New Dungeon Lords screenshots

mkreku

Just a quick note to let you all know that Dreamcatcher Games has promised to deliver a single- and multiplayer demo for September 1. Be prepared to download 180MB to see what this game is all about. The demo will be found here:

http://www.dungeonlords.com/

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Apparently, the world will be between Gothic 2 and Morrowind in terms of size and about equal to Gothic 2 in terms of depth. If they can pull that off, I'll be quite happy.

And very looking forward to the demo. It BETTER have multiplayer included.

http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=1...c7936736be29424

http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=1...c7936736be29424

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

• 4 weeks later...

IGN posted an interview with D.W. Bradley recently, which can be found here:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/546/546260p1.html

Strange that the promised demo hasn't arrived yet. The text on the homepage says "Coming in September!" now.

I've been looking for an RPG with similar gameplay elements as Gothic or Morrowind. Hopefully they can pull off a living world such as the Gothics and the freedom to create your own character as in Morrowind. I will definetly look for the demo.

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't a good sign for the "Fall 2004" release date, but I still thought it might interest some on the board.

Dungeon Lords is getting a beta-test and you can apply for it here:

http://www.dreamcatchergames.com/dci/forms/betatester/

Ps. The demo isn't out yet. Only a few days left of September now..

Not particulary impressed by the description of the game. Sounds pretty generic.

As for the famous producers that made good games years before, after seeing so many sequels get butchered, I really dont hold much faith in famous names - either their oversized ego screws up the game or the suits ruin it in search of quick money and give the developers so little time/space to work.

I'd recommend people don't buy games just because the producers worked on that X game so many years ago.

• 1 month later...

Dreamcatcher released a new Dungeon Lords movie today (30 MB). It can be found here:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_7468.shtml

The movie shows a series of different battles in different locations. It looked strangely "twitchy" though, like if you play a game and get low frames per second.. It most definitely is an action RPG, but it sure as hell doesn't look as dull as Diablo or Dungeon Siege.

Well, when I finally got the chance to play Daikatana it turned out to be quite an enjoyable little game. Nothing very special, but it had great AI, lots of variety between the levels and some pretty cool features.

And I'm sure D.W. Bradley hasn't been posting "Bradley's gonna make you his bitch"-ads everywhere either.. :thumbsup:

As I just posted elsewhere on this forum, I was looking forward to Dungeon Lords primarily because it was the only freaking RPG coming out in the foreseeable future (unless you consider Troika's vampire FPS/Action game to be an RPG, which I don't... plus I'm not into vampires *shudder*)

Anyway, I bopped over to the Dreamcatcher forums to see how folks were liking Dungeon Lords, since it was supposed to be released last week. Lo and behold, it has been delayed until sometime in Q1 2005.

Doesn't bode well, IMHO... not well at all.

And I'm sure D.W. Bradley hasn't been posting "Bradley's gonna make you his bitch"-ads everywhere either.. :-

Maybe not, but he has made claims that this would be the ultimate RPG experience, that his past games were only made turn-based because of technological restraints of the time, and that real-time action combat is how true RPG immersion is achieved.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Darque... no kidding. I've spent (and this seriously is no exaggeration) about 500 hours playing JA2 and its mods Urban Chaos and Vietnam SOG this year... and hundreds more hours playing IWD/HOW/ToTL, BG2, Wizardry 8, even Fallout 2 and Civ Call to Power... because the games I've purchased in the past 12 months have been dreary, dismal disappointments.

The old games really are the best. The new ones seem more enamored of fancy graphics than solid gameplay.

The only game in production that I'm actually excited about is Bio's Dragon Age... and since it probably won't even announce a release date until sometime in 2007, I wonder if I'll even live long enough to play it.

:-

I wish developers would realize that graphics are a means to move the story and game, not the story/game itself. :-

I've heard that someone is trying to make JA2 mod friendly, with luck they'll succeed and then the user made content will begin :) (for example)

• 2 months later...

DREAMCATCHER GAMES ANNOUNCES NEW RELEASE DATE FOR DUNGEON LORDS

The First Combat RPG Will Be Available April 2005

DreamCatcher Games today announced that Dungeon Lords, the world's first combat role-playing game, will ship worldwide for Windows