Cthulhu Manifestations

Diogo Ribeiro

I actually think Max makes a joke about summoning a shoggoth in one of the episodes.

I absolutely love that line. I'm trying hard to remember which episode it is.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

• 4 weeks later...

Oi oi.

Heard a lot of talk about a "Arkham Horror" board game so I went out and bought it and my friends and I have been rigorously playing it for the last few days. Tonight we figured out why the game was so hard: Instead of collective turns, we were giving each player his own turn, and thus exponentially increasing the number of Mythos cards being drawn. We played with 7 people and lost to Azathoth by the 30 minute mark of the game.

Anyway, I was thinking, "hey, wouldn't it be awesome if we could make our own **** for this game?" and lo and behold, I found Strange Eons, a disturbingly professional editor for Arkham Horror. It does 90% of the work for you. I thought I'd throw it out there if anybody else was interested. I just finished up a custom Ancient One. I'm using Zdzis

Edited by Pop

Zdzislaw Beksinski's paintings are almost scary in their detail (and intensity).. Outerworldish to say the least.

Yeuay! *Walsnigham shows evidence of a classical education by reacting to the picture with a shudder and reflexively brandishing a loaded bolter at the screen*

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Watson has a really awkward way of following you around (you'll understand if you play it).

If by awkward you mean creepy then yes. He doesn't actually move, he just materializes behind you. Walk away from him backwards so he's off in the distance then turn around and... HOLY CRAP!

I'm betting he's a Deep One in disguise, concealing all evidence of their existence!

(that certainly makes it more interesting than calling him a character with apparently lousy AI, at least)

How often should Cthulu mythos creatures actually show up in a game, anyway?

Currently playing Dark Corners of the Earth, I'm finding it hard to answer that question. On one hand, it's good to see a depiction of several creatures in the Cthulhu mythos and how they impact on the main character's - and seemingly, everyone else's - sanity. The boat level in particular is pretty moody and challenging, with Deep Ones swarming and the main character trying to help the sailors. On the other, all the mystery surrounding them is pretty much gone.

You kill muthafuggin' Dagon

for chrissakes, or at least send him deep into the sea with a couple of torpedos on his slimy mug. Reportedly you confront

Hydra

as well towards the endgame, though I'm currently involved in a knife party with Sebastian Marsh.

The battle with Hydra was a low-point in the game, if you ask me. You'll see why. You're like an invincible superman by that point and suddenly you develop these magic powers that make absolutely no sense. Also, the dash for freedom just after it was frustrating as all hell.

Just before Hydra, however, there is a part of the game that is simply terrifying and awesome. I won't spoil it for you, but it was probably my favorite part of the game short of that unarmed chase across Innsmouth.

Zdzislaw Beksinski's paintings are almost scary in their detail (and intensity).. Outerworldish to say the least.

Beksinski is probably one of the few artists whose imagery is actually on par with Lovecraft's wild imagination and wilder rhetoric. There is a definite feeling that if you ever saw Beksinski's stuff in reality instead of on canvas, you would lose your mind.

Beksinski is probably one of the few artists whose imagery is actually on par with Lovecraft's wild imagination and wilder rhetoric. There is a definite feeling that if you ever saw Beksinski's stuff in reality instead of on canvas, you would lose your mind.

true that! :sorcerer:

Fortune favors the bald.