WOOHOO!

Sand

Nope, happens even when only one person is around, i.e. if the rest are still catching up.

When you clear the warehouse for the watch, and you find the Neverwinter Nine man with his cohort waiting outside (the ones who decide to go get drunk in the Sunken Flagon)... isn't that usually Nevalle? Cause I got some random guy with a goatee and a ponytail instead. O_o

I've only got ponytail guy

So, I just started replaying OC and patch 1.05 came up while hadn't even reached Highcliff yet.

I'm enjoying this playthrough very, very much. Much more than my initial one, I wonder why. I guess one reason is much better character build.

1.05 somewhat helped with my performance problems. It's not smoothest ever, but certainly enjoyable enough . Yay!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I never found Qara being suicidical. But she was extremely dangerous for other party members

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Unhealthy addiction to fire and AoE spells + Artificial Stupidity + D&D Hardcore difficulty = :shifty:

Patch 1.05 definitely breaks the script controlling the scene where Daeghun and his group of rangers attack Bladelings during the final wave of the battle in West Harbor in chapter 1. I created a second character and just went through this area, and had the exact same sequence of events happen as before. Three Bladelings stop moving while the dwarves continue running, then the scene changes to Daeghun and Co. The ranger on his left fires off a single shot at some off-screen target, but nobody else does anything. Finally the sequence times out and Daeghun initiates dialog. When the dialog is over, you're left with two or three extra Bladelings to deal with. Don't worry about Daeghun though, this game uses the MinHP1 trick to keep plot-critical characters alive (I let Khelgar fight the three thugs alone, hoping he'd die so I could continue alone, but alas, he fought while "Near Death" for a minute or two, while continuing to take damage, before finally killing the last thug. Thankfully I was able to ditch him with "rs kr_roster_edit" after the forced drink and conversation. I really hope the expansion doesn't force as much onto the player as the OC does. It's very, very annoying.)

I'd like to see the height adjuster modified to allow taller/shorter characters than is now possible, since human adults can vary in height by as much as two or three feet (dwarfism and giantism aside). In the meantime you can always use the GFF Editor to tweak your character's height and girth further than CG allows. I tried adding a tail to my tiefling rogue, but the game seems to ignore wings and tails when the character being edited is the main character. That's disappointing.

I'd edit the OC myself to fix the few bugs remaining, but Obsidian keeps modifying parts of it when they release patches. There are still several glitches in the 'tutorial' area, which I enjoy playing through. I suspect they don't care much about that module since the glitches continue to exist after five patches.

On the other side of the coin, I'm experimenting with my first evil character, ever. I agree with some opinions here about it being either a LG or CE game, as it's hard to find the middle ground. If NE doesn't get easier, I'll dive into CE and kill everything that isn't using the MinHP1 cheat and that can be targeted. I'm going to be an Assassin (just two more levels) so it doesn't matter what flavor of evil my character is.

I see the point about skills and feats; I wasn't thinking about the feats that require certain skill levels when I posted/PMed my idea. Perhaps the screen could be divided horizontally with skills on top and feats below, or tabs. Either way would allow us to more easily design our characters before thrusting them head-first into the game world.

Back to my tailless tiefling rogue, the woman who only wants to adventure alone in the world, but who must always summon a script from the ethereal 'console' to dispose of an unwanted leech.

Played 'NG/CG' role with a wizard then LE/NE with a thief, so I'm trying a Paladin... except of the Red Knight. Ignoring any FR / D&D rules that may exist for this deity, and the forced alignment, I simply assume that the Red Knight is more of an impersonal, amorphous deity that is an entire embodiment of all that is strategic and tactically efficient; yet this, unlike conventional thinking, does not simply mean the refusal to consider anything unemotional or so forth. It is perfectly strategical and logical to, say, exploit the emotions of an opponent. Anyway, it's an interesting perspective to play from, despite the natural limitations of the CRPG dialogue systems.

What was I saying? Oh yes. I swapped to 1.05 once I reached Neverwinter. My performance has been pretty much the same since 1.03 days - 15-20 everywhere but 5-10 in cities. Really, I dont' mind all that much, especially since I use the console to give everyone the Dash feat. Just got freaking Shandra forced into the party though and I really, really hate that. Bishop is one of my favourite characters but if I have a Paladin, Fighter and Ranger it's kinda stupid, party-wise.

I don't see too much difference from 1.04, but multiselect and so forth is definitely an excellent addition, as are the health metres.

Unhealthy addiction to fire and AoE spells + Artificial Stupidity + D&D Hardcore difficulty = :thumbsup:

She loved those fireballs. The AI is a lot better.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"