it in the eye, push it down and give it a good swift kick. And in all seriousness, if you take me seriously, you're going to definitely regret it. 'Cause I'm just kidding, baby, yeah!

Now that's something entirely different, then. :teehee:

It is, especially if/when the player is forced to reconcile conflicting "virtuous" resolutions to an event. There's a glimpse of that sort of stuff in the gypsy character creation segments, but it isn't often realized in the Ultima games themselves. I still believe there's a great potential for it in the setting.

Now that's something entirely different, then. :cat:

It is, especially if/when the player is forced to reconcile conflicting "virtuous" resolutions to an event. There's a glimpse of that sort of stuff in the gypsy character creation segments, but it isn't often realized in the Ultima games themselves. I still believe there's a great potential for it in the setting.

Yep, that was the big hook that grabbed me. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT