i hope Epic responds and helps us out

First: This is the Obsidian forums, not the Epic forums.

Second, from who I've talked to, formal training isn't all that important as long as you can do the work, and do it under pressure. So theres nothing wrong with being self taught, as long as you can do the work, in a reasonable amount of time, under pressure.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm writing this to help me and everyone who wants to get into the game industry and wishes to know or hear stories on how the guys at epic got their jobs and how they would recommend starting preparing for the industry and what they should do and don

~ Mike Stout

d3banner.jpg

... in a reasonable amount of time, under pressure.

So, you must be "tormentable"?

The school I went to tried to prepare us for the industry by setting up the workload similar to what the instructors had to handle while they were a part of the industry. So most of us in the class spent around 12+ hours a day at the school, then when it hit crunch time for our final projects some of us didn't leave the school for 3 days and such. In the last couple days before the deadline for our final projects I had been up for 42 hours without sleep working. With meal breaks.

Though I assume it wouldn't get that bad while in the actual industry. Especially since you aren't very efficient while hallucinating from lack of sleep.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg